Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The 3 Best Apps You Bought During The Black Friday

Some deals are still on. This is my last chance to grab 1 or 2 apps that I may have missed.

For now, my top 3 of the BF is (in no particular order):

Continua
RhythmBud
Mozaic

What is your top 3?

Comments

• BLEASS Alpha
    Daedelus
    MDE 6144

• tb reelbus
    bleass saturator
    kleverb

• Mammoth
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mammoth-bass-amp/id1517411435

That is all. I already had all the others.

• Shockwave
    Bleass Alpha
    DDMF 6144

• Magic death eye stereo
    egoist

i can confirm 6144 is my fav eq now. sounds great, no massive gui to spend to much time in.
    twist knobs and carve the sound and move on!

• I didn’t buy anything 😟

• Horizon (IAP in Ampify Groovebox).
    DDMF 6144
    BLEASS Filter
    (Had the BLEASS Saturator on Pre-Order).

Apparently some new stuff will drop next week and it's Cyber Monday.
    If Pixelmator Pro goes on sale I'll grab it for my Mac...

• Lumafusion (at last, it was on my wish list since long time).

• edited November 2020

Human Anatomy Atlas 2021.
    Continua would almost come second but then I did it in Drambo as I prefer not to have duplicate AUv3 that make me scroll endlessly 😅

• Well, not all apps but music-related:
    -KORG Gadget 2 (iOS)
    -Arturia Pigments
    -All the Samples from Mars

• AD Grind Distortion - Love me some distortion and for 2 dollars, you can get some really intense tones with it, which I love. Shoutout to randomly automating the wavetable shape.

Turnado - I have Looperator and Effectrix already. They are all fairly similar but I think they also each have their own strengths. I think Looperator is still my favorite of the three, but Turnado is a close second. I was really excited about Effectrix when I got it because I had used and loved Glitch 2 on PC but it doesn’t do glitchy stuff as well as Looperator imo. I haven’t dug too deep into Turnado quite yet but I can see the versatility between using it as a multi effect app and using it like the other two by modulating the dictator slider. (Side note: When I wanted to modulate the dictator slider, I didn’t know if there was a way to do it inside the app, so I FINALLY learned how to use midi CC to modulate between apps in AUM and that was literally a gamechanger for me. I tried figuring it out a few times with no luck. Then I discovered this thing called “Youtube” (sarcasm) and learned how to do it the right way. I don’t know why I didn’t try looking it up before but I REALLY wanted to modulate the dictator slider so I finally learned and I’m very happy I did. It’s great for creating weird and ever-evolving sounds that I’ve been into lately.)

Quanta - I think it’s my favorite granule synth (that you play with a keyboard. I love Borderlands and Spacecraft but I look at them in a separate category from Quanta, Tardigrain and FRMS). It’s really simple and straightforward to design patches in Quanta. It sounds beautiful. And it’s got some great presets that load very quickly. I love FRMS too but the presets take a little longer to load which is kind of a hindrance when you’re trying to fly through presets while working on stuff.

Bonus (because keeping it down to just three is difficult):

Ratshack Reverb - LOVE this app. I was a little put off at first from the minimal controls but tahiche swore by it in another thread so I bought it and wow. It’s impressive. It’s got a beautiful crunch to it and kind of a metallic reverb? Maybe that’s not the right way to describe it but I love it. And it’s only 2 bucks.

AD ChannelStrip - Super clean looking and really easy to use. I’m sure it’s not the best of it’s kind but it’s the first one I got and I really like it for some quick tinkering.

A couple apps I’ve got my eye on still are Alpha Synth, Saturn, Auria Pro, DDMF EQ, DAW Cassette, and Xequence 2 if it happens to go on sale Monday. But all that’s like $100+ dollars so I’m still thinking what I’d use the most. Hmm.

Apologies for the long reply. I’m just really excited for all these new apps, especially the Audio Damage ones, as you can see lol

• Just bought

Velvet machine.

Agonizer.

A black box of knobs ( faderfox PC12 )

After buying and checking synths. Theres only a few synths Id maybe map but might be ok as it will be easier to remember.

I think a bass synth ( with some mods mapped ) Ripplemaker. Phasemaker and maybe fieldscaper but dont really know apps. would be cool ( not sure ) if scene mappings are per part not all unit. So can maybe dedicate a part with variable synths.

Might add either a Launchpad mini or a roli block for samples.

• Maybe then all music will be overall spontaneous but will look into using an IOS daw. Got multitrack DAW and Auria and Cubasis were on a deal but I didnt falter.

• I am having a serious love affair
    with Electric Vintage ATM
    I.ll get back to you ASAP

• Not iPad, but that Samples From Mars deal is just... astonishing! Starting to download the weirdest first... £24 (after using the discount code mentioned above) for an absolutely huge number of multi sampled synths and drum machines, including some real off-piste and rare items. The slightly comparable Arturia collection is around ten times that even in the sales.

