Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chord pad Midi FX/ Mozaic scripts

Hello!

I am hoping to find a chord pad midi auv3 or Mozaic script that has different chords within a scale mapped to each key

Ideally it would be great if these chords were transposed as you go up and down the keyboard

I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR DUMMIES LIKE ME~ Hopefully something where you just plug in the scale and then any input key will automatically produce a chord that is in key, not looking to have to manually map each chord to keys etc, I would rather be surprised or work with a preset mapping for each each scale

Does anything come to mind? Any tips?

I just want to bang on the keyboard and have a palette of harmonious chords immediately at my finger tips

Thank you so much!!

Comments

• chordpolypad or navichord to name a few

• Tonality is on sale and has amazing AUv3 chord pad app inside. Custom chords, 5-6 scales of generated chords, strum feature, etc... it’s awesome

• edited November 2020

Also midi learn I could go on, the AU chord pads in Tonality are very feature packed and it’s only a portion of what the app does. Highly Recommended in general, but definitely recommend based off your description.

• @Poppadocrock this seems great thank you! but how do you get it to trigger via incoming midi notes? and have every note produce a chord (no empty notes)

• do they finally have live midi out? 😶

@Poppadocrock said:
    Tonality is on sale and has amazing AUv3 chord pad app inside. Custom chords, 5-6 scales of generated chords, strum feature, etc... it’s awesome

• edited November 2020

@cazel What do you mean by live midi out?

@annahahn I see what you're saying and Tonality may not be the best in that case since you still have to map the triggers manually. If you really wanted to, the copy/paste tool paired with transposition could make it quicker, but you'd probably be better off with a Mozaic script.

• @TonalityApp said:
    @cazel What do you mean by live midi out?

sorry! misread (tonaly is not au as i remember)

• @cazel All good, I’m still a bit peeved about the naming similarity :D

• @annahahn said:
    Hello!

I am hoping to find a chord pad midi auv3 or Mozaic script that has different chords within a scale mapped to each key

Ideally it would be great if these chords were transposed as you go up and down the keyboard

I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR DUMMIES LIKE ME~ Hopefully something where you just plug in the scale and then any input key will automatically produce a chord that is in key, not looking to have to manually map each chord to keys etc, I would rather be surprised or work with a preset mapping for each each scale

Does anything come to mind? Any tips?

I just want to bang on the keyboard and have a palette of harmonious chords immediately at my finger tips

Thank you so much!!

I've tried all of these. Tonality is easily the best. Midi Strummer isn't bad but not as easy to actually play. ChordPolyPad is good too. But look no further than Tonality

• @TonalityApp said:
    @cazel All good, I’m still a bit peeved about the naming similarity :D

:# Im truly sorry!
    fun fact- I bought that app while I was a newbie on ios and trying to find Tonality (my main workflow is macos/ableton) but deleted it immediately and got a refund. i just dont get it when chord-apps dont support auv3

• Mozaic "The Chordulator" îs very useful for the one finger keyboardist. Lots of knobs to
    tweak. Work great driven by any MIDI generator like Riffer, etc. It has scales and such as you
    request and some extras like a Strum setting. There are probably a few more on PatchStorage.

• QuantiChord might also work but I’ve never used it

• The Chorder IAP in LK (which was on sale for $2 for BF) is a pad centric chord generator.
    It doesn't need any of the other IAP's to output MIDI chords. The Matrix is a great MIDI file loader with scenes and channels and block-based triggering of MIDU loops. There's a PAD IAP, an X/Y control, a MIDI CC control surface and a wait for it... Keyboard. But one or all is up to you and your budget. Buy 50% off makes it a good time to load up.

• @annahahn Here’s 2 other possible AU apps that haven’t been mentioned yet.. maybe you already own one of them?
    ScaleBud also does chords.. laid out on the keyboard in the scale you choose with inversions or not..
    KB-1 Keyboard Suite has a chord/scale mode with inversions or not..

• Stepbud possibly