Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Why does he have to be so prolific? :lol:

• Looks like a VA synth. Wonder if it does anything to set it away from other VA’s.

• I like his effects, so this may be a winner.

• Do we have a date?

• @senhorlampada said:
    Why does he have to be so prolific? :lol:

😂 I know right. He is straining my wallet.

• Somebody please tell him to support MPE (I don't have twitter...)

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Do we have a date?

Sure, but you're buying drinks.

• great news

• @Liquidmantis said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Do we have a date?

😂😂😂

• @Liquidmantis said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Do we have a date?

😆😂🤣🙃🥴

• Ok...I NEED to know if this brings anything at all new to the table, because I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many IPad synths that I really feel like I have a problem 😂😂😂

• edited December 2020

Looks and sounds nice. I also like the concept of built in sequencer....I hope it is AU

• @Strizbiz said:
    Ok...I NEED to know if this brings anything at all new to the table, because I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many IPad synths that I really feel like I have a problem 😂😂😂

It has built-in automation - an automatic winner for me. I wish other synths had this because it's hard to set automation in AUM - at least it is until Atom 2 hits the streets.

• @cuscolima said:
    Looks and sounds nice. I also like the concept of built in sequencer....I hope it is AU

@audio_DT said:

@Strizbiz said:
    Ok...I NEED to know if this brings anything at all new to the table, because I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many IPad synths that I really feel like I have a problem 😂😂😂

It has built-in automation - an automatic winner for me. I wish other synths had this because it's hard to set automation in AUM - at least it is until Atom 2 hits the streets.

I agree with you both!
    Built-in automation and sequencing is brilliant and very relevant. Maybe another forward-thinking idea is making synths that are also AUV3 hosts themselves (like apeMatrix handles routing) so that users can patch in other apps to modulate sounds in crazy ways!

• Seems to be fairly competent mono synth and the modulation options look quite ok...
    (how many modulation lanes do we get? can each of them run at their own speeds?).

I'll definitely keep en eye out for this!

• More info from their website:

VAMono is a virtual analog monophonic synthesizer inspired by iconic monophonic analog synthesizers of 80’s. The oscillators are capable of wide variety of modulation to shape the sound before the filtering stage. Pitch, shape and pulse width can be modulated by LFO, ADSR envelope. Xmod and Ring modulation offers audio rate modulation. Hard Sync offers a characteristic sync sound. Filter section and Amplifier offers classic sound of the iconic analog synthesizer of 80’s. Amp section additionally offers amplitude modulation followed by distortion and delay effect. VAMono offers built-in 64 step sequencer to sequence notes and parameters. Synthesizer and Sequencer can be used as an AudioUnit Extension (AUv3) or Stand Alone. Stand Alone Mode supports Ableton Link, Bluetooth MIDI and MIDI IN/OUT.

Oscillators

VAMono features two digital oscillators which are capable of generating continuously variable wave shapes from triangle, saw to square. Oscillator 1 also generate sub for deep bass sound. Variety of modulation can be applied to shape the sound before the filtering stage.

Filter and Amplifier

The Filter and Amplifier are virtual analog and inspired by an iconic analog monophonic synthesizer of 80’s and inherit the characteristic behavior. This filter and amplifier are unique and different from conventional filter and amplifier and produces distinctive sound.

Sequencer

VAMono features 64 step sequencer to sequence notes and parameters. Loop length can be set from 1 bar to 4 bars. This sequencer can output MIDI to control external devices.

Main Features

AudioUnit Extension (AUv3)

Virtual Analog Monophonic Synthesizer features two oscillators, one LFO, one lowpass filter, three envelope generator, one amplifier, distortion and delay effect.
    Oscillators are capable of producing continuously variable wave shapes and offers variety of modulation.
    Two Amp Envelopes, Gate and ADSR. ADSR envelope is analog style non-linear envelope generator.
    24 dB per octave lowpass filter and amplifier produces characteristic sound of iconic analog synthesizer in 80’s
    LFO provides seven wave shapes and can be synced with tempo.
    Distortion and delay effects are included.
    Sample accurate 64 step sequencer capable of sequencing notes and parameter automation.
    Synthesizer and sequencer work as AudioUnit Extension (AUv3) and as Stand Alone.
    MIDI input and output
    60 factory patches

Stand Alone (AU Host Application)

Support Ableton Link
    Support Bluetooth MIDI
    MIDI input and output

System Requirements

iOS 14.2 or later

Specifications

Synthesizer

Oscillators

• Continuously variable wave shape (triangle, sawtooth, square)
    • Sub: Square, one octave lower (oscillator 1)
    • Pulse width for triangle and square (oscillator 1)
    • Pulse width for square (oscillator 2)
    • Hard Sync (oscillator 1 to oscillator 2)
    • Keyboard on/off (oscillator 2)
    • Low frequency mode (oscillator 2)
    • Tuning +/- 24 semitones
    • Fine tuning +/- 50 cents (oscillator 2)

