Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Midi app MusiKraken

Comments

• edited January 2021

@Snarp Just downloaded and this looks very leftfield and a lot of fun glad you added AU support. With not turning this into a full DAW however would love to see AU effects AU midi effects added to the effects page could be cool uses these in the app and on desktop.

Currently cannot get the hand tracking to work on a non true depth device on iOS 14.2 you say you can access the parameters for size etc, how is that done
    as not seeing a settings option on the hand tracking node ?

Ok sorted the problem didn't have note selected but modulation.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    With not turning this into a full DAW however would love to see AU effects AU midi effects added to the effects page could be cool uses these in the app and on desktop.

Yes, you are totally right, the app is still missing AUv3 MIDI and audio effects. It is on my TODO list but I did't have time so far to implement it. Not sure yet how I will integrate them into the current setups, I will need to experiment with it first...

(And I already have implemented a sequencer that can store and play back MIDI files a while ago, but I won't add it for now, because I also do not want to turn it into a full DAW... for now...)

:-) I will soon release a video where I explain how to best use the hand tracking (plus the rest of the app). I set modulation by default for the Value to MIDI converter because that is what I usually select by default, but not sure if that makes sense to everyone...

• Looks interesting! @Snarp Just purchased! Glad to see you working on it and making improvements. Welcome to the forums btw!

• edited January 2021

@Snarp said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    With not turning this into a full DAW however would love to see AU effects AU midi effects added to the effects page could be cool uses these in the app and on desktop.

Yes, you are totally right, the app is still missing AUv3 MIDI and audio effects. It is on my TODO list but I did't have time so far to implement it. Not sure yet how I will integrate them into the current setups, I will need to experiment with it first...

(And I already have implemented a sequencer that can store and play back MIDI files a while ago, but I won't add it for now, because I also do not want to turn it into a full DAW... for now...)

:-) I will soon release a video where I explain how to best use the hand tracking (plus the rest of the app). I set modulation by default for the Value to MIDI converter because that is what I usually select by default, but not sure if that makes sense to everyone...

Cheers @Snarp Will check the video out once released. Looking forward to see where this app goes. Gave it a thumbs up on the App Store.

Actually I missed this video should of picked up the note on off from that !

• Hello everyone!
    I made video that explains the basics of how to use the MusiKraken editor. I hope it will help new users get into the basic workflow of MusiKraken:

• @Snarp said:
    Hello everyone!
    I made video that explains the basics of how to use the MusiKraken editor. I hope it will help new users get into the basic workflow of MusiKraken:

Thank you. Always good with a clear video. :) A small wish from me is that you save some preset/templates as you go - to get one started, I know there are some and I do realize there are quite a few differences from device to device but still, some templates would be great if not only to see "how is this done" Thanks again.

• edited February 2021

@Snarp Looking good! What about add a Buchla keyboard input module for MPE control?

• @Pxlhg said:

@Snarp said:
    Hello everyone!

Thank you. Always good with a clear video. :) A small wish from me is that you save some preset/templates as you go - to get one started, I know there are some and I do realize there are quite a few differences from device to device but still, some templates would be great if not only to see "how is this done" Thanks again.

read my mind :blush:
    setup templates would be great!
    @Snarp I've been testing compatibility for ios midi controller apps -esp.MPE/CC- + Live11. I guess MusiKraken will be #1 ios controller for everyone when Live11 is off. released :grimace: congrats once again!

• I've just played PIPA with my face. I think laughing so hard fubbed up the so prominent composition I had going :D :D :D

• @Pxlhg said:

@Snarp said:
    Hello everyone!

:smiley: yes, more presets would be great. And I need to review the ones that are already in there, so much has changed since the first release, not sure how much sense they still make. But it is kind of difficult to create templates, because, as you wrote, the setup depends very much on the hardware of the device, on which AudioUnits are installed and / or which external device you are controlling with it.

But I will try to add a few templates that demonstrate how some of the modules can be used. Also, I should finally enable sharing of project files. I haven't added it to the app yet because I am still not sure what I should do with modules that do not work on a system... grey them out? Or simply ignore them? But it would make things a bit easier...

• @cazel said:

@Pxlhg said:

@Snarp said:
    Hello everyone!

read my mind :blush:
    setup templates would be great!
    @Snarp I've been testing compatibility for ios midi controller apps -esp.MPE/CC- + Live11. I guess MusiKraken will be #1 ios controller for everyone when Live11 is off. released :grimace: congrats once again!

Thanks!

• @Pierre118 said:
    @Snarp Looking good! What about add a Buchla keyboard input module for MPE control?

Sounds great, didn't know Buchla before :o ! I need to experiment with more touch controls anyways!

• @Pxlhg said:
    I've just played PIPA with my face. I think laughing so hard fubbed up the so prominent composition I had going :D :D :D

Haha, yes, playing with the face can be a lot of fun (or very weird :smiley: ).

• @Snarp said:

@Pierre118 said:

Sounds great, didn't know Buchla before :o ! I need to experiment with more touch controls anyways!

Hope you can add this, it would bring MusiKraken to a much higher level. Looks like this :
    https://morph.sensel.com/products/morph-with-buchla-thunder-overlay?variant=32616348057679

• edited February 2021

Have anyone managed to get Musikraken hooked up to a Windows 10 PC using the “Snarp network midi” module? I’m on Windows 10 Pro using an Asus RT-AC68U router.

Edit: Ok rtpMIDI by Tobias needed. I was using his loopMIDI thing trying to get Bluetooth midi to work.

Edit: And I already asked about this earlier in the thread. Dementia level 999.

