Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COLLABORATIONS on "Essence" original and forks into additional genres

McDMcD
edited November 2020 in Creations

@Kin posted his first project on the forum a few days ago:

I asked him for the audio file and send a copy to @Linearlineman. Mike added some
Taqs.im Dudak and Ney instruments and it seems like a whole new concept:

And I added some Korg Module Solo Cello for yet another POV:

BUG REPORT:

Then Cubasis 3 threw in a bug that messed up the playback speed. It's kind of an epic ambient result... but very long... lot's of clanking and clacking for anyone that lasts past a few minutes. The Cello vibrato can induce attacks of vertigo. Stay seated.

UPDATE:

I discovered I could use the File Player in AUM and ru 2 copies of the Essence2 audio and run one at normal speed and the 2nd at half speed. Then I used a Rozetta LFO to vary the "rate" of the 2 file players. Madness ensues.

UDATED UPDATE:

@Kin took the "Cello" stem and created yet another backing track replacing his original track for a totally different mood and genre:

Comments

• that was cool to hear the track being built and added to by different minds

• McDMcD
    edited November 2020

Does anyone have a clues/guesses what made Cubasis loose the timing/sample rate details. If I re-boot my iPad it plays correctly but after one play it looses the timing accuracy.

• Thanks to @kin @LinearLineman @McD for the inspiration.

I don't have the answers to that sample rate issue...weird that it keeps reoccurring, but maybe it's because that is the track.
    It would make for an interesting piece of film....didn't realise that the Steinberg people had advanced so far down the track of AI in their DAWs. Makes me have another think about how I can integrate that into my work flow.

• I think the bugged one is my favourite version. I’ve really enjoyed hearing what @McD and @LinearLineman added to the tune.

• @kin said:
    I think the bugged one is my favourite version. I’ve really enjoyed hearing what @McD and @LinearLineman added to the tune.

The @kin track was very inspiring and a lot of fun to react to.

• @kin said:
    I think the bugged one is my favourite version. I’ve really enjoyed hearing what @McD and @LinearLineman added to the tune.

It makes me think a lot of audio might be more intriguing at 1/2 speed, right? What a simple way to do that... I'm sure I have an app that can do that but not sure which one. Auditor? Audioshare? Twisted Wave? It's probably in one of these DAW's as a stretch option.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2020

The file player in AUM has a "rate" setting that can go from 1/8th to 8 times the normal speed. I've got 2 copies of the Essence2 file running now... one at normal speed and the other at 1/2 speed.

Then I added a Rozetta LFO to sweep through the rate possibilities of both file players. This is a nice discovery.

• @kin @LinearLineman @McD

Great sounding stuff guys! Mike (aka @LinearLineman) sent me the file as well, so if nobody minds, I might see if I can also contribute something. Maybe after dinner.

• Updating both ends of the snake:

@Kin took the "Cello" stem and created yet another backing track replacing his original track for a totally different mood and genre:

• @McD said:
    Updating both ends of the snake:

Nice! I really like that!