Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any ideas what happened to Propellerhead Thor?

I can’t seem to find it anymore on the app store.

Comments

• if you have it you can still download it
    But I can't find it on the store anymore. Propellerhead / Reason Studios only lists Reason Compact, Take and Figure on my side

• I can confirm this.

Either it's been dropped entirely like ReBirth RB-338
    or expect it to appear in Reason Compact.

The other possibility is that it could return as an auv3.

• I remember reading somewhere that it was kind of merged into Reason Compact. At least part of the synth engine was? Sad though, as it was one of my favorite standalones.

• Happy to report that I still have it installed on my IPP though!

• Thor is really great, would be a good one to turn into an auv3

• They don't seem to care too much about their iOS presence, have written them a few times, nagging them on instagram, to no avail. Jakob Haq seem to have given up on them too (my reflection, might be wrong). Thor is no part of Reason Compact - which is great even without - if it could only be AU and have separate parts if so willing. We'll see but I'm not very hopeful.

• edited November 2020

I was hoping it would be on sale. Sigh. Now, should I get Dr Octo Rex before it potentially vanishes?

Edit: Got the Dr Octo Rex unlock for Gadget. Guess that answers that, haha.

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    I was hoping it would be on sale. Sigh. Now, should I get Dr Octo Rex before it potentially vanishes?

Enjoy! I love it.

• i am glad i have thor but i never use it, its one of those iaa apps that just sits in the corner and waits until i remember it exists lol and decide i wana mess with iaa

• @rs2000 said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

Enjoy! I love it.

Yeah, it's really great. I might just make a partial transition from Garageband to Gadget /Nanostudio 2 because of it.

• One of Thor's strengths is the large variety of very usable presets.

• @Spud said:
    One of Thor's strengths is the large variety of very usable presets.

Yep, it was probably my first beginner synth when starting out with iOS and synths. It was my favorite because it had the best presets. Ah, seems like only yesterday

• I don't understand why they removed Thor. It did not bother anyone after all. I didn't bought it due to the lack of AUv3 support. If I knew they will remove it I would probably buy it, even if I would never use it :)

I'm dissapointed also they removed Rebirth years ago. I didn't bought it as well and I regret it. However as I know Rebirth do not work on 64 bit iPads, so to mess with it user have to own an older 32 bit iPad, correct?

Despite the lack both apps in the Appstore, can users who bought it previously still see it in Appstore and can download both?

• I managed to get it on my old iPad three the other day after I saw that it had been removed - I guess they’re still paying their dues...

• @dakti said:
    Despite the lack both apps in the Appstore, can users who bought it previously still see it in Appstore and can download both?

Yes, I just tried it. They both worked in my 2018 ipad pro.

• edited March 2021

I find the loss of Thor disheartening and surprising.. It was a great learning tool, as well. My first synth. Maybe they are redesigning for AU. 🤞🤞

• edited March 2021

@NoiseFloored said:
    Yes, I just tried it. They both worked in my 2018 ipad pro.

Krupa, NoiseFloored: Thanks for the info and confirmation. Good news that Rebirth also works on 64 bit devices :) Now these are the most valuable tools, because they cannot be bought anymore :smiley:

@LinearLineman said:
    Maybe they are redesigning for AU. 🤞🤞

LinearLineman: Would be nice, then I will definitely buy it 🤞

• I'm not holding my breath for any future developments. It seems they've all but abandoned iOS due to insufficient return on investment.

Still happy to have Thor, Rebirth, and Figure, though.

• edited March 2021

Maybe we need to take the initiative and gather about 500 forum users who will declare that they will buy Thor and Rebirth. Then Propellerhead will bring that two apps back to Appstore :) Even for a short period of time - "Second life special bundle" :)

• @dakti said:
    Maybe we need to take the initiative and gather about 500 forum users who will declare that they will buy Thor and Rebirth. Then Propellerhead will bring that two apps back to Appstore :) Even for a short period of time - "Second life special bundle" :)

I would participate 🤗

• Id jump in on that email chain. We need to organize a petition to send and all sign maybe

• @Krupa said:
    I managed to get it on my old iPad three the other day after I saw that it had been removed - I guess they’re still paying their dues...

It still runs on an iPad 1 that I have. I don’t use it, but it’s there (running iOS 5.9 I believe).

• The subject line is one word too long ;)

• @Hanna to the rescue 👋🏼

• @dakti said:

I doubt that it will work. They have no interest in iOS world

• @dakti said:

From what I remember, Rebirth was finally retired because Roland clamped down on the use of their trademarks.

• @Shabudua said:

@dakti said:

From what I remember, Rebirth was finally retired because Roland clamped down on the use of their trademarks.

True

• Was great. Still is.

• I also would buy Thor again if it went auv3. It would be one of my most-used synths.

• I love Reason and Propellerheads, but let’s face it - they go their own way.