Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Setup latency in Audiobus3

Hi,

I use an Octatrack as main mixer and playing some drum loops with it.
I have an iconnectivity audio4+ as sound card with 2 iPads.
I have a Moog M32 and a Moog DFAM + a Roland TR-8 connected to the ICA4+ inputs.

All work well at 128 buffer size BUT I have some issue with latency when I play drums on iPads.
Here is a screen copy of the Audiobus latency menu.
I found ICA4+ Latency with that buffer size is between 22 ~ 30ms

Someone could explain me how to compensate the latency please to get all in sync.

Comments

• Not exactly clear what’s late against what. Where is OT in the chain? Are you monitoring everything through AB3?

• edited November 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Not exactly clear what’s late against what. Where is OT in the chain? Are you monitoring everything through AB3?

The OT is the master clock. I send the OT clock via my ICA4+ and a Midi solution quadra thru to my Hardware.
    The hardware (M32, DFAM, TR8) goes to the INPUTS in the ICA4+ which is sent to my Octatrack INPUTS.
    So when i play a drums from my IPADS (ex: Drum computer or other drum machines) i notice a latency between my ipad drums and my drum loops from the Octatrack.
    So my question is:
    In AUDIOBUS MIDI sync setting, wich offset destination (negative or positive values) i need to compensate?
    PS: i dont use the ICA4+ mixer at all

• edited November 2020

You must use AB as master for setting the offset to negative values for your delayed ipad drums (meaning it will introduce latency to the other gear for syncing)
    Edit: Also I see you have Link enabled , so try disabling it first