Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does anyone use the M-audio Air Hub?

Does anyone use the M-audio Air Hub with an iPad?

Is it class compliant? It doesn’t mention whether it is or not on the M-Audio web site?
They only show it being used with a laptop, not an iPad.

Also, does it provide power to the USB devices? I’d like to connect a couple of controller keyboards using the hub feature and again, the website doesn’t mention if the USB ports on the hub are powered. Given that they specify a 3A power input, I would have thought they were, but would like to know for sure :)

Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• Just get a regular powered USB hub. I looked into these because someone else asked if there was any other audio interface that had a built in USB hub besides the relatively expensive Arturia and the discontinued Novation. All the reviews were pretty meh.

TL;DR
    Get a USB hub
    or if you need power for your headphones get a Headphone amp.

• edited December 2020

Hello from Cracow!
    I'm a user of the Air USB hub. I was using the previous USB Hub, but I just burned it out (misplaced power adaptors and didn't mark the cables. As for the interface for live performance, I have no complaints. The previous one I've used as the powered hub. In the meantime, I added a solid powered hub, and now I use the Air, as the bus-powered one. I like very much its big volume knob. Very nice to use on the stage (the question of our Cov-times: when again?!). Works with iPad Pro 11'' with any USB-C hub I have (Kingston Nucleum and some kind of no-name).
    Greetings
    Voytec

• One more thing: I've read a lot of moans, how weak is the head-set amp in AIr Hub (in the various reviews). In my case, I checked it out with different cans. It's just important to get the right combination — low impedance works Okay! M-Audio should put it into description!
    Voytec

• Thanks @VoytecG.
    Do you know if the USB ports are capable of powering a couple of keyboards?
    The manual doesn’t say how much current is needed but I’m guessing it must be around an amp per keyboard.

• @timbo said:
    Thanks @VoytecG.
    Do you know if the USB ports are capable of powering a couple of keyboards?
    The manual doesn’t say how much current is needed but I’m guessing it must be around an amp per keyboard.

No problems with Behringer’s UMX610 and Alesis Q49.

• I love mine. Use it all the time with my iPad Mini 5 and my 10.5" iPad last generation. Works great with pretty much any USB device I throw at it. YMMV.

• Can you use an audio interface by plugging it into one of the hub usb sockets?.
    Since this unit has no inputs, you’d need to plug another interface if wanting to record audio.
    Cheers!.

• I've never tried it with that particular unit, but was surprised to learn that it worked with the Novation AudioHub 2x4 (which specifically stated that that was NOT feasible). At some point I should try it.