Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: My new book, Be The Artist You Want To Be, on Kindle

13»

Comments

• @ervin said:
    I went to buy it when you mentioned it the other day, but it's also available on Kindle unlimited, so even better. Started reading it already.

BTW, I also use Kobo (and avoid amazon) whenever I can and so that's where I tried first, but I didn't find it - now I know why. No worries, however: Calibre is your friend. So Kobo it is after all.

Here's hoping that the EU will tackle this ebook situation at some point: it is stupid and unjustifiable that you cannot officially convert an ebook that you purchased into any format you prefer reading it in.

That's always the problem with digital platforms, but do let me know how you get on with the book once you've finished it :)

• Just bought, looking forward to this. Have been struggling with this for over a year and I'm just sick of it. It's super impressive you are able to get so much done with so much going on (I've two young kids too, back to partial commuting now etc etc) so I'm looking forward to learning your secrets :)

• @icsleepers said:
    Just bought, looking forward to this. Have been struggling with this for over a year and I'm just sick of it. It's super impressive you are able to get so much done with so much going on (I've two young kids too, back to partial commuting now etc etc) so I'm looking forward to learning your secrets :)

Thanks, I hope you find it useful. It’s all about finding little windows of time and being consistent.

• @richardyot said:
    Thanks, I hope you find it useful. It’s all about finding little windows of time and being consistent.

5 star review, your writing style is awesome. Like others say here it’s like you’re in my head lol.

It’s gonna sound dumb but you’ve helped me figure out what my problem is. Inspiration ain’t gonna just float on by, and honestly, you just have to take whatever time you can get, even if it’s only ten minutes to put down a bass drum and a snare. This all can be applied to A LOT in our lives.

The only other problem your book hasn’t helped me cope with is how to stop my energy vampire 5 and 9 year old just suck all my will into oblivion. I feel like a sack of jelly on some days, they are UNTENABLE. On those days I don’t know what else to do other than just curl up into a ball and go to bed.

• @icsleepers said:

@richardyot said:

5 star review, your writing style is awesome. Like others say here it’s like you’re in my head lol.

It’s gonna sound dumb but you’ve helped me figure out what my problem is. Inspiration ain’t gonna just float on by, and honestly, you just have to take whatever time you can get, even if it’s only ten minutes to put down a bass drum and a snare. This all can be applied to A LOT in our lives.

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it. Give it a year, and if you stick to it you should see a huge difference in your output and productivity.

@icsleepers said:
    The only other problem your book hasn’t helped me cope with is how to stop my energy vampire 5 and 9 year old just suck all my will into oblivion. I feel like a sack of jelly on some days, they are UNTENABLE. On those days I don’t know what else to do other than just curl up into a ball and go to bed.

That’s a tough one, young kids can be very demanding, I can relate to that as I found it pretty hard when the kids were young. It doesn’t last forever though, and it does get easier.

• edited August 2021

@icsleepers said:

@richardyot said:

Yes you have to take whatever time you can get.
    Regarding the energy vampires. We all have an internal censor, orignally constructed in the head to protect us from damage, “If you ask her out and she turns you down then you will feel shit”. You can see what happens here, you don’t ask her out and miss what could possibly become a long term relationship. “Thanks for saving me head” you say not think where it may have gone if you had asked her. This is has the same effect for all creative works. We look sometimes at other works and say “I could have done better” but you won’t. So let go of your head censor and step into the light. Not quite finished your piece, never mind play it live, you will learn new techniques, and in turn gain the confidence to do it again!

• @richardyot said:
    I can relate to that as I found it pretty hard when the kids were young. It doesn’t last forever though, and it does get easier.

Yeah it's funny, the older one is getting quite a bit more self sufficient, the younger one is a bit of a nightmare, and their interactions with each other are terribly, terribly exhausting lol...

But you are right. Every month, every year, it is getting easier with them. They even play together nicely.... sometimes... a few more years and I'm sure it'll be sorted.

As I type this taking a few minutes to work on music stuff so already putting it into practice :)

@Toastedghost 100% right, my wife always tells me "What's the worst someone can say?" - no? If that's the worst that can happen then no big deal.