Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: My new book, Be The Artist You Want To Be, on Kindle

Comments

• @richardyot said:
    Sadly there is no chapter with tips on how to read more books, you're on your own there I'm afraid 😛

I'm going to treat it like a really long forum post and my review as a reply. Do you warn people about the time wasting lure of social media... the artist's new drug.

• @McD said:

@richardyot said:
    Sadly there is no chapter with tips on how to read more books, you're on your own there I'm afraid 😛

I'm going to treat it like a really long forum post and my review as a reply. Do you warn people about the time wasting lure of social media... the artist's new drug.

There's a whole chapter on "distractions". I like the "Pottery Class" lesson. I had a similar class in College english and just needed to produce 6 essay that "passed".

• I just bought it, looking forward to starting it tonight! Congratulations.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I just bought it, looking forward to starting it tonight! Congratulations.

Thanks!

• @McD said:

@richardyot said:

There's a whole chapter on "distractions". I like the "Pottery Class" lesson. I had a similar class in College english and just needed to produce 6 essay that "passed".

Yes social media is most definitely a topic that's covered :)

• Some nice feedback on Twitter:

• @richardyot I just finished the book this morning. It was very well written, and some much needed advice and techniques I can use. Highly recommended! I will leave a nice review on Amazon.
    And for the record I purchased on Amazon and it showed up in my Kindle app immediately :D

• @McM said:
    @richardyot I just finished the book this morning. It was very well written, and some much needed advice and techniques I can use. Highly recommended! I will leave a nice review on Amazon.
    And for the record I purchased on Amazon and it showed up in my Kindle app immediately :D

You’re a fast reader! Thanks so much for sharing - I’m super-happy that you found the book worthwhile 👍

• @richardyot glad you wrote it. Will definitely try using some of the techniques and paradigm shifts.

• Congrats hope it goes well

• I've downloaded Kindle for iPad and your book is now on my iPad. I will read it and write a review about it after my reading.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I've downloaded Kindle for iPad and your book is now on my iPad. I will read it and write a review about it after my reading.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it :)

• Big thanks to the forum members who have a left a review @McD and @JohnnyGoodyear being two names I recognise. I am forever in your debt 🙏

• @richardyot said:
    Big thanks to the forum members who have a left a review @McD and @JohnnyGoodyear being two names I recognise. I am forever in your debt 🙏

You are always so generous to the community of artists and a model of someone that does the work of a true creative.

• Congratulations! A book is no small thing. Well done, fella.

• Congratulations!!!! Just bought. As soon as I get over my laziness and procrastination I will read it..... 😂😂.

No just kidding. I think that this will help me!!! Good on you for doing this!!!!!!!

• @richardyot said:
    Big thanks to the forum members who have a left a review @McD and @JohnnyGoodyear being two names I recognise. I am forever in your debt 🙏

Not at all, your book is an inspiration as regards the most common malady we different patients seem to all suffer from; getting it finished.

• if it’s as great as your factory presets ! i’m sure i’ll enjoy it

• @reasOne said:
    if it’s as great as your factory presets ! i’m sure i’ll enjoy it

It's a tough read for a slacker because every pitchfall to productivity is exposed.
    It's like a checklist of my life... "been there, done that."

But I know myself and I'm not likely to become disciplined at any point but if I had
    a deadline I could use these tips... but no deadlines... no motivation.

But the science and play of it is more than enough for me and posting something here
    for the odd "Good boy" feedback is OK. It's a good way for an addict to avoid silence and introspection.

Old dog... reads "New Tricks". Old dog takes nap.

• @richardyot said:

I’m Jon McMillan BTW B)

• @McM said:

@richardyot said:

I’m Jon McMillan BTW B)

Thank you!

• @richardyot
    I started to read the free sample, and then I bought the full version. It is what needs many of us, not only me.
    Thank you for the book! I am reading it now. By the way, cool tracks and very inspiring examples of the full iOS audio production cycle.

• Congrats on getting this out.

• @roman_ch said:
    @richardyot
    I started to read the free sample, and then I bought the full version. It is what needs many of us, not only me.
    Thank you for the book! I am reading it now. By the way, cool tracks and very inspiring examples of the full iOS audio production cycle.

Thanks! I hope you find it helpful.

• Did an Amazon-less version of this ever happen? I’d put off getting it from them on seeing the mention of the exclusive period thing, but I just remembered after reading through the learning to make music thread. I’ve googled about a bit but can’t find it in any other places.

• @Krupa said:
    Did an Amazon-less version of this ever happen? I’d put off getting it from them on seeing the mention of the exclusive period thing, but I just remembered after reading through the learning to make music thread. I’ve googled about a bit but can’t find it in any other places.

Oh yeah I can probably distribute it on other platforms now, and the paperback is about 90% done (I’ve had to lay it out in InDesign) so I’ll try and get both of these things done over the summer.

• @richardyot said:

@Krupa said:
    Did an Amazon-less version of this ever happen? I’d put off getting it from them on seeing the mention of the exclusive period thing, but I just remembered after reading through the learning to make music thread. I’ve googled about a bit but can’t find it in any other places.

Oh yeah I can probably distribute it on other platforms now, and the paperback is about 90% done (I’ve had to lay it out in InDesign) so I’ll try and get both of these things done over the summer.

Great, I’ll try and hold out a bit longer for an ePub 😁

• @Krupa said:

@richardyot said:

@Krupa said:

Your book on lighting looks interesting too, nice to see non platform specific stuff!

• edited June 2021

I went to buy it when you mentioned it the other day, but it's also available on Kindle unlimited, so even better. Started reading it already.

BTW, I also use Kobo (and avoid amazon) whenever I can and so that's where I tried first, but I didn't find it - now I know why. No worries, however: Calibre is your friend. So Kobo it is after all.

Here's hoping that the EU will tackle this ebook situation at some point: it is stupid and unjustifiable that you cannot officially convert an ebook that you purchased into any format you prefer reading it in.

• @Krupa said:

@Krupa said:

@richardyot said:

@Krupa said:

Your book on lighting looks interesting too, nice to see non platform specific stuff!

Yes that one has been reasonably successful, in print for ten years and in its second edition. I'm currently writing a book on shading, which is a few months away from being complete.