Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux Beta

Comments

• @Aud_iOS said:
    Release notes etc are here https://zerodebug.com/#/beta.

Leviathan wakes.

• Here's some more info to request access to test: https://community.zerodebug.com/t/studiomux-5-beta/1820

• I see that Modstep 2 beta is next :smile:

• Routing is pretty dang cool between devices. I've only been able to get the VST2-FX plugin to work - I think they are still working to get the generators/VST3/AU plugs up and running.

• Also nice is they've exposed some parameters - so you could actually change devices and routes up via MIDI.

• @RajahP said:
    No PC...

“ Windows server in progress.” sounds like good news though.

• edited November 2020

So far to send audio from one iPad to the next I've set up 2 Audio tracks in Live. Track-1 I load up the Studiomux FX - receiving audio from Channel 1 of my iPad Air - but I couldn't get that audio to a 2nd iPad without setting up a 2nd track in Live, receiving audio from the 1st Live track, and then sending it via the Studiomux FX plug to my 10.5 Pro.

• @AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:
    No PC...

“ Windows server in progress.” sounds like good news though.

Sure does.. I truly miss it on my desktop..

• Yes! Ive been missing this in my workflow.

• This looks like a complete rewrite... please let‘s honor that. I‘m looking forward to pay for the new version.

• Is this supposed to work with the studiomux currently available on the AppStore?
    https://apps.apple.com/vn/app/studiomux/id966554837

• @aleyas said:
    Is this supposed to work with the studiomux currently available on the AppStore?

No. The beta server only works with the beta ios app ( available with a Test Flight invite).

• @Vaultnaemsae said:

@aleyas said:
    Is this supposed to work with the studiomux currently available on the AppStore?

No. The beta server only works with the beta ios app ( available with a Test Flight invite).

Ahh okay that makes more sense. Thanks.
    I’ll give the dev an email later.

• Latest update notes:

• @Aud_iOS said:
    Latest update notes:

Thanks... Win 10.

• edited November 2020

Oh fusnapple! Its all up in the wuzindoes!

• Good luck
    Really hope they nail it this time
    Spent too much time on the old version, tying to get it to connect, using a certain version of iTunes etc
    Works sometimes great then not the next day
    With poor instructions and hardly any videos
    Got most tips from users , not the people that should of been really promoting it
    But good luck
    Gonna skip the beta and hope for a solid end product

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Good luck
    Really hope they nail it this time
    Spent too much time on the old version, tying to get it to connect, using a certain version of iTunes etc
    Works sometimes great then not the next day
    With poor instructions and hardly any videos
    Got most tips from users , not the people that should of been really promoting it
    But good luck
    Gonna skip the beta and hope for a solid end product

Yah I hope the dust has settled on a lot of the under the hood tech (Ios/windows etc) to make this work now.

• It's all quite different and the server bears a similarity to the Touchable server. It's barely functional at this stage -- far from cooked yet -- though it looks very promising.

• Cool! I finally got studiomux working recently when I tried it, but am not a good beta tester so I’ll look forward to a newer version as well. If it’s a paid update, no problem.

• Any news about this ? Really intrigued about buying Studiomux now

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    Any news about this ? Really intrigued about buying Studiomux now

still not working on iOS 14 :(

• @branis said:

@raimundoarriagada said:

I have iOS 13 and Windows 10. Any Studiomux experience with that setup ?

• @raimundoarriagada said:

@branis said:

@raimundoarriagada said:

In my experience that combo worked fine. I was able to send synths to individual Studio One mixer channels. IIRC using iOS effects as sends was also possible.

• @branis said:

@raimundoarriagada said:

There are some reports on the beta forum that the old Studiomux is working again on iOS 14.4 on some devices, even though Zerodebug say it shouldn't... Not apparently for Audio Units, but personally I used it via Audiobus/AUM anyway with all my AUv3s hosted there. Perhaps worth a try if you have it already?

I will try it myself at some point, I've kept one iPad on iOS 13 specifically for Studiomux, I have the new beta on another iOS 14 device (and a separate OSX mac installation to test it with), but I've not tried the latest version yet.

You can't unfortunately have the old Studiomux and the new v5 beta on the same device (as I have just optimistically tried).

• @branis said:

@raimundoarriagada said:

@branis said:

@raimundoarriagada said:

In my experience that combo worked fine. I was able to send synths to individual Studio One mixer channels. IIRC using iOS effects as sends was also possible.

Any latency issues with that setup ? i'm getting hype !

• edited March 2021

@steve99 said:

@branis said:

@raimundoarriagada said:

There are some reports on the beta forum that the old Studiomux is working again on iOS 14.4 on some devices, even though Zerodebug say it shouldn't... Not apparently for Audio Units, but personally I used it via Audiobus/AUM anyway with all my AUv3s hosted there. Perhaps worth a try if you have it already?

I will try it myself at some point, I've kept one iPad on iOS 13 specifically for Studiomux, I have the new beta on another iOS 14 device (and a separate OSX mac installation to test it with), but I've not tried the latest version yet.

You can't unfortunately have the old Studiomux and the new v5 beta on the same device (as I have just optimistically tried).

EDIT: To confirm, I have the old Studiomux working on iOS 14.4, iPad Pro 4th Gen, send and return to Samplr hosted in Audiobus. However, I've not tried to connect to my computer yet, but as I remember before it was impossible to even open the App (?). Will update further.

EDIT EDIT: I did get Studiomux 4 to work-ish with iOS 14.4, but not very well. I could run the Studiomux app and server and I could send audio to Ableton Live 10 on a High Sierra mac, but it was all a bit flakey and I couldn't switch Studiomux sources in the plugin. So I'm giving up, back to hoping the new version will work well at some point soon.