Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone 13 will be port-less?

edited November 2020 in General App Discussion

Just read this on Macrumours. If this is true then this is not good for music production!

“Apple will use a Lightning port instead of USB-C in the upcoming "iPhone 12," but it will be the last major series of Apple's flagship phones to do so, with models set to combine wireless charging and a port-less Smart Connector system for data transfer and syncing in the iPhone "13 series" next year.”

Comments

• edited November 2020

Yeah was wondering about this situation, but then if the transfer device is some kind of magnetic thing which you can attach external devices to maybe not all is lost....but I'm probably being too optimistic.

• They should also discontinue GarageBand for iOS and be done with it once and for all :neutral:

• I'd be sad if GarageBand was be gone as it's is one of the very few actually usable apps on the iPhone...
    The UI is 'just right' not too small not too big. Cubasis, NS2, iMPC Pro 2 etc. are a pita to use an an iPhone 8 while GarageBand just works...

• GB is my second most used app on iOS. How would GB users use the devices conveniently when iPad becomes portless?

Apparently, the two departments (hardware design and GB teams) at Apple are not communicating with each other to understand the importance of ports and hardships musicians are facing with silly removal of ports.

• It’s a typo.

It should have read ‘pointless’.

• @MobileMusic said:
    GB is my second most used app on iOS. How would GB users use the devices conveniently when iPad becomes portless?

Apparently, the two departments (hardware design and GB teams) at Apple are not communicating with each other to understand the importance of ports and hardships musicians are facing with silly removal of ports.

At some point, probably in the next couple of years, the iPhone will become portless. On the other hand, I expect that the iPad will move to USB-4 and hopefully add an additional port. They'll be able to lift this directly from the support they have for it in the M1 Macs. Thunderbolt on the iPad would make it a much more useful device for audio.

• Not a great outlook for phone users then. Hundreds of hours and £’s in apps and then....
    Oh well, thanks Apple 👏🏻

• edited November 2020

It does not say iPhone 13 will be port-less. It’s says “ONE MODEL MAY BE”. Big difference. No point in getting your panties in a bunch folks.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-13/

• @anickt said:
    It does not say iPhone 13 will be port-less. It’s says “ONE MODEL MAY BE”. Big difference. No point in getting your panties in a bunch folks.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-13/

This makes more sense. Especially as a company of this size. Easy to expand the models and do some market research to see if people like the pointless option or not.

• iPhone 14 will be phone-less. You will just get the port.

• iPhone 20 will be implant based and require install surgery to put all the sensors in place...
    ...or we might get even get an iShake to drink filled with iNanoBotNutrients that will do the installation work :D

• @Samu I bet latency will be great though!

• There will be a lightening connector that attaches via MagSafe somehow is my guess.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Samu said:
    iPhone 20 will be implant based and require install surgery to put all the sensors in place...
    ...or we might get even get an iShake to drink filled with iNanoBotNutrients that will do the installation work :D

That's the good news. The bad news is the surgery will also require removing of all body I/O ports as well. :|

• @Tarekith said:
    There will be a lightening connector that attaches via MagSafe somehow is my guess.

See my earlier post a couple upthread. The article does not say iPhone 13 will be port-less.

• Is that iShake made with iCeCream?

• @anickt said:

@Tarekith said:
    There will be a lightening connector that attaches via MagSafe somehow is my guess.

See my earlier post a couple upthread. The article does not say iPhone 13 will be port-less.

I wasn't talking about the iPhone 13 either, it'll most likely happen on the iPhone 16S.

• @wim said:

@Samu said:
    iPhone 20 will be implant based and require install surgery to put all the sensors in place...

That's the good news. The bad news is the surgery will also require removing of all body I/O ports as well. :|

I had my large intestine removed 25 years ago so I guess I’m ahead of the game for that phone.

• i-eye captain cook ' said the android briefed on the phone via holographic transmission, by the man himself.

• A portless device is a pretty absurd idea. How do you charge it on the go?

• With an inductive power-brick. B)

• @Samu said:

iPhone 21 requires you to shove it up your butt to use it.
    😆

• @DukeWonder said:
    A portless device is a pretty absurd idea. How do you charge it on the go?

That would be part of the point of the addition of the "MagSafe" connector. But, the main thing would be that you don't charge your watch when you are on the go. I imagine that they are looking toward the point when they can get 24 hours on a single charge for the phone.

Personally, when they get the watch to be completely standalone and I can get all of my calls and texts on the watch, I'll replace my phone instantly.

• Looks like he’s still there 😂