Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Portable midi keyboard dock!?

edited November 2020 in Other

Hello, I’m a bit of a newbie, so sorry if this post is bad manners or something, I had a daydream. What if there were something like a op1 or organelle, or like any of those portable hipster keyboard workstations, but it was just a midi controller with keys and a few pots, and you could attach your phone or iPad to it somehow and make a workstation where your phone was the screen? Does something like that exist already!?

Comments

• It did, with the original 30 pin iPads. I had one. IK multimedia, I think. The problems for manufacturers is that the hardware they're trying to dock with changes (30 pin, them lightning, now usb-c), the iOS keeps changing, and the keyboard becomes obsolete. Bluetooth midi gives you the closest thing to what you're after. I have the Korg nanokey studio now for quick jams, and it works a treat.

• @iansainsbury said:
    It did, with the original 30 pin iPads. I had one. IK multimedia, I think. The problems for manufacturers is that the hardware they're trying to dock with changes (30 pin, them lightning, now usb-c), the iOS keeps changing, and the keyboard becomes obsolete. Bluetooth midi gives you the closest thing to what you're after. I have the Korg nanokey studio now for quick jams, and it works a treat.

Ah yeah I can see that it would be a problem with new models and even different sized models and stuff. Shame. I'm gonna check out this korg, thanks! Seems like a more sensible idea!!