Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favourite makebetterifier

2»

Comments

• @SNystrom said:

Was already on my list with Magic Death Eye. Hoping they both go on sale this weekend 🤗

Honestly, I can’t hear the 6144’s harmonics and I can’t see them on a sine-sweep either.

I did a null-test with white noise and the difference is barely audible but that could just be slight phase-shift or micro EQ-curve.
    This is also visible on the spectrogram, but changes completely when the Low-pass/Hi-pass is switched on.

This is still my “go to” EQ for actual EQ.
    It’s my favorite.
    I just don’t use it for harmonic distortion.

• @sclurbs said:
    I live in a noisy apartment, and Brusfri has been a godsend for recording clean audio

Ah, that's an interesting use-case. I didn't realise you could do that with it. So it cleans up audio on the way into the iPad? (i.e. I could place it on a channel with the mic on to improve incoming voice recordings?)

• Sure, that's a perfect use for it. I found that I need to play with the settings quite a bit to get it sounding the best it can, but it is truly wonderful.

• Ah, that's brilliant, thanks! I want to be able to make videos where I explain what's happening without having to record the voiceover outside of the iPad and get involved with loads of post-production. If it means I can do that by simply recording the input live it's a steal at under a tenner!

• @king_picadillo said:
    Haven’t seen it mentioned, RX950. Can’t remember who or where it was recommended (somewhere on this forum I think), but it’s cheap, Auv3 and adds a nice warm distortion to loops that I’m trying to vintagize/betterfy. I add this and Reelbus to almost everything.

ahh ya i forgot about the rx950 i think imma grab it. it’s 2 bucks!

• @reasOne said:

@king_picadillo said:
    Haven’t seen it mentioned, RX950. Can’t remember who or where it was recommended (somewhere on this forum I think), but it’s cheap, Auv3 and adds a nice warm distortion to loops that I’m trying to vintagize/betterfy. I add this and Reelbus to almost everything.

Great for old school beats! Heard your chomplr jam the other day - RX950 would fit perfectly with that.

• RX950 - and FAC Bandit ends up on nearly every channel too

• edited November 2020

Reamp and FAC Bandit. Usually a subtle difference, but it makes a big impact. Serum FX on the desktop.

• edited November 2020

Double post

• I need to get the IAPs on Bandit. FAC stuff is excellent. I genuinely couldn't believe the difference FAC Transient makes to drums.

• @aleyas said:

@reasOne said:

@king_picadillo said:

Great for old school beats! Heard your chomplr jam the other day - RX950 would fit perfectly with that.

yea for sure it would! give it a bit more flavor that it needs!

• @jolico said:

I did a null-test with white noise and the difference is barely audible but that could just be slight phase-shift or micro EQ-curve.
    This is also visible on the spectrogram, but changes completely when the Low-pass/Hi-pass is switched on.

This is still my “go to” EQ for actual EQ.
    It’s my favorite.
    I just don’t use it for harmonic distortion.

Wow, you have done your homework @jolico :)

The 6144 is my favourite too, for everyday EQ. Perfectly tuned knobs/ranges imho - the sweet spot is huge. It's such a useful app. The special sauce has always been a bit mysterious, but nothing ever sounded better without it, so I've been happily using it as a clean boost all over the place, including on the master.

@reasOne said:

@king_picadillo said:

That was me, @king_picadillo, but I only heard about it via the forum here. I think @gusgranite might be the original, "Hey, check it, this thing's great!" guy. Gotta love that old AKAI crunchy circuits vintigize/betterfy thing! I like it so much I got it in Reason, too. Didn't take the Korg Module AU out for a spin yet, but those two should make a fine pair.

• It was @colonel_mustard in the ABF with the RX950.

• @king_picadillo said:
    It was @colonel_mustard in the ABF with the RX950.

:lol: beautifully done

• Pro Q, my model d filter, and magic death eye stereo is pretty great

• Bram's OTT goes hard.

• I must try the Guitar Equalizer as I grabbed it when free early this year - if I like it I’ll buy the Bass one.

• @PeteSasqwax said:

@sclurbs said:
    I live in a noisy apartment, and Brusfri has been a godsend for recording clean audio

Ah, that's an interesting use-case. I didn't realise you could do that with it. So it cleans up audio on the way into the iPad? (i.e. I could place it on a channel with the mic on to improve incoming voice recordings?)

Wait.... isn't that the only purpose of Brusfri? What were you using it for?

But yeah, just stick in on an effects rack in AUM on a microphone track, press the learn button, and you're 95% on your way to clean audio. Like Gavinski said, depending on the ambience of the room, you might wanna mess with the settings a bit, and/or do some light EQ work on frequencies that lost too much. But as far as I'm concerned it's a miracle worker. It's a refrigerator hum killer.

• @sclurbs said:
    Wait.... isn't that the only purpose of Brusfri? What were you using it for?

Hehe - I wasn't using it for anything, I only just bought it!

• The main thing for me is that the inset mic I use when recording my vids is not ideal, it really helps improve that. Definitely found that tweaks help a lot, my mic sound in recent vids is better than it used to be since I started tweaking things.

• I've always recorded audio separately and added it after as a result of not having a workflow that I found effective. I'm never going to be making a load of videos but doing it that way was horribly time consuming and definitely put me off bothering half the time!

• @king_picadillo said:
    It was @colonel_mustard in the ABF with the RX950.

You win this round @king_picadillo. The game is afoot!

• Anyone else think the built in iPad microphone is actually pretty decent?

• There’s quite a few for me now, all on Mac- softube console 1 neve or ssl 9k saturation on every channel, kazrog true iron on every channel, and soundtoys little radiator on drum buss. And also, diyre external summing mixer into mic preamps into ssl clone compressor. But my 500 series rack has a power supply issue right now, so mixing without external summing for the moment.

• @aleyas said:

@reasOne said:

@king_picadillo said:

@KRPT said:
    RX950 - and FAC Bandit ends up on nearly every channel too

Great tip on the RX950, and great price on the app!!

The manual describes settings for 20 presets (which do not come with the app) - some of which are subtle, while many are more destructive - so there is quite a range of sound manipulation to be had from this.

If you have AUM you can install these presets from the attached Zip.
    After unzipping, move the directory:

• 4D61...6678

and place it under:

• On My IPad -> AUM -> Audio Unit Presets

When you have opened the RX950 App in AUM, click on the top left corner of the app window (on the hamburger / list icon).
    This opens the AUM preset browser for the app, and you can select a user preset.

Note: RX950 does expose its parameters in AUM, so it offers full flexibility there!
    This is in contrast to e.g. the DDMF apps, which do not show parameters, except for the top-end MDE / MDE Stereo apps.

• After years of effort I finally discovered the ultimate makebetterifier for my vocal tracks. It has never failed me yet! 👍🏼

• @wim said:
    After years of effort I finally discovered the ultimate makebetterifier for my vocal tracks. It has never failed me yet! 👍🏼

😂