Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hainbach Challenge/comp: An Experiment with a single loop

edited November 2020 in Creations

So Hainbach is giving away some copies of his lovely Wires Lo-Fi VST tape sim. The challenge: to make some music using a loop he recorded of an ancient analog computer, the full story and comp details here:

I set myself the further limit of only using layers of the sample loop itself, massively effected and timestretched, but not otherwise assisted by any other instrument.

All sounds on the result are therefore directly from the loop itself, stretched and speeded up in AudioStretch, cut up in AudioShare, and effected using a variety of reverbs, all on IPad, then arranged in Ableton, where I principally used its’ ability to draw automation envelopes to mix the fader levels of the different ‘speeds’ of the loop, since AUM sadly lacks this functionality.

I was particularly impressed and surprised to discover the pitched sound which emerged to become the ‘tune’, and the pareidolia effect of a female choir sound which seemed to surface. Enjoy!:

Comments

• Really cool and hypnotic.
    I like that brutal bit in the last 5 seconds or so.
    That brought me back out of my trance.
    😊

• I like the way these bell / siren sounds emerge out of the pink noise of the cloudy intro. Then the industrial metallic sounds segueing into the bitcrushed finale, great stuff! Super atmospheric track this, really enjoyed it.

• Very nice, proper trance like and I’m glad it wasn’t as brutal as I was bracing for at the end :)

• edited November 2020

@CracklePot @Gavinski @Krupa : thanks all for the listens, and comments. :) And Krupa: I clearly must be going soft in my old age. I’ll try to be more brutal next time... Or at least gloomier. After all, I have my reputation to think of you know! And if ‘Dark Ambient’ means anything other than listening to reverb tails for months on end, it surely must mean ‘dark’ if not indeed, um... ‘ambient.’ ...

• Lovely!!!!! I was lost there in it........ sad it ended.

• Always the best @Svetlovska. So inspiring

• @onerez , @Charlesalbert : thanks both for those kind words, and the listens. Glad you liked it :)