Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro - bounce in place...sort of?

Maybe I'm missing a simple function, but in a project, I have several MIDI tracks, some with insert effects, like ProQ2, Volcano...
What I want to do is convert the midi to audio to start the final mix, but I don't want to lose the effects settings.

Bounce in place removes all effects, so no good.
Mix down and bypass the effects? Then I'd have to import the audio on a new track and make copy the same insert effect settings? Is this the way?

Thought I may be missing a function that made it easier?

Comments

• @McM said:
    Maybe I'm missing a simple function, but in a project, I have several MIDI tracks, some with insert effects, like ProQ2, Volcano...
    What I want to do is convert the midi to audio to start the final mix, but I don't want to lose the effects settings.

Bounce in place removes all effects, so no good.
    Mix down and bypass the effects? Then I'd have to import the audio on a new track and make copy the same insert effect settings? Is this the way?

Thought I may be missing a function that made it easier?

Do you want the audio track to have effects baked in or not? The way to proceed depends on that. I’d probably set up the effects on separate bus. That way you can route your audio after the bounce-in-place back through that bus.

• Want the insert FX to not be baked in.

• @McM said:
    Want the insert FX to not be baked in.

So, I’d create a bus that has your insert effects. Route the midi track’s output through it. After bounce in place, it will still be there.

Have you tried freezing instead?

• edited November 2020

Bussing audio makes since.
    Did not try freezing. I think that might be the ticket.

Was starting to run high on CPU, and am done with MIDI recording and arranging, so wanted to bounce to audio to raise the buffer to 4096 to starting finalizing the mix.

• edited November 2020

• @espiegel123 said:

@McM said:
    Want the insert FX to not be baked in.

So, I’d create a bus that has your insert effects. Route the midi track’s output through it. After bounce in place, it will still be there.

Have you tried freezing instead?

Maybe freezing is what you want to do. Note that there are some insert effects that seem to result in freezing not working right, but it generally does.