Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria is now 50% OFF (I need your inputs on this one)

There are a lot of information about this DAW, but I have a couple of questions about it and I would like to merge all the answer in 1 thread.

As you may know, Auria - Music Production and Auria Pro are now 50% OFF.

What do I gain with the Pro version appart from samples that I don't need?

Many people on this forum complaint about this DAW being not stable. Is Auria stable now?

I also don't want to buy this App if Auria 2 will be out soon.

What are your toughts about this deal?

As always, thanks a lot!

Comments

• IF you're going to buy it, definitely get the Pro version: it supports MIDI and advanced mixer routing. If you want mix busses and full AUX channels this is the version you need.

As for stability, in my experience it's very good, but others have had issues, so it's very likely dependent on certain plugins that potentially cause problems.

I've been using Auria for 7 years, it's still my main DAW and I still love using it, my only concern is that development is relatively slow these days (due to App Store economics, it's very hard for devs to generate income), so I don't know what the long-term outlook is. Cubasis 3 has definitely made some important progress in the last year.

Finally, I don't expect to see a new major version of Auria anytime soon.

• Pro version. Go for it.

• edited November 2020

I was also tempted and just got it. It crashed 5 times within 5 minutes. Just when resizing midi regions. I read there were issues with certain plugins but I don't want to go through the process of deleting apps and testing what could work and what not. Won't just give up. Will try to accomplish something...

I am on iPadOs 14.2, iPad Pro 11''

• edited November 2020

Would 2nd @richardyot and @mjcouche comments. Also have stability problems like @nuno_agogo, maybe not as often though. I just manually save snapshots (temp save function in Auria Pro) more often. Must take into consideration that I'm on an aging iPad Air 2...

I stay with it, because it's the best DAW due to the mixer, I love the FREE Salamander Piano, and also that I bought almost all the in app purchase FabFilter plug ins and don't want to re-purchase the separate apps.

It might help to know the style of music you want to make. It might affect you decision.

I would agree with @richardyot again...don't expect to see a major new revision of Auria, or Auria Pro.

• edited November 2020

If you're an old hand with a multitrack recording studio background? Meaning you've actually held a 2-inch reel of Ampex 456 — or you even know what that is? You'll love it.

I think if you got into music production via Reason or Ableton or FL Studio, it'll drive you crazy.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    If you're an old hand with a multitrack recording studio background? Meaning you've actually held a 2-inch reel of Ampex 456 — or you even know what that is? You'll love it.

I think if you got into music production via Reason or Ableton of FL Studio, it'll drive you crazy.

Ha ha ha ha! Perfect !!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I think if you got into music production via Reason or Ableton of FL Studio, it'll drive you crazy.

I’ve only used Ampex 456 in pauper’s ¼” format which might explain why I don’t love Auria! :lol:

• @Telstar5 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ha ha ha ha! Perfect !!

:) What if you held a 2-inch reel of tape but ended up in Ableton? Apologies to OP for OT.