Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flip - make music everywhere by Suture Sound Inc.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1486629619

Description:

Flip was designed for a fast and intuitive workflow. As soon as you record a sound it’s available to be played on drum pads as well as being mapped across a keyboard. Sounds can be subtly shaped or entirely transformed using the built-in effects and easy-to-use editing tools.

You can record a quantized or unquantized performance on the pads or keyboard. There is also a full piano roll where you can enter and edit notes and velocities.

Record knob movements or draw automation by hand to bring even more life to your sounds. Every automation lane can also have its own independent length, for polymetric and generative music possibilities.

Create up to 16 different sections for your song and drag and drop them into any order to create your arrangement.

Mixing and mastering tools allow you to finish a full track without ever leaving your phone. You can export your full track, or hit the tape icon and record the live output of the app while you tweak anything on the fly. Both options allow you to capture individual track stems as well!

A performance page lets you trigger your patterns live while controlling a global filter, assignable pitch bends and reverb sends, and a random fill generator.

Artist packs are available in-app at $3.99 or less, which include original sounds and projects from Andrew Huang, Bad Snacks, Rachel K Collier, Cuckoo, Chuck Sutton, Pusher, and more on the way all the time.

Features:

• 9 track sampler
  • 4 effects per track: Delay, Filter, Chorus, Bitcrush
  • Graphic EQ per track
  • Monophonic or up to 16-note polyphonic playback per sample
  • Adjustable pitch, volume, playback direction, sample start and stop points
  • 19 automatable parameters per track
  • Independent lengths for each automation lane
  • Automation can be recorded via knob movements or drawn by hand
  • Drum pad and keyboard input
  • Full piano roll with 10 octaves, note velocity, editing tools
  • Randomization over sample selection for quick inspiration
  • Randomization over note position to create surprising variations
  • Drag-and-drop song arrangement page
  • Global reverb with individual track sends
  • Mixing and mastering tools
  • Powerful performance features for creating instant fills, pitch shifts, reverb sends, and global low or high pass filtering
  • Export full track and stems
  • Live recording of performances
  • Metronome with tap tempo and swing/shuffle
  • Ableton Link integration for easy syncing with other devices over WiFi
  • Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc.
  • Undo and redo

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 10
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Came out early? Sweeeeet

• Would i be right in thinking this is mainly for sample hits rather than loops?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @muzka said:
    Would i be right in thinking this is mainly for sample hits rather than loops?

Woah... yah I don't see evidence of looping... if so... hmm... think I will hold off until confirmation of this.

• Size is is 439MB.

I guess all the sound packs are already included in the download and their 'visibility' is changed when doing the IAP. Just like with Elastic Drums...

The question is how much content do we get without any IAPs?
    (I've not downloaded it yet and will wait for reviews this time around).

And well, can we set any loop-points for the samples?

Cheers!

• I look for a couple of things, but I'm kinda stuck on interoperability.

"Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc."

Looks like no Files support.

No words like "AU", "Audiobus", etc

It's not for me... yet. We'll see.

• I like Andrew but this app seems to be out of my musical ecosystem. Make it AU and I will surely buy it.

• @motmeister said:
    I look for a couple of things, but I'm kinda stuck on interoperability.

I thought I saw him mention somewhere that files is supported

• Welp. So far it crashes with an external interface connected. Crashes when I plug in the interface, and crashes on startup if it's already connected. 100% reproducible.

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@motmeister said:
    I look for a couple of things, but I'm kinda stuck on interoperability.

I thought I saw him mention somewhere that files is supported

Yes, it has files app support.

• @Samu said:
    Size is is 439MB.

216MB on iTunes Canada

• I did not receive the coupon code for the 20% OFF.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Samu said:
    Size is is 439MB.

216MB on iTunes Canada

Exchange rates are rough.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Looks interesting, but no midi 🤔

Are you sure? It does have a piano roll so I should be able to use my sound modules, no?

• @motmeister said:

That is the 'wider' description for iOS/iPadOS Share Sheet which also includes the option to save to Files...
    (I mean 'Share Sheet' says nothing when people look for E-Mail, Airdrop etc.).

Cheers!

• so it’s pretty cool. its a quick little sketch pad for quick sampling. main thing is it’s fun. really hope it goes Au or has ability to use Au effects within it very soon. other than that I think it’s cool

• edited December 2020

If it's going to be AU some day, the thing I'm most interested in seeing is the sample browser. NS2 and BM3 allow you to quickly audition samples and add them to a drum kit. If I could audition samples and build a kit in the standalone, and then use that kit with multi-out in the AU, it would be much faster than building it in NS2 and then re-building it in EG Pulse or Digistix.

So if anyone plans to post video footage, I'd love to see that sample browser interface.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I did not receive the coupon code for the 20% OFF.

I trust it will be a universal code and it will be floating around the forums.

• Didn’t get an email either.
    I saw 9.99 mentioned earlier so 7.99 looks like an intro price with the 20% off, wonder how long this will be for.

@Montreal_Music said:
    I did not receive the coupon code for the 20% OFF.

• i see size as 219 MB.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It is definitely not for sure going to be AU, but IAA is likely

• Words of Oliver (one of the devs)

• Maybe AU. But a very big maybe

• So BeatHawk is still the better bet for now?

• @Samu said:

@motmeister said:

That is the 'wider' description for iOS/iPadOS Share Sheet which also includes the option to save to Files...

Cheers!

OK, there is that. Thanks. But "etc" is pretty vague. From what you're saying, there's a Share option (which includes "Save to Files").

• @Gavinski said:
    It is definitely not for sure going to be AU, but IAA is likely

Okay, is that ‘definitely not, for sure‘ OR ‘definitely, not for sure’?

• @motmeister said:

@Samu said:

@motmeister said:

Cheers!

OK, there is that. Thanks. But "etc" is pretty vague. From what you're saying, there's a Share option (which includes "Save to Files").

There is files support btw I just bought it and you can export stems or masters to files. and you could record live and have that sent to files as well

• @itsaghost said:

There is files support btw I just bought it and you can export stems or masters to files. and you could record live and have that sent to files as well

How much content comes with the app without the IAPs?
    (I'll wait for a while before I get it as I need to clear out some space on my iPad Air 2).

• After using it for 15 minutes I think it's a fantastic standalone groove box. Easy file import song arrangement is simple. Nice effects sections. No need to buy any sample packs at all. Easy to use on iPhone 8.