Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM AUv3 Issues

Anyone else having issues with AU instruments in AUM? Specifically in regards to knobs and sliders? I’m having issues with Gauss and Bass 808 on my iPhone 11 on iOS 14.2. Certain buttons or knobs won’t move and, instead, I’m moving a knob that’s on the other side of the screen. It’s making it pretty difficult to use AUM.

Comments

• Yes. Have posted in other threads about this also. Pretty unusable at the moment. Constantly spinning your device helps 😂.
    Have emailed dev.
    Guessing he’s been busy with efx updates...

• Same.
    Turning to portrait view and then to landscape view fixes it, but I haven’t figured out what breaks it.

• Ios14? AUM? Both?....

• AUM in iOS 14.2

• 🤷🏼‍♂️ Both strong dislikes of mine

• @jolico said:
    Same.
    Turning to portrait view and then to landscape view fixes it, but I haven’t figured out what breaks it.

That worked at first but now it’s all broken. It’s all bad. I’m sad lol

• @j_liljedahl any idea what might be causing this?

• Probably a glitch in the [view] Matrix! ;) (not kidding!)

• @SevenSystems said:
    Probably a glitch in the [view] Matrix! ;) (not kidding!)

“It means they changed something.”

• iOS was not designed to do Windows?! :D

• edited November 2020

@brambos @analog_matt any ideas here?

• I don't think anyone has mentioned whether the problem exists in other hosts such as Ape Matrix? That would narrow it down somewhat.

• Is AB a host (sorry for poor knowledge!)? All ok there. Don’t think I have anything else that might qualify.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Zerozerozero said:
    Is AB a host (sorry for poor knowledge!)? All ok there. Don’t think I have anything else that might qualify.

Yes, but it handles window sizing a bit differently. It would be good to test though.

I can't as I'm holding at 13.7 for now.

• Been using lots and not had any issues with it...

• @DukeWonder said:
    Anyone else having issues with AU instruments in AUM? Specifically in regards to knobs and sliders? I’m having issues with Gauss and Bass 808 on my iPhone 11 on iOS 14.2. Certain buttons or knobs won’t move and, instead, I’m moving a knob that’s on the other side of the screen. It’s making it pretty difficult to use AUM.

thats happing to me too with gauss

• @Zerozerozero said:
    Been using lots and not had any issues with it...

Can you be a little more specific? Using in what host(s)? What device? What iOS version? And do you often change from landscape to portrait?

• @wim said:

@Zerozerozero said:
    Is AB a host (sorry for poor knowledge!)? All ok there. Don’t think I have anything else that might qualify.

Yes, but it handles window sizing a bit differently. It would be good to test though.

I can't as I'm holding at 13.7 for now.

Bass 808 and Gauss are fine in AudioBus.

• Also, are many ppl getting the weird AUM glitch where u sometimes open a session and instead of app icons you just have red x symbols and the only way to solve is a reboot?

• @wim said:

@Zerozerozero said:
    Been using lots and not had any issues with it...

Can you be a little more specific? Using in what host(s)? What device? What iOS version? And do you often change from landscape to portrait?

Sorry, yes: iPhone 8+, iOS 14.2
    Thought it was only certain apps in AUM behaving this way but if you mess around for long enough they all exhibit unresponsive/strange behaviour in AUM windows.
    Spinning device/closing and opening window/resizing sometimes works. Sometimes not. When closing window it sometimes reappears but mostly off screen.
    Checked as many apps as I could, opening in AudioBus and stand-alone and found no issues.
    🤔

• That’s good info.

• edited November 2020

There’s also the annoying presets menu that stays open after minimizing the plugin window (by double tapping on an empty space)

The only way to get rid of it is to turn the device to the side.

• @Gavinski said:
    Also, are many ppl getting the weird AUM glitch where u sometimes open a session and instead of app icons you just have red x symbols and the only way to solve is a reboot?

Cripes, I’ve not had this yet

• iOS 13.7. iPad Pro 2018 11inch 256g
    Haven’t noticed any of these problems
    Running sweet like usual
    iPhone 11 iOS 14.2 must admit having a few problems mentioned above

• 🤔 Phone only issue? Is that possible?

• @Krupa said:

@Gavinski said:
    Also, are many ppl getting the weird AUM glitch where u sometimes open a session and instead of app icons you just have red x symbols and the only way to solve is a reboot?

Lucky you, I've had this maybe 5 times in the past few weeks. IOS 13.7, 3rd gen Pro

• @Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:

@Gavinski said:

Lucky you, I've had this maybe 5 times in the past few weeks. IOS 13.7, 3rd gen Pro

Nightmare man

• Dev has been in touch. Solution is to only open windows in portrait and then turn to landscape. If you open in portrait then problems occur. Only done quick test but seems to work.

• Sorry, meant if you open in landscape then problems occur

• On 14.1 I'm having none of these problems, seems like it's only happening on 14.2... Very happy I stopped that update... ;)