• Controlling filter cutoff on the Elektron Digitone with my eyelids = insta wubwub

• @ChrisG said:
    Have anyone managed to get Musikraken hooked up to a Windows 10 PC using the “Snarp network midi” module? I’m on Windows 10 Pro using an Asus RT-AC68U router.

Edit: Ok rtpMIDI by Tobias needed. I was using his loopMIDI thing trying to get Bluetooth midi to work.

I would use the "Core MIDI network" module instead if you only want to use one network port. Not that my own implementation or the RTP protocol is worse :D , but because Apples network connections are shared with other apps and are kept alive for a while in the background, which is something my implementation is not allowed to do. But the "Snarp network midi" module is a bit more configurable...

Thanks for reminding me to finish implementing the Bluetooth connection, it somehow hasn't had priority... But it shouldn't take too long to finish it (But adding new features is somehow more fun than testing Bluetooth connections ;) ).

• @Snarp said:

@ChrisG said:

I would use the "Core MIDI network" module instead if you only want to use one network port. Not that my own implementation or the RTP protocol is worse :D , but because Apples network connections are shared with other apps and are kept alive for a while in the background, which is something my implementation is not allowed to do. But the "Snarp network midi" module is a bit more configurable...

Thanks for reminding me to finish implementing the Bluetooth connection, it somehow hasn't had priority... But it shouldn't take too long to finish it (But adding new features is somehow more fun than testing Bluetooth connections ;) ).

Cheers. I was actually just trying to get BT midi working with my PC regardless of apps etc, I knew MusiKraken didn’t have it:-).

• edited March 2021

Cool update now MPE compatibility.

• @Snarp Great update, MPE!

• @Jumpercollins said:

:D you were faster than me! There is a bug in the current version of MusiKraken with the Chords Pad on devices without 3D Touch, so I haven't posted this anywhere yet. I already submitted the bugfix to Apple this morning, so it should hopefully be released soon.

I actually had implemented MPE a while ago, but as I didn't really have that many instruments that supported it, I couldn't test it very well. But now that Ableton Live 11 also supports it, I thought it was time to add this to the app.

Please tell me if you have any problems with MPE and any instrument. I tested it with as many as possible, and some obviously ignored the official MPE specification, that is why there are so many settings, to support them all...

• @Snarp said:

@Jumpercollins said:

:D you were faster than me! There is a bug in the current version of MusiKraken with the Chords Pad on devices without 3D Touch, so I haven't posted this anywhere yet. I already submitted the bugfix to Apple this morning, so it should hopefully be released soon.

I actually had implemented MPE a while ago, but as I didn't really have that many instruments that supported it, I couldn't test it very well. But now that Ableton Live 11 also supports it, I thought it was time to add this to the app.

Please tell me if you have any problems with MPE and any instrument. I tested it with as many as possible, and some obviously ignored the official MPE specification, that is why there are so many settings, to support them all...

couldnt change between keyboards+edit modules etc today and just thought there's something wrong with my new 12pro max (: looking forward for the update
    but I managed to setup MPE with Model15+Live11+M1 and it worked fine 🦕 thank you for your hard work!!

• @cazel said:
    couldnt change between keyboards+edit modules etc today and just thought there's something wrong with my new 12pro max (: looking forward for the update

The update is a bit delayed, I needed to change the privacy policy again to confirm that I really, really, reeeeeally (!!) do not collect any data when using the TrueDepth camera ;) . Apple is kind of sensitive about that. I hope they will release the update with the bugfix soon...

• I released a new update for MusiKraken on iOS (version 1.13):

-Hand Tracking now also supports detection of two hands, so the gestures can be performed with two hands simultaneously. And if your device has a TrueDepth sensor, you can directly access it from the Hand Tracking module. The advantage of this is that it will get the distance of the middle of your hand instead of the closest distance to whatever is in front of the camera. And you can use the distance of two hands (your hands, or with another person)!
    The disadvantage is that you will only get a depth value if you hand is actually detected. Which worked nicely with my hands so far, but I haven't tested that many other hands yet. And one difficulty when tracking two hands is that both hands need to be visible. So if you move one hand closer to the camera, make sure that it doesn't cover the second hand. The easiest way to do this is to make the range smaller and keep enough distance to the device (it tracks the hands up to one meter of distance).

-You can now also use the Gyroscope to make music. While the Accelerometer uses the acceleration in 3 axes as data, the Gyroscope uses the device rotation.

-In the MIDI Input or MIDI Output module, you can now open the Bluetooth MIDI configuration settings of iOS. So you can scan and connect with other Bluetooth MIDI devices or advertize as a Bluetooth MIDI device, so that other devices can connect with it. So from now on you can now connect via WiFi, cable and Bluetooth.

MusiKraken iOS:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/musikraken/id1538781007

MusiKraken Android (this will get the gyroscope and bluetooth update probably in the next version):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.Snarp.SnarpMidiController

http://www.musikraken.com

• Oh I can practice my Tommy Copper “Just like that” impressions now !

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Oh I can practice my Tommy Copper “Just like that” impressions now !

...also add Face Tracking to get the mouth and eyes right :D

• Bought. Everything is better with a touch of wonk. Love it, thank you.

• edited March 2021

This is phenomenal - I love it, just been conducting a SWAM brass section with the True Depth on an iPad Pro 4th gen. Not very refined yet (I'm not), but I'm sure practise will pay off.

Brilliant, £10 for the app helps soften the blow of the cost of the iPad, I'm sure this would have cost Jean Michel Jarre many, many thousands and he couldn't have done it lying in bed watching football.

• This app is a true bliss. Just bought it and it is a lot better them what I expected.