Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cs mix box by ikmultimedia demo.the guitar side.

This app is amazing!i’ve really enjoyed using it a lot!
The UI is a real pleasure to use.The effects are really good.
Their ovedrive/distortion pedals are great.i love the comps.
Everything is amazing.I’ve not use eqs because i didn’t need them,but i will for sure in another context.
I’ve used overloud for my amp sims needs.it sounds so good.
Winning combo.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• Is the Feedback pedal part of the collection, Flo???

• @SNystrom said:
    Is the Feedback pedal part of the collection, Flo???

No,inave not seen it😉.

• McDMcD
    edited December 2020

I haven't listened yet but I wanted to make a list of the FX from the Youtube frozen image using the descriptions on the Product's web page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixboxipad/index.php?p=fx

There are 70 different FX/Amp Units:

8 FX used - 4 Pre-amp and 4 Post-amp

4 Pre-amp FX

1. Uni V

Based on UnivoxTM Uni-VibeTM.
      This was a chorus/rotating-speaker simulator that was introduced in 1969 and used predominantly in live performances. This created a swirling effect quite similar to the Leslie® speaker cabinet but with the addition of speed control. This effect was employed on tracks such as “Hey Baby (The Land of the New Rising Sun),” “Earth Blues,” and “Machine Gun.” A vintage Uni-VibeTM is in such high demand it sells for over a thousand dollars, if you can even find one.

2. Distortion

This effect simulates the distortion occurring as you raise the gain of an amplifier.

1. Overdrive

This entirely analog modeled Overdrive recreates the tone of one of the best overdrive stompboxes.

1. Overscream

Based on Ibanez® Tube Screamer.
    This is a model of a classic overdrive/distortion pedal which has become the go-to overdrive pedal for some of the most influential guitar players of all time. Its basic controls make it easy to dial in the exact sound you want.

4 Post-Amp FX

1. Saturator X

Saturator X delivers that classic analog saturation and takes you on a trip back in time to the birth of “modern” recording before computers and opens your recordings to the mysterious, elusive and warm world of analog saturation.

1. Chorus-C1

Based on Boss® CE-1.
    A model of a classic bucked-brigade analog Chorus/Vibrato unit. It provides both analog Chorus and analog Vibrato effects, when in Chorus mode the modulation will be lush and slow, when in Vibrato effect the modulation will be faster and more noticeable.

1. Tape Echo

A spot-on emulation of one of the classic tape echo units of all time. To go along with its cool vintage sound, we added some great modern features, like stereo operation, separate delay times on L&R, and syncing to host tempo.

1. Reverb Delay

This effect combines reverberation with delay mixed in for a spacious effect.

OK. Now I can listen...

There are 2 more FX in the Pre-Amp MixBox:

1. Electric Flanger (as compared to an acoustic flanger like a Leslie Rotor? Vibraphones also had rotor blades)

Based on Electro-Harmonix® Electric Mistress.
    This stomp box is a model of a vintage flanger/filter matrix used by many well-known guitarists to achieve classic sounds. While it has amazing warmth, it is also capable of very versatile chorus and ring modulation type sounds.

1. Limiter

This is a multi-band analog modeled limiter. Inside there are three separate hard knee compressors for the low, mid and high bands. It can deliver a very powerful compression to drums kits and loops. The controls of the three compressors are linked on the interface for simplicity. Compared against the Compressor, the Limiter can deliver a far more aggressive compression effect.

It looks like you have to enable an FX unit by pressing the small on/off circle above on the right edge of the chassis. Guitarist like knobs but they also like foot controls.

All the FX in TH-U cost me about the same amount... this is a very good offer at $40 and good at $60.

I hope someone posts an ambient video... maybe running some clean dreamy FX into the Gauss Field Looper.
    Maybe @flo26 would get out his David Gilmore space suit and go to the Dark Side of the Moon.

