Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS Saturator AUv3 Plugin by BLEASS - Released

edited November 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1536755427

Description:

The BLEASS Saturator AUv3 Effect Plugin features a semi-parametric gain drive, 9 different WaveShaper algorithms, a Pre/Post Bitcrusher, and a LFO to bring motion to your saturation!
This versatile saturation effect processor comes packed with 40 Factory Presets, from classic stereo Drive to crazy metallic bitcrushed Saturations. A clear User Interface guides you through the different stages of sound saturation while offering you a crispy sound design experience through a mesmerizing dynamic WaveShaper Visualizer.

Finally, like all BLEASS Software, this effect has very low CPU usage and highly optimized DSP, is compatible with all Hosts and also available as Standalone Audio Processor.

BLEASS Saturator is composed of 5 stages:

The Input Stage allows you to set the Drive up to 60db. Activate the EQ mode and set the range of the Low and High Band Frequency parameters.
Move the 3 sliders to set Low, Mid & High EQ Gains up to 60db as well.

The WaveShaper Stage allows you to choose between 9 different Algorithms, from classic “Hard” and “Soft” Clip up to “Polynomial Order 5”.
A high definition WaveShaper displays the different waveform Algorithms: view in real-time the effects of the Offset, Depth, Period and Strength parameters, which you can set with the four dedicated controls.

The Bit Crusher Stage can be set to Off, Pre & Post the WaveShaper stage, which gives a high versatility to your sound waveshaping. Set the Depth and rate amounts of bit reduction, which can be modulated by the LFO.

The LFO Stage offers 6 different waveforms, Beat and Sync Free modes, Rate, Offset, Stereo Phase and Amount which you can visualize thanks to the LFO Stereo Meter.
The 12 Modulation targets are: Drive, High Frequency, Low Frequency, Low Gain, Mid Gain, High Gain, Offset, Depth, Period and Strength, Bit Depth and Bit Rate.

Finally, the Output Stage protects your ears against high output gains and offers a clear view of Output and Dry/Wet parameters

Check out www.bleass.com for video tutorials and more info!

• PLEASE NOTE: this is an Audio Unit Effect plugin (AUv3) which requires a compatible host such as AUM, Audiobus, GarageBand, Cubasis, BM3 and Auria. You can also use the BLEASS Saturator as a standalone App using headphones, a mic or an external sound card.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 11.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Preordered. Love all BLEASS apps.

• BLEASS is on a Roll! Great releases this year from them!

• Let's say you have virtually every AU synth on iOS. Does Alpha bring anything new to the table? Is it a bread-and-butter synth? The motion sequencer seems neat, but I have Synthmaster and Sunrizer, which this seems similar to. I wasn't really interested but in Dean from Electronisound's excellent video, the interface reminded me of Xynthesizer, which as a really underrated synth engine.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Preordered. Love all BLEASS apps.

Ditto. Got them all and will always buy whatever comes next. Easier to use than the big boys’ apps, too.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Let's say you have virtually every AU synth on iOS. Does Alpha bring anything new to the table? Is it a bread-and-butter synth? The motion sequencer seems neat, but I have Synthmaster and Sunrizer, which this seems similar to. I wasn't really interested but in Dean from Electronisound's excellent video, the interface reminded me of Xynthesizer, which as a really underrated synth engine.

I initially loved Alpha but tend to prefer their effects now. Still a nice so to have, though, with that trademark ease of use and flexibility.

• Another saturator? How will it compare to the others I wonder... Electrogene is probably my favourite, a real under the radar classic imo

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Let's say you have virtually every AU synth on iOS. Does Alpha bring anything new to the table? Is it a bread-and-butter synth? The motion sequencer seems neat, but I have Synthmaster and Sunrizer, which this seems similar to. I wasn't really interested but in Dean from Electronisound's excellent video, the interface reminded me of Xynthesizer, which as a really underrated synth engine.

It has a really deep and raw sound in the best way possible. I really like Alpha. I have all 3 synths you mention, and I think it’s different enough. It’s not necessarily a bread and butter synth, it has a lot of deep, rich, analog type sounds, with a sweet GUI like all Bleass apps do. The motion sequencer is cool. It’s maybe slightly below average on DSP/CPU, but other then that it’s great.

• Is there any prerelease demos. Love to hear this in action.

• Got em all..........Getting this one!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It has a really deep and raw sound in the best way possible. I really like Alpha. I have all 3 synths you mention, and I think it’s different enough. It’s not necessarily a bread and butter synth, it has a lot of deep, rich, analog type sounds, with a sweet GUI like all Bleass apps do. The motion sequencer is cool. It’s maybe slightly below average on DSP/CPU, but other then that it’s great.

I was all ready to pass....
    But I do find the delay really nice to use.

• edited November 2020

Unfortunately it's distortion so I sort of have to buy it.

• What is the advantage to pre-order?

• Can I briefly hijack this thread to ask about Bleass effects in general? What differentiates them from the myriad of other options in the app store?

• @SirKen said:
    Can I briefly hijack this thread to ask about Bleass effects in general? What differentiates them from the myriad of other options in the app store?

Astonishing presets😜

• What differentiates Bleass for me is the effort put into the interfaces. Their UIs are very clean and intuitive to use with a touch screen ... and normally all right there in a single pane, rather than buried behind menus or made needlessly simplistic.

• @kidslow said:
    What differentiates Bleass for me is the effort put into the interfaces. Their UIs are very clean and intuitive to use with a touch screen ... and normally all right there in a single pane, rather than buried behind menus or made needlessly simplistic.

+1

• I've kinda grown to love TB BitJuggler for these kind of things otherwise I'll just create my own chain in Drambo...
    (already got way too many apps to boot).

• Alpha is tremendous. No idea why I waited so long.

• The one thing I don't like about their UIs are the XY pads and sliders that jump to their absolute position when touched, I find it especially frustrating when adjusting filters.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Alpha is tremendous. No idea why I waited so long.

even though this thread is not about Alpha I must admit that also for me it is the best sounding subtractive synth in iOS so far :smile:

• @vrtx_void said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Alpha is tremendous. No idea why I waited so long.

even though this thread is not about Alpha I must admit that also for me it is the best sounding subtractive synth in iOS so far :smile:

Forgive me for my off-topicness!

• @kidslow said:
    What is the advantage to pre-order?

Same here... why preorder ??
    Looks similar to AD Grind in features, but Grind is hard to tame, pretty extreme.

• Pre-Order = Save a buck or two...
    Hopefully there will be some videos out before pre-order period ends...

• When I think of saturation, tape/valves/tubes come to mind first. This describes a waveshaper and bitcrusher. Is my mode of thinking old-fashioned or would this product perhaps be better named Waveshaper? In VST land, skumorphic tape sims have been the rage for the past few years. Those are saturators. This feels like something different in the land of distortion.

• Just when I needed a Saturator! Pre ordered, thank you

• edited November 2020

@tahiche said:
    Looks similar to AD Grind in features, but Grind is hard to tame, pretty extreme.

It does seem similar to Grind. Also comes to mind is k-devices Shaper. Neither of which I have tamed.

• Hope to hear sound examples, ho does it compared to shaper which I don’t like at all

• edited November 2020

Checks the boxes for me, gonna get it to get my distortion on.

• Wow. They’re just churning them out this year.

• I just gave in and bought all of the Bleass apps I didn’t already own. I haven’t had much time with them yet but Groovebox and Alpha seem really great. Looking forward to putting them all to good use.