Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Agonizer Ambient Drone

Since I won a copy of the Agonizer app by @jakoB_haQ and Numerical Audio, I wanted to find out if it was possible to create something nice ambient with it. I loaded it into one of my Ambient looping machine setups (made with Gauss, Kosmonaut and various other effects) and just improvised a bit. This is the result. Agonizer works great for Ambient with his wonderful warm sounds.

Comments

• That sounds beautiful.

• @FPC said:
    That sounds beautiful.

Thanks a lot 😊

• Martin, Weltklasse!!! Klingt super!
    Wow this is come serious drone business!! Lovely setup!!!

• Hey Martin - schön mal wieder von Dir zu lesen! :smile:
    I like that drone and it makes me want to get Agonizer...but i have soooo much stuff already ... Stop influencing me :wink:

• I like who just takes something people consider is for A and show how cool it is for B.
    So those who thought it just wubbed, you can always count on Martin to drop beautiful ambient track with agonizer.

awesome, my friend :love:

• Beautiful sounds!!!!!

• Great droning :)

• @david_2017 @MrBlaschke @senhorlampada @onerez @Carnbot

Thanks a lot everyone! Just in case anyone is interested, you can have a look at the AUM project here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wely0qe7sxpne4h/Gauss Machine Agonizer.aumproj?dl=0

To take full advantage of it (switching between the loopers...) you‘ll need a MIDI knob controller (I use a AKAI LPD 8 wireless) with knobs set to CC0 to CC7 (Channel 1). CC2 switches between the two Gauss Loopers and CC 6 switches between the Kosmonaut looper and the Gauß loopers.

• Super mooie!

• I love what you achieved with Agonizer here. I'd never thought of it for the drone before. The one synth type I've never bought is a bass synth. So I've finally got around to exploring what's available, and here's a great option, staring me in the face!

• I also want to ask if anyone can recommend between Agonizer and Magellan 2 as a choice of my first bass synth, specifically for ambient and drone?

I read elsewhere on here that there are drone presets for Magellan 2. But I'm loving the sound of Agonizer in this video so much, I've been left on the fence between the two. Anyone got info to push me off the fence?

• Thanks for the bump up @andowrites - I missed this first time around.

@Martinj what a fantastically epic soundscape you have produced here. So full and mellow and huge! Very nice indeed.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks for the bump up @andowrites - I missed this first time around.

@Martinj what a fantastically epic soundscape you have produced here. So full and mellow and huge! Very nice indeed.

Me too. The sound @Martinj teased out of Agonizer is impressive.

• Who would have thought that a wub-wub bass app would produce such lovely drones:)
    It was also nice to see multiple Gauss/Kosmonaut being used as long loopers in this video. I should spend more time with Gauss - didn't find much good use of its sequencer feature initially and left it behind.

• edited January 2023

Deleted.
    Posted in error

• @bleep said:
    Who would have thought that a wub-wub bass app would produce such lovely drones:)
    It was also nice to see multiple Gauss/Kosmonaut being used as long loopers in this video. I should spend more time with Gauss - didn't find much good use of its sequencer feature initially and left it behind.

Yes, he really put together a great toolset for this recording.

• What a nice surprise that this little piece was waken up. Thanks everyone for listening. The AUM project should still be in my dropbox so I guess the link still works…if anyone wants to have a look or use it.

After playing around with other stuff I rediscovered the ambient frippertronics looping techniques I used on this piece recently but I moved my setup to Ableton on a PC.

• @Martinj said:
    What a nice surprise that this little piece was waken up. Thanks everyone for listening. The AUM project should still be in my dropbox so I guess the link still works…if anyone wants to have a look or use it.

After playing around with other stuff I rediscovered the ambient frippertronics looping techniques I used on this piece recently but I moved my setup to Ableton on a PC.

Hello @Martinj! It was a lovely piece, and has already taught me a lot about what kind of sound sources I can turn to. Thank you. I'm learning Ableton on my Mac right now, but to use alongside my iPad. One step at a time…