Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify Groovebox Questions

So I’ve search the forum and found a mixed bag of folks who love the app and others who are very critical of it, but for reasons that don’t factor into my interest in the app.

I just want to export/record loops into BM3 where I’ll chop and add fx.

1. Do I need the pro upgrade to export loops or is there a way to record into BM3 without the pro upgrade?

2. Ampify claims the pro upgrade is 50% off but it’s showing $6.99 which is more than some users were quoting as full price in past posts. Or was it $14 which I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere as the unlock price? The sound packs definitely seem to be discounted.

I realize it’s only a few bucks, but I bought MDE Stereo and a bunch of other apps that have added up to double my original budget so if I can save a few pesos, I’ll take it.

Comments

• As far as I know you can export with the free version (stems and mix down) and use all the presets but you can not fully edit and save presets.

If you only like or even prefer presets you can buy the IAPs without unlocking the synths and as far as I know only the drum kits include new samples. The other IAPs use the synths with parameter tweaks.

There's currently no way to import user samples into the drum-kits.

From time to time free sounds packs pop-up so if the base app is free then it's a pretty hand sound-source to have at hand.

I had previously unlocked all the synth editing and got the horizon IAP during this sale as it was heavily discounted.
    (It's usually $6-7.99 for Horizon only and on sale it was $2.99 which is in my opinion a more price that makes sense).

If the current Pro Upgrade $6.99 includes all 5 instruments unlocked it's a bargain :)

Cheers!

• Exported loops are not seamless though.

For seamless loops, you either have to get access to the synths so that delays and reverbs can be turned off, or you have to export double the loop time and then cut the first half with an audio editor.

It urgently needs a “wrap tail” option for exporting loops.

• @jolico said:
    Exported loops are not seamless though.

For seamless loops, you either have to get access to the synths so that delays and reverbs can be turned off, or you have to export double the loop time and then cut the first half with an audio editor.

It urgently needs a “wrap tail” option for exporting loops.

That might be a reason to unlock the synths with IAP that is not obvious at first.
    It makes it possible to turn those FX off, and reapply something similar and potentially better in BM3 (or your preferred host/finisher).

• edited November 2020

So far I've not bumped into loops that didn't loop perfectly but maybe I'm just lucky.
    I don't usually export full mixes, just stems.

Then again I seldom use big reverbs or long delay lines when exporting...

• @Samu said:
    So far I've not bumped into loops that didn't loop perfectly but maybe I'm just lucky.

For me it’s not just effects tails. Long release envelope tails also get chopped off and I get noticeable “dry” loop-starts if I don’t do the double length export trick.

• @jolico said:

@Samu said:

For me it’s not just effects tails. Long release envelope tails also get chopped off and I get noticeable “dry” loop-starts if I don’t do the double length export trick.

Gotcha, hopefully @AmpifyxNovation Is observant to these issues...
    ...personally I'd love to have a horisontal mode for the piano-keys on the iPhone making it easier to play chords as more keys would be visible at once...

Don't have a clue of the roadmap of the app but it does feel like it's 'done' for now and in maintenance mode to keep it working. Would love to be proven wrong here though :D

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@jolico said:

@Samu said:

Gotcha, hopefully @AmpifyxNovation Is observant to these issues...
    ...personally I'd love to have a horisontal mode for the piano-keys on the iPhone making it easier to play chords as more keys would be visible at once...

Don't have a clue of the roadmap of the app but it does feel like it's 'done' for now and in maintenance mode to keep it working. Would love to be proven wrong here though :D

Cheers!

They do crank out the soundpacks/presets though.
    😊

• @jolico @samu @CracklePot thanks for all the helpful replies. I applied all the advice and it worked out great. Didn’t unlock because I have no intention of doing sound design with it. I have plenty of synths for that (for when I am competent enough to take a stab at it). I simply want to use it for loops like @echoopera ’s video or like the Henny and Electronisounds video uses Blocs Wave. I took the tip to export an 8 bar loop and chopped it to 4 in BM3, got the exact result I wanted.

I am not discounting that I have a problem when it comes to buying apps and since there’s a few days to get the discounted “unlock” price, I may be convinced to cop it anyway like if I tell myself I don’t want the baked in fx. Don’t take much to convince me I need another hit, just a taste, you know, to take the edge off.