Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for the recommendations on the following...

edited November 2020 in General App Discussion

While apps are on sale I’m looking for a few recommendations. Here is a list of what I’m looking for.
Reverb
Delay
Distortion
Overdrive
Chorus
Synth with some good presets for edm pop music.
Anything else you guys can think of plug-in wise for sweeting stuff up in mixes that I haven’t listed all ready, I’m all ears.

One more thing. Looking for a good audio editor that I can use on my final mixes to add space ad the beginning or take away and do fade outs, ect and also convert the final mix to an mo3 file. I only use an iPad so I can’t to it on a pc. Really need the wav to mp3 function.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Auditor will take care of the audio editor aspect, everything else is IMMENSELY subjective and all of us would probably give different answers to each of your categories

• Take a look at the offerings from Bleass for their Synth (Alpha), Chorus, Reverb and Delay. One reason being they are inexpensive (and on sale) and very competent and have VERY immediate controls. For a little more control and more "complete" (sometimes esoteric) functions, by order of rising complexity there is:
    FAC
    Toneboosters
    Fab Filters

For Overdrive 808 Overdrive Pro
    For Distortion ... ummm ... there's too much. Nembrini has good guitar stuff. Audiodamage has offerings.

• Mela is on sale. You can use effects unit ( all you described apart from reverb ) on a single screen plus a cool x-y filter. Mela isnt a digital sounding synth though?

I was going to suggest shaper but it isnt on sale but more importantly. Wov.

Id say mela for £5

Synthmaster one or continua for £4

Continua is mpe.

Fm synth. I have phasemaker and OPL.

Wait till next year if you are a noob and just use mela effects.

• I dont use any apps really but I guess its still my suggestions.

• Eventide bundle if you are flush.
    Audio Damage effects (and synths) if you are constrained.

• Id buy.

Mela.
    Tb reverb because thats what I bought but Fac alteza is supposed to be good.
    Continua or Synthmaster one.
    OPL.
    Ripplemaker
    Wov.

More beneficial than the apps you are asking for.

• May as well buy mononoke and then gauss ( whenever )

Skiiid also.

All synths suggested are to create a better ios setup.

But might not be your style.

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    Auditor will take care of the audio editor aspect, everything else is IMMENSELY subjective and all of us would probably give different answers to each of your categories

Thank you!! That’s exactly what I was looking for. I saw it once before, but for some reason I could never find again and couldn’t remember the name.

@audiblevideo @sigma79 @CracklePot

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m looking it all up and watching videos on YouTube. These are some really good suggestions guys, I really appreciate it.

My problem is now going to be to constrain myself and not go crazy on the App Store! 🤣🤣🤣

I guess I better make a budget and stick with it. Last year I went a little crazy and bought a whole lot of stuff!

• @Brad said:

@PeteSasqwax said:
    Auditor will take care of the audio editor aspect, everything else is IMMENSELY subjective and all of us would probably give different answers to each of your categories

Thank you!! That’s exactly what I was looking for. I saw it once before, but for some reason I could never find again and couldn’t remember the name.

@audiblevideo @sigma79 @CracklePot

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m looking it all up and watching videos on YouTube. These are some really good suggestions guys, I really appreciate it.

My problem is now going to be to constrain myself and not go crazy on the App Store! 🤣🤣🤣

I guess I better make a budget and stick with it. Last year I went a little crazy and bought a whole lot of stuff!

👍🏻
    You should ask around here before you buy anything, if you are not sure about it.
    😊

• @Brad said:
    While appps are sale I’m looking for a few recommendations. Here is a list of what I’m looking for.
    Reverb
    Delay
    Distortion
    Overdrive
    Chorus

So many choices...
    For the lowest cost - @AudioDamage
    For excellence in design and processing - FAC (@FredAntonCorvest)
    For the best sound at reduced rates - ToneBoosters
    All FX in one apps: @4Pockets NuRack, @Virsyn AudioEffx

Synth with some good presets for edm pop music.

Can't go wrong with @giku_beepstreet's or @jimpavloff's synths for EDM.

Anything else you guys can think of plug-in wise for sweeting stuff up in mixes that I haven’t listed all ready, I’m all ears.

One more thing. Looking for a good audio editor that I can use on my final mixes to add space ad the beginning or take away and do fade outs, ect and also convert the final mix to an mo3 file. I only use an iPad so I can’t to it on a pc. Really need the wav to mp3 function.

AudioShare has a great fade, trim tool. It's from @j_liljedahl who makes the amazing AUM.
    He has a suite of FX that could be AUv3's soon in the AUFX series. Currently, IAA but top notch sound and hopefully AUv3 updates for free but not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck. You have great prices until Friday at the earliest and maybe until the end of the
    month.

• @Brad You might also take a look at iFX Rack, on sale right now. The initial package covers most of your list. The bundle IAP, also on sale, adds the rest of the modules in the description, some of which are quite interesting. I just got it and find it easy to get some good sounds. (iFX Rack is the effects package of Pure Synth Platinum, split out as a separate AUv3.)

There are also some useful free AU components, particularly those from Nembrini and Blamsoft, that could be handy to fill gaps.

• eventide bundle

• @McD said:
    So many choices...
    For the lowest cost - @AudioDamage
    For excellence in design and processing - FAC (@FredAntonCorvest)
    For the best sound at reduced rates - ToneBoosters

This is a really succinct way of putting it. Also it's worth bearing in mind that although I'd add FabFilter as the layer above TB stuff, FF isn't universal so it's worth bearing that in mind if that's something you need (as it is for me!).

There are key developers who always get my attention (and money) - those you mentioned here (plus Bram and a few others, obviously) are always on the list.