Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 Sale

Hey guys,

The Pro Mode IAP is 50% off in Poly for this weekend. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Cheers,

James

Comments

• If you have even a passing interest poly meters or IDM music, don’t pass on this app. One of the coolest percussive-melodic generators on IOS.

• Good number of videos out there demonstrating the capabilities of the app made it an easy purchase decision. Thanks for making it available on sale and looking forward to playing more.

• Poly 2 is great.

• @JSMilton Thanks for this super cool app + weekend sale.. 👍 Time to dig in..

• Thanks didn’t catch this one...

• Top 5 all time app for me.

• @aleyas Cool! Thanks for the inspiration to get into Poly 2.. it looks deep.. and fun!

• @royor said:
    @aleyas Cool! Thanks for the inspiration to get into Poly 2.. it looks deep.. and fun!

So fun! Insanely quick to put down basic beats too. Unlike a typical xox or linear sequencers, you can get a 4 on the floor with a single node, and a snare on every other beat with just one more single node. Those nodes have probability and cycle functions also which can make a pattern go really far. You'll love it man!

• Thanks! Just bought the IAP

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Thanks! Just bought the IAP

Me too. Can't wait to jump in.

• I have the original that still works fine and bought the IAPs for that one,

I tried Poly 2 last night and find it very similar overall with a few obvious improvements.

What are the biggest new features from the original (other than (AU) that makes this one significantly better?

• @aleyas said:
    Top 5 all time app for me.

That's excellent. It sounds like Burial's Untrue album.

• edited November 2020

@skiphunt said:
    I have the original that still works fine and bought the IAPs for that one,

I tried Poly 2 last night and find it very similar overall with a few obvious improvements.

What are the biggest new features from the original (other than (AU) that makes this one significantly better?

Hmm, I haven't used v1 for such a long time. I think some of the midi / note sequencing options may be new, or at least improved. The AU does have multi-out which is really handy for applying FX + EQ of individual tracks.
    Maybe @JSMilton could comment about the differences between Poly and Poly 2?

@FPC Whoa you're right, I didn't notice that. It does kind of have that of off kilter shuffle to it. Poly has a great triplet mode to easily change the feel of a beat. iDensity is also delaying and slightly pitching up the audio, I think the delay offset is giving it a bit of that swing.

• @aleyas said:

@skiphunt said:
    I have the original that still works fine and bought the IAPs for that one,

Hmm, I haven't used v1 for such a long time. I think some of the midi / note sequencing options may be new, or at least improved. The AU does have multi-out which is really handy for applying FX + EQ of individual tracks.
    Maybe @JSMilton could comment about the differences between Poly and Poly 2?

@FPC Whoa you're right, I didn't notice that. It does kind of have that of off kilter shuffle to it. Poly has a great triplet mode to easily change the feel of a beat. iDensity is also delaying and slightly pitching up the audio, I think the delay offset is giving it a bit of that swing.

Went ahead and picked it up. There's enough new goodness beyond the original. I like that it has multi-out and some of the randomization stuff looks new. All and all... seems definitely worth the upgrade from the original. And enough cool new stuff to justify a whole new app. Looking forward to playing with it. thx :)