LFO

• Wave shape: sine, saw, down saw, square, triangle, random
    • Frequency Range: From 0.04Hz to 42.2Hz
    • Frequency modulation by ADSR envelope
    • Amplitude modulation by ADSR envelope

ADSR Envelope

• Attack time: From1ms to 6 sec
    • Decay time: From 1ms to 10 sec
    • Sustain level: From 0 to 100%
    • Release time: From 1ms to 10 sec

Modulation

• LFO: frequency, shape, pulse width, amplitude
    • Env: frequency, shape, pulse width, LFO frequency and amplitude
    • Xmod: frequency and shape
    • Ring: oscillator 1 output and oscillator 2 output
    • Frequency modulation mode: linear / exponential

Filter

• Low pass filter: 24 dB per octave
    • Filter envelope: adjustable decay and accent

Amplifier

• Envelope: gate / ADSR
    • Amplitude modulation by LFO

Effects

• Distortion with tone control

Delay Effect

Delay Time

• Range from 20ms to 1200ms

Feedback

• Range from 0% to 100%

Mix

• Range from 0% to 100%

Highpass Filter

• Range from 20Hz to 500Hz

Lowpass Filter

• Range from 1000Hz to 20000Hz

LFO Frequency

• Range from 0.01Hz to 10Hz

LFO Intensity

• Range from 0.0 to 1.0 (from 0ms to +/- 10ms)

Effect Switch

• ON or OFF

Sync Switch

• ON or OFF

Frequency Range

• From 0Hz to 22.05KHz (effect)

Controllers

• Modulation Wheel
    • Pitch Bend Wheel

Sequencer

• 64 Step Sequencer
    • Loop Length: from 1 bar to 4 bars
    • Tempo: 20 BPM to 999 BPM
    • Host Sync: On and Off

Source: http://rtmusicsoftware.com/products/vamono/

• Might have to update to iOS 14.2 for this.

• edited December 2020

In the "continuously variable wave shapes" oscillator market, it will be up against AD Continua, which really excels in this area, so it will be interesting to see what sets this one apart.

• Oh come on iOS 14.2 ... no way I’m gonna update. Maybe this is the first synth that I will not have for iOS😂😂😂

• Just wrote to him hoping that he will consider us iOS 13.7 users

• iPadOS14.3 should be out next week or so...

This app looks like a software version of the UNOSynth on roids :)
    Especially if all parameters can have a modulation sequence.

From the demos it does seem that it has a sound of it's own which is quite appealing to my ears...

• @Samu said:
    iPadOS14.3 should be out next week or so...

This app looks like a software version of the UNOSynth on roids :)
    Especially if all parameters can have a modulation sequence.

From the demos it does seem that it has a sound of it's own which is quite appealing to my ears...

So is safe to update? Io have ton of synths (a lot of iaa only) and I would be really disappointed if they will not work anymore on iOS 14😂

• @Charlesalbert said:

So is safe to update? Io have ton of synths (a lot of iaa only) and I would be really disappointed if they will not work anymore on iOS 14😂

I'm going to update since I'm already on 14.2 and from what I've heard many of the AUv3 niggles seem to be sorted out.

I have a bunch of IAA apps that I still use from time to time (to sample Gadget in BM3 as an example) or use SIdTracker64 in AUM and have not bumped into any major issues. I just launch the IAA apps before making connections to them.

For example Roland removed iOS Sound Canvas from the AppStore stating iSO14 incompatibility but it's working perfectly fine on my iPhone 8 running iOS14.2.

Results may vary but for me personally it's ok on both iPad and iPhone but I can not take responsibility for other peoples devices...

I am in a process of reducing the number of apps installed in hope that it will make it easier for me to focus.

If I had to pick one iOS synth that sounds somewhat similar to this VAMono it would be DRC.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Charlesalbert said:

I'm going to update since I'm already on 14.2 and from what I've heard many of the AUv3 niggles seem to be sorted out.

I have a bunch of IAA apps that I still use from time to time (to sample Gadget in BM3 as an example) or use SIdTracker64 in AUM and have not bumped into any major issues. I just launch the IAA apps before making connections to them.

For example Roland removed iOS Sound Canvas from the AppStore stating iSO14 incompatibility but it's working perfectly fine on my iPhone 8 running iOS14.2.

Results may vary but for me personally it's ok on both iPad and iPhone but I can not take responsibility for other peoples devices...

I am in a process of reducing the number of apps installed in hope that it will make it easier for me to focus.

If I had to pick one iOS synth that sounds somewhat similar to this VAMono it would be DRC.

Cheers!

Thanks for all the details.

You are everytime so kind and precious.

Thanks again.

• Yeah, I'm holding out on upgrading to 14 for now. There are Core Midi issues too with apps like Patch Base. So, hopefully, that will be fixed before this comes out.

• My money is good and ready for this one

• Cool. Just seeing this.