• McDMcD
    edited December 2020

@richardyot made us a clean FX demo:

A quick test of what I mean, the "guitar" tone is fully created in MixBox, the signal chain is Compressor --> Overscream --> Marshall sim --> British EQ --> Tape Echo --> Multi Chorus --> Wah 47 --> Hall Reverb. The original performance was with Geoshred in Garageband, this version was recreated in Cubasis 3 with just the raw tone from Geoshred.

• edited December 2020

@flo26 I love the sound especially in the second half of the video, really special!

I have to pose the question: this suite will easily compete with or replace other great suites like NuRack or iFX Rack, but can it replace all the bias, amplitube, and Overloud pedals? Is this more for mixing and overall sound design rather than guitar pedalboard replacement? There’s also all the Nembrini fx which will have a plugin host soon, then there’s the single plugin masterpieces we all love like Saturn 2 and the FACs. Does MixBox have the components and routing flexibility to replace them all?

• edited December 2020

Thanks @JoyceRoadStudios !
    Will it replace all the other pedals?It may or not.. it will depend on your needs.
    It might be enough for me.i’m not a big fx user.I love direct amp sounds😉.

• @flo26 , great playing throughout.
    Forgive my ignorance, is this a real guitar going through the IK app?
    Ditto @McD , is this a basic GeoShred tone going through the IK app?
    Just trying to decide if the IK app is good for me as a purely GeoShred player. Thanks.

• edited December 2020

@GeoTony said:
    @flo26 , great playing throughout.
    Forgive my ignorance, is this a real guitar going through the IK app?
    Ditto @McD , is this a basic GeoShred tone going through the IK app?
    Just trying to decide if the IK app is good for me as a purely GeoShred player. Thanks.

It’s me playing guitar😉.
    Mixbox should sound great with geoshred.

• Thanks @flo26 , you convinced me... just bought and having fun already!

• @GeoTony said:
    Thanks @flo26 , you convinced me... just bought and having fun already!

Enjoy😉!

• so how good are the amps really, are they on par with bias, overloud and the like?

• @dobbs said:
    so how good are the amps really, are they on par with bias, overloud and the like?

For me,overloud sounds much better than bias,but that’s just me😉.
    To my ears bias’s amps sound overly comppressed.I don’t like this.

• ok but how do the mixbus amps compare? IK say they are from amplitube, are they good? as good as overloud?

• @dobbs said:
    ok but how do the mixbus amps compare? IK say they are from amplitube, are they good? as good as overloud?

I haven’t tested them as i have no interest for them,so i can’t say anything about it but if they sound as good as amplitube,then all is good😉.
    The rest is a matter of taste.

• The Mix Box amps seem pretty good to me, and quite varied, but then I’m not a guitarist so take from that what you will.

• I think I'm just gonna try it. and hope that this will keep me from more investments into guitar apps :D

• @dobbs said:
    I think I'm just gonna try it. and hope that this will keep me from more investments into guitar apps :D

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

• I can't get the quality of sound from the MixBox Amps that I get from the TH-U amps of the same type (Fender, Vox, Marshall, etc). TH-U has a pristine quality that just delivers great tone unlike any other amp sim for my tastes.

Now there are aspects to an amplifier and how it reacts to dynamics that I don't have the skills or ear to assess so my opinion should be weighed as someone that plays and few notes and either loves the sound I'm getting or hears it as somehow artificial... for me a tone is either beautiful or somehow flawed. It's a very personal choice but I suspect many will also
    hear a distinct value in TH-U's audio engine.

• edited January 2021

So i finally came around to testing the amps and I must say, i like them. Definitely good enough for my purposes :D I love how you can add the Cab sim (even though the amps already have cab sims) and then with the wet/dry slider just add <15% wet from the dedicated cab sim. Really allows you to shape the sound.

• How are the 3 Saturation FX, Phonograph, Tape Cassette, Saturator X? Compared to other Au tape cassette/saturation apps.

• I haven’t explored all the “guitar” options in MixBox considering how many thu and nembrini amps I’m playing with, but the MixBox “Modular Guitar Amp Lead” is a fantastic preset for recording a sizzling guitar solo. And like everyone else I’m using MixBox almost everywhere, drum and bass busses, glue, saturation, etc... such a valuable app!