Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer Import Problems and Workarounds?

I just realized that now that I am running iOS 13.7 (updated a few weeks before iOS 14 came out) that tapping on an sfz file no longer launches AudioLayer AND AudioLayer doesn't show up as an Open With option in the share sheet.

Did anyone ever find a workaround for this?

Also, I noticed that even though I have iCloud Storage turned off in AudioLayer that the Import Samples option brings up a file browser that only shows the iCloud folder.

Anyone know of a way to get the files imported when using local storage under iOS 13?

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    I just realized that now that I am running iOS 13.7 (updated a few weeks before iOS 14 came out) that tapping on an sfz file no longer launches AudioLayer AND AudioLayer doesn't show up as an Open With option in the share sheet.

Did anyone ever find a workaround for this?

Also, I noticed that even though I have iCloud Storage turned off in AudioLayer that the Import Samples option brings up a file browser that only shows the iCloud folder.

Anyone know of a way to get the files imported when using local storage under iOS 13?

Rebooting the iPad fixed the file browser issue. I was able to see the On my Ipad files, but the sfz import still not working.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Rebooting the iPad fixed the file browser issue. I was able to see the On my Ipad files, but the sfz import still not working.

I think some apps register for the SFZ file type. I think I uninstalled/deleted AudioLayer and re-installed it to get the SFZ association back. I'd imagine there's a workaround to tap the file in the application "sample selection" UI but I'd have to test it.

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

I think some apps register for the SFZ file type. I think I uninstalled/deleted AudioLayer and re-installed it to get the SFZ association back. I'd imagine there's a workaround to tap the file in the application "sample selection" UI but I'd have to test it.

The sample selection u.i. doesn't allow for sfz files to be selected as far as I can tell. You can import the samples but not the sfz. So, if one has an sfz that does anything that the autofile mapping does, you are out of luck as far as I can tell.

• Mine offers "VLC" when I tap on an SFZ but the "Share" option allows me to direct the action to "AudioLayer". 2 SFZ attempts failed to produce instruments with samples loaded probably due to file location naming in the SFZ file... It's a pain. I just gave up on expecting SFZ'es to lead to happiness.

I wish we could just share valid AL instruments so the work to make one would contribute to combating Global Warming.

• @McD said:
    Mine offers "VLC" when I tap on an SFZ but the "Share" option allows me to direct the action to "AudioLayer". 2 SFZ attempts failed to produce instruments with samples loaded probably due to file location naming in the SFZ file... It's a pain. I just gave up on expecting SFZ'es to lead to happiness.

I wish we could just share valid AL instruments so the work to make one would contribute to combating Global Warming.

You can share valid AL instruments.

• I’m speaking more generally but I’ve had many occasions where different apps didn’t show up as an export option. You can either save to Files, or AudioShare, or Dropbox and go from there Or save to files and use the import function from inside the app.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I’m speaking more generally but I’ve had many occasions where different apps didn’t show up as an export option. You can either save to Files, or AudioShare, or Dropbox and go from there Or save to files and use the import function from inside the app.

Thanks, but in this case AudioLayer doesn't seem to have an option to import sfz files from within the app. The other options you mention don't really apply here. This is a problem that others have noted.

• @espiegel123 said:

Can you point to any good ones that are free?

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

Can you point to any good ones that are free?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you were wishing that AudioLayer could share instruments in AudioLayer format. I don't know of anyone that has shared public domain instruments in AudioLayer format.

Are you having problems importing files with the current version?