Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Otherlands, an audiovisual performance

Hi, thought I'd share a shortened edit of the soundtrack of my audiovisual project, Otherlands. It's a hybrid sci-fi film/installation/video art/performance and originally produced for a residency in Krakow at the 360 Gallery last year. Was great fun and I hope to expand on the project and perform it in other venues, maybe when all the Covid madness subsides. Composed with data from climate change as source material.

If you have more time there's also a longer 15 min version of the soundtrack for streaming/sale on Bandcamp https://nicholascarn.bandcamp.com/track/otherlands-act-i
I'm hoping to get funding to develop it further someday. The visuals for the film/performance are created from various sources including generative particles, 3d camera mapping, compositing, and manipulated NASA footage.

I'll eventually remake a single screen web viewable version of the film but because the visuals were originally made for 4 screens at 16K pixels wide, it just doesn't work for the web at the moment.

I get some nasty compression in the high frequencies when streaming on SC and BC (but better on Bandcamp), particularly noticeable in the first section when on the rhythmic parts, but the original track obviously doesn't have this compression :)

Thanks for listening, hope we'll all have a better year next year!

Comments

• Very cool indeed. Would love to see the visual that goes with this.

• @onerez said:
    Very cool indeed. Would love to see the visual that goes with this.

Thanks! Hopefully will get something online sometime next year :)

• Nice sound textures, bet it was cool with the added visuals!

• @1nsomniak said:
    Nice sound textures, bet it was cool with the added visuals!

Thanks :) Yeah it got a good reaction from the audience and was amazing to be able to work with such a big canvas.