Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which of the FabFilter apps are absolutely must-have?

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 if you ever want to get the bigger bundle don’t go for the q2 -> q3 upgrade.

• Hopefully coming to iOS.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Hopefully coming to iOS.

It’s coming out tomorrow Feb 7th according to several different music news outlets. One of the reasons I love Auria Pro so much is it comes with Twin 2 included. Hopefully Twin 3 is an AUv3 purchase, because if Auria Pro hasn’t seen a significant update in years I doubt they’ll update the free included synth…

• @JRSIV said:
    Hopefully Twin 3 is an AUv3 purchase, because if Auria Pro hasn’t seen a significant update in years I doubt they’ll update the free included synth…

It would be a total nonsens to release Twin 3 only in Auria Pro... so if it drops on iPadOS, it will definitely be an AUv3.

• @Gratouilli said:

@JRSIV said:
    Hopefully Twin 3 is an AUv3 purchase, because if Auria Pro hasn’t seen a significant update in years I doubt they’ll update the free included synth…

It would be a total nonsens to release Twin 3 only in Auria Pro... so if it drops on iPadOS, it will definitely be an AUv3.

I know brother, I was being facetious as Wave Machine Labs hasn’t substantially updated Auria Pro for years and whenever there was a new FabFilter update they’d ghost those too.

• @JRSIV said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Hopefully coming to iOS.

It’s coming out tomorrow Feb 7th according to several different music news outlets. One of the reasons I love Auria Pro so much is it comes with Twin 2 included. Hopefully Twin 3 is an AUv3 purchase, because if Auria Pro hasn’t seen a significant update in years I doubt they’ll update the free included synth…

Looks like desktop only for now.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@JRSIV said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Hopefully coming to iOS.

Looks like desktop only for now.

FF have already said though that it will be released for iOS shortly after being released for desktop, see here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/54212/fabfilter-twin-3#latest

• Since fabfilter are on discount again, can someone give updated recommendations for 'must-have' list

• @Johanso said:
    Since fabfilter are on discount again, can someone give updated recommendations for 'must-have' list

IMO, none of them are a must-have. I have been using Toneboosters with no issues as replacements for the majority of FF plugins.

• It depends on your goals, budget etc.

I use Saturn 2 a lot, Timeless 3 often, and Volcano 3 sometimes.

• Oh, they have a 25% sale !

• @Johanso said:
    Since fabfilter are on discount again, can someone give updated recommendations for 'must-have' list

Only you can make your own must have list, first buy them all! 😎

• @Luxthor said:

@Johanso said:

Making music doesn't pay my bills, bruh, neither 25% dc helps to buy them all lol

• Define essential! It really depends on your needs / skills / what you already have!

• Saturn 2 with the right audio interface can turn your iPad into a decent emulation of an Analog Heat, which for me is worth the price of entry.

• @Johanso said:

@Luxthor said:

@Johanso said:

Making music doesn't pay my bills, bruh, neither 25% dc helps to buy them all lol

So, roll the dice for most attractive ones, whatever app you take certainly is one of the best in its class. You can always blame the dice if something goes wrong. ;) Or just take your last project and fill the gaps.

• @suboptimal said:
    Saturn 2 with the right audio interface can turn your iPad into a decent emulation of an Analog Heat, which for me is worth the price of entry.

That is a serious, serious undersell of Saturn. It is way more useful than Analog Heat.

• If I was forced to choose one of their plug-ins, I’d probably go for the Pro-Q 3. But really, I’m quite happy with Toneboosters’ EQ plug-in.

• tjatja
    edited June 2023

For me, Pro-L2 - if one to be chosen

• @Johanso said:

@Luxthor said:

@Johanso said:

Do you use a Daw and whichever Daw ? Usually stock plug ins in good iOS Daw are ok if you are a beginner. If you want absolutely to mix like a more advances user or your daw haven’t food Fx for mixing like GarageBand you need a good EQ first, a Limiter and a Compressor.

if you are a semi professional on a budget you can have very good ones at raisonnable price with tone Booster like TB Barricade app that provide you a very good li inter and compressor fort far less monney than to buy FF.

If you are a bit audio amateur snobbish with a lot of money or a professional producer you can FF bundle for mixing and add some DMF EQ and compressor for the mastering.

Honestly if you rent Logic Pro and are not a trained sound engineer you got all pro EQ. Limiter , Compressors that you can dream for 5 usd a month .

If you go to other daw like GB, Cubasis …. Tonebooster is the way for you.

If your have worked in a big recording studio and want the same feel and have good budget to spend on FF and DMF pricey products.

I am not here to push people to buy a Ferrari when they can be happy with a decent BMW . You will enjoy the Ferrari only if you know how to drive a sport car.

FF have also creative apps like vulvano etc…. and even a good synth twin 3 but if it is for mixing mastering tonebooster is nearly as good than FF.

Hope it will help some people on a budget not buy what they don’t need and pay their bills rather than fuel their GAS.

• @tja said:

I got that one in the bundle but have no clue how it works or what to do with it. I put it on a channel and tried the presets but could not hear what it was doing.

• tjatja
    edited June 2023

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@tja said:

I got that one in the bundle but have no clue how it works or what to do with it. I put it on a channel and tried the presets but could not hear what it was doing.

This is a stance to Apps that will not get you far.
    Also, did you use a headset?

How about watching some FabFilter and Dan Worral videos about mastering and Limiters?

After that, read the manual:

https://www.fabfilter.com/downloads/pdf/help/ffprol2-manual.pdf

THEN, use it and learn it, try it - and after that come up with open questions in the forum!

• @tja said:

@tja said:

How about watching some FabFilter and Dan Worral videos about mastering and Limiters?

THEN, use it and learn it, try it - and after that come up with open questions in the forum!

I learn most apps by wiggling knobs and listening to see what happens. 90% of the time that works well for me, but not with this one. I will need to study. Many thanks for the links!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@tja said:

@tja said:

I learn most apps by wiggling knobs and listening to see what happens. 90% of the time that works well for me, but not with this one. I will need to study. Many thanks for the links!

This is a Limiter.
    You need to at least understand what a Limiter is used for and how, depending on your goals.

Most of the time, you don't want to hear it's effect 😅
    So your usual way of handling this, will not bring much.

• edited June 2023

@tja said:

It is a Limiter , a transparent limiter as called by expert in audio so it do the job but hidden so you can ignore is here working 😂 . Clean limiter should be a definition ? . Very useful for some mixing I got it and I know it will do the job. It is it’s quality that you can’t hear what he do in some way.

For some kind of music like Metal or Deep house do you need a limiter ? Not always

• @tja said:

@tja said:

When I learned Pro-MB, I did this as a reminder and for better understanding. Maybe it will be of some help here.

• @Luxthor You often use a Compressor for an effect, something that can be heared.

But a Limiter shall just make sure that nothing clips, that you can reduce to the require bitdepth and have the fitting Dithering be added - yes, there are lots of more options, esp. in Pro-L2, but basically you should not hear the effects of a Limiter.

Therefor, I think that the above information may irritate @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr instead of helping - he really should first watch some videos about mastering and limiting.

• eq and delay are my favorites

• Also, don't forget that aum has built in EQs, limiters etc. Most users never use these and many aren't aware of them. For most aum users, the built in limiter might be enough

• All 🙏🏻