And this was after I’d already maxed myself out on the Bud apps, Horizon, Continua... Just couldn’t pass it up.I told myself that as I have Ableton and aim this time next year to get Komplete, and SFM has racks and mappings built in for both, that it is actually an investment...

• Magic Death Eye Stereo
    NYCompressor (love this thing, I’m getting sounds I’ve never done before- sure they are very basic for most!)
    HearEQ

I’m sure some of the fab filter apps will land on this list once I learn how to use them.

• I am still waiting for a deal on Nave. Maybe on Cyber Monday?

• edited November 2020

@Montreal_Music said:
    I am still waiting for a deal on Nave. Maybe on Cyber Monday?

Ha ha, It will never happen :D they forgot that they developed this app

• Drum Computer is #1 on my list

• Audiolayer
    Turnado
    Segments

• I’m still experimenting, so too early to say. Continua is definitely in the top 3, I think.

• These were the only three purchased on Black Friday:

ChordBud2
    RhythmBud
    StepBud

• @Svetlovska said:
    Not iPad, but that Samples From Mars deal is just... astonishing! Starting to download the weirdest first... £24 (after using the discount code mentioned above) for an absolutely huge number of multi sampled synths and drum machines, including some real off-piste and rare items. The slightly comparable Arturia collection is around ten times that even in the sales.

And this was after I’d already maxed myself out on the Bud apps, Horizon, Continua... Just couldn’t pass it up.I told myself that as I have Ableton and aim this time next year to get Komplete, and SFM has racks and mappings built in for both, that it is actually an investment...

I always worry that I would miss the tweakability of synths if I'm just getting the samples. Are these really worth it? I'll admit the price sounds great!

• edited November 2020

Velvet Machine - I waited on this cause I wasn't sure I'd need it. After using it though, I realize I had nothing else quite like it in my arsenal. A very unique and versatile effect.

6144 - I usually just use what I have for EQ, but I took the praise of 6144 to heart. Really liking the results I'm getting using it with DDMF Stereo (which I also just bought and like, but isn't totallylikeomg blowing me away). Gonna pair these two A LOT from now on.

Replicant 2 - I've had the App Store page for Replicant pinned on my browser for months. Instant IDM as far as I'm concerned. Going to use it a lot beside GlitchCore (again also just got), and Drambo's audio buffer.

I've been using Drambo for so much since April, I haven't been buying as many apps. Knowing that Drambo will soon be an AU host though has got be back on the app train, thinking about which apps would kill it in that D environment.

• Also, one thing I'm curious about: has anyone ever bought one of these midi packs that youtube relentlessly keeps trying to sell me? 😂😂😂

• @Gavinski said:
    Also, one thing I'm curious about: has anyone ever bought one of these midi packs that youtube relentlessly keeps trying to sell me? 😂😂😂

Shhhh.. 🤫 Secret sauce.. 🤣

• edited November 2020

@Gavinski : I’m no expert, and don’t yet have Kontakt, but there are deep multi samples across velocities for each ‘patch’ in Ableton, (and Reason, and Rex and even some with Apple Loops) and a lot of them for each pack, and they come pre set up for use - check out the descriptions on the website re how they recorded and arranged them (the Russian synths story is instructive) and see if it sounds like your kind of thing. But any way you slice it (pun intended!) there’s a hell of a lot of samples there for the cash. Including my first synth love, the Wasp!

I’ve been warping the hell out of them using the Convolution reverb and automated LFOs in Ableton, and I think I can make them strange enough with tools like these that it doesn’t really matter that I’m not tweaking actual synth parameters. Your mileage may vary, depending on what you require of them, obviously.

For my sins, I also have the much advertised MIDI chords pack, bought it ages ago, does what it says on the tin. I guess it’s pretty pointless if you are a proper musician, but since I’m not, I’m shameless enough not only to use it, but to use it in conjunction with this:

https://www.orb-composer.com/

I consider both an extension of my usual random boxing gloves chimp approach to composition or, if I wish to salvage some pride, I could put myself in the place of a ‘producer’ with all these AI ‘session players’ merely executing my will :)

• I picked up Brazilian Drum Machine...

• @itsaghost said:

Quanta - I think it’s my favorite granule synth (that you play with a keyboard. I love Borderlands and Spacecraft but I look at them in a separate category from Quanta, Tardigrain and FRMS). It’s really simple and straightforward to design patches in Quanta. It sounds beautiful. And it’s got some great presets that load very quickly. I love FRMS too but the presets take a little longer to load which is kind of a hindrance when you’re trying to fly through presets while working on stuff.

I already have the 3 others classics granular synths on iOS (Borderlands, SpaceCraft, Tardigrain) and I was looking for a reason to buy a 4th one. You just gave me the OK. Thank you!

• I’m not done yet...

🥳