Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JEC's Captivity: Brand new preset pack for iVCS3 - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Now on sale in time for Black Friday - James Edward Cosby's new preset pack for iVCS3 Captivity!

Comments

• Best iap ever hands down

• How can I have the full iVCS synth as an AU. I only see the "noise" and VCO modules in AUM...

• @cuscolima said:
    How can I have the full iVCS synth as an AU. I only see the "noise" and VCO modules in AUM...

The AU for the full is VCS3 rather than iVCS3.

• @espiegel123 said:

@cuscolima said:
    How can I have the full iVCS synth as an AU. I only see the "noise" and VCO modules in AUM...

Oh yes, thanks...and weird design choice...

• @cuscolima said:

@espiegel123 said:

@cuscolima said:

Oh yes, thanks...and weird design choice...

Probably a typo.

• edited November 2020

'Extra!, extra! ... real Steampunk synthi from alternative future discovered! ... Captain @JEC Cosby, how was the trip: ??

• Many thanks Daveypoo, I really appreciate all the work that goes into making your videos. A labour of love for sure. 🎶🍻👍

• If only this synth were MPE. But Arturia doesn’t care about iOS customers at all.

• Hi Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr,

iVCS3 is actually Developed by APESoft not Arturia and it is the Official EMS Digital Recreation. It is Midi NRPN compatible. If you want it to be MPE Compatible you could send APESoft a message...

Arturia produce a software Synthi AKS.👍

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If only this synth were MPE. But Arturia doesn’t care about iOS customers at all.

While there isn't MPE compatibility by default, I'm sure that all the MIDI-mappable MPE functionality is in there is you care to take the ti è to set it up. I'm confused as to what you want it to t that it doesn't....?

• @Daveypoo said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If only this synth were MPE. But Arturia doesn’t care about iOS customers at all.

While there isn't MPE compatibility by default, I'm sure that all the MIDI-mappable MPE functionality is in there is you care to take the ti è to set it up. I'm confused as to what you want it to t that it doesn't....?

You can't make a non-mpe synth mpe! But yes, nothing to do with Arturia 😂

• edited November 2020

@JEC said:
    Hi Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr,

iVCS3 is actually Developed by APESoft not Arturia and it is the Official EMS Digital Recreation.

Oh yeah? And that’s relevant how....oh wait, I’m an idiot. Was thinking of other iOS synths Arturia has abandoned.

• Besides his 2020 set, what are the best of the other JEC packs???

Are they similar to this massive pack or not?

(I already have his Floyd, Ems-50 , and Mega Bank pack — all very good!)

• @Daveypoo said:

Could it be set up to follow bends and portamentos from say GeoShred? I thought that was the main function of MPE.

• edited November 2020

@Daveypoo said:

Could it be set up to follow bends and portamentos from say GeoShred? I thought that was the main function of MPE.

Check the bend range of the portamento - I'd be surprised if this wasn't able to be done. My kid is rockin' the Minecraft Star Wars at the moment so I don't have my iPad handy 😉

I'll check this out later myself

@Daveypoo said:

MPE added features that allow for each note to have its own pitch-bend, aftertouch and 'glide'. Geoshred can be set up to send either MPE-compatible events or standard MIDI events (same pitchbend applied to all notes, etc)

• @espiegel123 said:

@Daveypoo said:

MPE added features that allow for each note to have its own pitch-bend, aftertouch and 'glide'. Geoshred can be set up to send either MPE-compatible events or standard MIDI events (same pitchbend applied to all notes, etc)

Does this mean MPE is unnecessary when controlling a mono synth that accepts pitch bend and glide?

@espiegel123 said:

@Daveypoo said:

Does this mean MPE is unnecessary when controlling a mono synth that accepts pitch bend and glide?

MPE started out as extensions to make it possible to more easily have the same sort of expressiveness with poly synths as with mono. However, recently some mono synths have been implemented to be responsive to the same conventions which makes it possible to use them with MPE controllers without reprogramming stuff.

Some mono synths lately have been designed to respond to MPE -- which has some differences from standard MIDI. So, for example the SWAM instruments in GEOShred are monophonic but they need to be sent data using the MPE protocol. Someone has written a Mozaic script that translation monophonic MIDI to MPE-compatible events.

• The new thread pertaining to, and use of the CV Files can be found here...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/884307#Comment_884307

• Good to see that face, Dave. Happy holiday!

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Daveypoo said:

MPE started out as extensions to make it possible to more easily have the same sort of expressiveness with poly synths as with mono. However, recently some mono synths have been implemented to be responsive to the same conventions which makes it possible to use them with MPE controllers without reprogramming stuff.

Some mono synths lately have been designed to respond to MPE -- which has some differences from standard MIDI. So, for example the SWAM instruments in GEOShred are monophonic but they need to be sent data using the MPE protocol. Someone has written a Mozaic script that translation monophonic MIDI to MPE-compatible events.

Ah thanks. I'm more looking to go the other direction, to use Geoshred as a controller, layering another synth on top of one of the SWAM instruments. iVCS would be an ideal candidate for such a use, because it just sounds so good.

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Daveypoo said:

Ah thanks. I'm more looking to go the other direction, to use Geoshred as a controller, layering another synth on top of one of the SWAM instruments. iVCS would be an ideal candidate for such a use, because it just sounds so good.

I think there is a Mozaic script that @wim wrote that will translate MPE into standard MIDI you can send to a mono synth.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good to see that face, Dave. Happy holiday!

Right back atcha!

• @SNystrom said:
    Besides his 2020 set, what are the best of the other JEC packs???

Are they similar to this massive pack or not?

(I already have his Floyd, Ems-50 , and Mega Bank pack — all very good!)

ALL of them :flushed: !! I wouldnt miss any iVCS3 iap esp anything made by JamesEC! -his ModelD presets are also amazing-

if you'r looking for synths I def recommend 2018 Bank C and 2019 Synths+Explorations
    you can check preset demos here

• Cool. Thanks @cazel!