Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 - Can I send MIDI Notes in?

Can’t test this in demo as MIDI is disabled, and hoping to answer this to help decide whether to purchase or not while it’s on BF sale.

Node Keyboard Mode ... can I send a chord from an external MIDI source (e.g. Tonality ChordPad) and have it use those notes, if Mode is set to MIDI? The wording of the manual is a little ambiguous to my mind about whether it uses the pitches of incoming notes or whether the incoming notes are just used for Note On/Off.

This would make it vastly more useful if so, as I often use ChordPad as the note source for a whole AUM live setup.

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• edited November 2020

Yeah man easily. There are 3 note triggering modes: random, sequence, and midi. By selecting the midi option, you can input notes from external controllers. It seems to trigger the selected notes randomly though - I’m not seeing any options for ‘as played’, ascending, descending, etc.

Also, you can then choose to have Poly 2 to output midi as well. So the chain could be Tonality > Poly 2 > Zeeon + Drum Computer, for example.

• @aleyas said:
    Yeah man easily. There are 3 note triggering modes: random, sequence, and midi. By selecting the midi option, you can input notes from external controllers. It seems to trigger the selected notes randomly though - I’m not seeing any options for ‘as played’, ascending, descending, etc.

Also, you can then choose to have Poly 2 to output midi as well. So the chain could be Tonality > Poly 2 > Zeeon + Drum Computer, for example.

Nice one thanks! I'm guessing the whole random play order thing must be down to Poly2's own triggering mechanism as against a standard arpeggiator ... but I'll have a better idea when I can get in there. Cheers!