Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TIFU - USB-C hub edition

It’s a clumsy day at Ed’s house today :(

I’m so mad at myself for doing this, but TIFU by getting up from my desk in a hurry and somehow my Samson headphone cable got caught up on my shoe!

I ended up yanking the cable really hard, which was plugged into my HyperDrive USB-C hub that was also plugged into everything else (my Scarlett 4i4, an IRig keys controller, my DM12, and the power cable) and then the hub of course, was plugged into my iPad Pro 11”.

Now I have a short or a break somewhere, and I cannot figure out for the life of me where it is!!! It’s either the stupid short lead cable coming off of the usb hub, or it’s the iPad’s USB-C port itself.

I can make it work intermittently by moving the hub around slightly, or by jiggling the plug at the iPad port, or by bending the hubs cable a bit one way or the other. But it’ll cut out either by itself after a short bit off time, or if I barely even touch anything. Ughhhh!!! So frustrating... especially when I was neck deep in a project!

I’m probably going to get a new iPad Pro soon anyway, but now I’m going to have to buy a new hub as well. Damnit mang!

TLDR; I broke something, not sure exactly what, either my iPad or my USB-C hub. So now I’ve gotta buy new stuff, and I’m not happy about it. Especially being this close to Christmas and the fact that money is tight. :,(

Comments