Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hopeful - a solo piano piece

Wanted to share this with y'all. I've had this theme in my head for a while. I hope you enjoy!
Made with Auria Pro, IAP Salamander Piano, ProR, Saturn and ProL.

Comments

• @McM said:
    Wanted to share this with y'all. I've had this theme in my head for a while. I hope you enjoy!

One word— Gorgeous

• Another word ... Beautiful

• Very nice. Good to hear the Salamander. You might want to pick up Ravenscroft 275, especially if it goes on sale. I think you’d like it.

• Thank you so much for the comments and the listens @barabajagal @GeoTony @LinearLineman! Really means a lot.
    @LinearLineman, I have Ravenscroft, so I might try to render the same MIDI with it plugged in instead of the Salamander. I love the Ravenscroft piano sound, but have some problems using it:

1. The sound will crackle using the sustain pedal intermittently. I remember reading a thread here about it and some improvements were made, but still happens for me. I'm on an aging iPad Air 2 though :) . I have been able to make more simple recordings with it though, without crackles.
    2. The panning of sounds seems a little extreme for me. Lower notes are panned more left and higher notes panned right. The panning amount seems to be proportionate to the distance from middle C, so maybe recorded with one single centrally located mic? Not sure, but it slightly bothersome to me.

Even with these two issues, I still love to play the Ravenscroft piano. I'm trying to write something cinematic using the Prometheus preset. Love that sound.

• I’d like to hear that. Sorry you don’t have Success with RC275... a buffer setting, perhaps?

• @LinearLineman said:
    I’d like to hear that.

Will definitely post when it's ready :)

Sorry you don’t have Success with RC275... a buffer setting, perhaps?

Hmmm...I wonder. I did change the sample rate to 44/16 and it helped. I wonder what I had the buffer set to...thanks for the reminder!

• Here's the render with Ravenscroft 275. No crackles!
    I kept all the same MIDI and reverb settings, but just replaced the instrument.

I like both! Tough to decide my favorite.

• I like going to the SoundCloud page with the two recordings layered one on top of the other so it's easy to compare sections of the performance between the two pianos.

I'm NOT happy to see that these 2 recordings are the only tracks available from McM. I was hoping for months of work to be exposed. I follow'ed you so I hope there's more soon.

I really like this pensive pianistic musical genre. They speak to me but I'm sure you could easily layer more instruments in and create a wide variety of musical moments. I hope that happens.

You musical sensitivities are excellent... you know how to establish a mood and work the moment.

I think I'd give the edge to the Ravenscroft's richness but I'd be very happy playing the crystalline Salamander too. In a listening contest the Salamander too home the honors
    playing a Grieg Concerto.

• edited November 2020

@McD thank you so much for the compliments! I’ve been on this forum as another username and came back as McM :) . I had a few songs I made in gadget but want to remix with better synths. So, I hope to be making more music soon!

End of 2019 and 2020 have been tough for me, not even considering COVID, and thought I would give up on music. I kinda did for a while, deleted forum accounts, wiped the iPad, and thought of leaving it behind for good. But then decided after time has passed to keep at it.

• lovely piece of music, I personally preferred the second version with Ravenscroft but not a lot in it. Both beautiful.

• Thanks for the Ravenscroft. Much preferred it, but I’m biased. When I was a kid, one winter morning, a raven appeared standing on my piano. We could never figure out how it got in the house.

• edited November 2020

@LinearLineman trying to come up with a clever reply, but I got nothin’

@kin thank you for the compliment and the listen!

I’m starting to favor Ravenscroft...might have to upgrade the iPad :)