Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday Sales

2»

Comments

• If Cubasis would have reliably rendered my expensive instrument like iSymphonic (which still doesn't render in Cubasis 3) I would never have jumped into StaffPad. But now that I have I really want more sounds BUT the default library in the product is amazing so $80 is all you need to get started making amazing film music with a lot of control. Assuming you can write out the parts.

The MIDI and Music XML import is a buggy mess. It crashes more often than not. A new update promised better behavior but I can still break it with some really basic MIDI imports from Piano Motifs. Sad.

But I'm going to set some goals to write some number of bars per day and get music out of this investment and really master the pencil input.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2020

Don't miss the 50% of LK IAP's. You only need Matrix for $4 but Chorder ($2) is very exciting to me. You'll know if you want the others at $2 each: Keyboard, PADs, MIDI Controller for CC's, X/Y Pad.

But $4 for Matrix... it's tough to get started because it takes a two handed gesture to add tracks. 2 HANDS on a phone app? It is also a phone app right?

• You can double-tap the arrow/shift button to toggle it.

• Has anyone tried Replicant 2 by AD in AUM on iOS 14.2? It’s never been updated since it’s release 3 years ago so I’m wondering if it is still going strong before I buy... thanks.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Has anyone tried Replicant 2 by AD in AUM on iOS 14.2? It’s never been updated since it’s release 3 years ago so I’m wondering if it is still going strong before I buy... thanks.

Seems to be working as designed for me with current IOS... It's doing all kinds of magical
    replications at a rapid rate and creating backbeats and other magical artifacts.

• @McD said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Has anyone tried Replicant 2 by AD in AUM on iOS 14.2? It’s never been updated since it’s release 3 years ago so I’m wondering if it is still going strong before I buy... thanks.

Seems to be working as designed for me with current IOS... It's doing all kinds of magical
    replications at a rapid rate and creating backbeats and other magical artifacts.

Awesome. I was just a litt Concerned because people have said in reviews it was crashIng on iOS 13, and it hasn’t been updated so I was leery of purchase, I’m buying now. Thanks.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@McD said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Awesome. I was just a litt Concerned because people have said in reviews it was crashIng on iOS 13, and it hasn’t been updated so I was leery of purchase, I’m buying now. Thanks.

Audio of the left channel gets muted for all of AUM in iPhone 6S iOS 14.2

AUM needs to be restarted to get the left channel back again.

Deleted Replicant 2.

• @jolico said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@McD said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Deleted Replicant 2.

Seriously! Dang it. I’ve never ever asked for a refund but if it’s unusable like that I might have to. Why no updates in 3years I’m gonna try to reach out to AD and see....

I just used it and really liked it but was only using native iPad speakers at the time

• edited November 2020

@jolico I’m pretty sure I still have l&r. Will Jax stereo show this, or Spectrogram? Or?

• McDMcD
    edited November 2020

@jolico said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@McD said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Deleted Replicant 2.

Just for the record... here's a screen shot of it working on my iPad with both channels active in the VU meter at the top of AUM. n my iPhone too:

On my iPhone too:

• Which app is this, @McD?

• Roli Noise.

• OPL & Obxd are on sale for $2.99 each, usually $5.99 each. also the bundle is still live so if you have some of Jorge’s apps already you might get the rest free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/discodsp-auv3-bundle/id1535432366

• Yea I thought both my l & r channels were still working, thanks for the feedback @McD @SNystrom but I wanted to confirm it. Cheers!

• edited November 2020

Worth mentioning ROLI's Black Friday week desktop offer here, which runs till Thursday 3 December. The new Equator 2 is still a third off, but for new purchases there's a better deal available if you take advantage of the 50% off ROLI Studio, which includes engines and patches for Equator 1, Cypher 2, Strobe 2, and ROLI Drums, and then entitles you to the upgrade price for Equator 2. This works out at £40 for Studio + £80 for Equator 2, rather than £159 for a first-time purchase of Equator 2 on its own under the current offer – and you end up with three additional synth player engines & preset collections, plus upgrade paths to the full versions of Cypher and Strobe if desired (both also currently half price, so your £40 outlay for ROLI Studio would also save another £72 on the BF upgrade price for both and £144 in total on the post-deal first-time purchase of both).