Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

1st time posting music

Hello, first thing I've posted that I'd consider even remotely finished ( well , it is finished because I don't know what else to do to it. )
Any criticisms happily accepted.
Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen.
Cheers
Kin

Comments

• Very nice! I like the mellow vibe throughout. I will admit you almost lost me during the first 20 seconds, then the guitar sound came in and I decided to stick it out. Happy I did! Care to share what gear/apps you used? All iOS?

• Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment.

All IOS, just about everything was done in AUM using Atom or Fugue machine into bs-16i and SoundFonts with effects added using mostly Bram Bos Kosmonaut and Blue Mangoo stratmoshere.

Then the various bits and pieces carted off to Auria pro to arrange and add some Fab filter stuff.

The first bit almost didn't stay in but I thought the contrast with the tense sounding start made the switch to mellow more interesting.

• @kin said:
    Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment.

All IOS, just about everything was done in AUM using Atom or Fugue machine into bs-16i and SoundFonts with effects added using mostly Bram Bos Kosmonaut and Blue Mangoo stratmoshere.

Then the various bits and pieces carted off to Auria pro to arrange and add some Fab filter stuff.

The first bit almost didn't stay in but I thought the contrast with the tense sounding start made the switch to mellow more interesting.

Cool! What kind of “bits and pieces” are we talking about here? Are you using AUM’s built in recorder to record the various parts?

• I used AUMs built in recorder over numerous sessions, using the same key and tempo, each session was usually only three or four lanes in AUM , I then brought the individual tracks into Auria to try and piece something together.

" bits and pieces " sometimes only very small parts of a single track were used, there is a single chord played repeatedly under one section that was originally part of a progression recorded with three other tracks but I only kept that one chord.

There is very little left from the first drafts of the tune, over the last few months it has been anywhere between three minutes to ten minutes long, I just kept going back to it, adding and taking away.

• @kin said:

Hello, first thing I've posted that I'd consider even remotely finished ( well , it is finished because I don't know what else to do to it. )
    Any criticisms happily accepted.
    Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen.
    Cheers
    Kin

Very nice!

• Nice ambient sounds. Ending is cut off abruptly?
    I was using a similar work flow...make audio loops, bits and pieces in AUM or gadget, then arrange in Auria Pro, but lately I’m trying to start and finish in Auria.

• You have a good ear for selecting interesting sounds... the overall mix is clean and has an excellent sonic image with nice use of FX. I'm going to follow your SoundCloud account for more of these.

I'd love to hear a collaboration of this as a backing track for @LinearLineman to improvise over. It's a perfect sonic landscape to inspire him. He would just need an audio track to import or ideally a pre-loaded Cubasis 2 or 3 project file.

• @espiegel123 Thank you!

@McM Ending cuts off abruptly, yes. I'm a novice at finishing things off properly, most of what I do gets abandoned so there's not much call for the niceties lol

@McD Thanks for the kind words and the follow, though you may be waiting some time for more, given my past output :)
    I'd love to hear what someone else could do with it, I'd have to look into how to share the audio file as I've never done that.

• @kin said:
    @McD Thanks for the kind words and the follow, though you may be waiting some time for more, given my past output :)
    I'd love to hear what someone else could do with it, I'd have to look into how to share the audio file as I've never done that.

I PM'ed you (a "Private Message" here on the forum). You'll see a Red number on the mail icon in the upper right hand corner of the forum.

• @kin, you download a free Dropbox account to share your stuff. Simple as that. Audioshare works, too.

• Thanks @LinearLineman I’ve dusted off my old Dropbox account and I seem to have been able to send the file to the Audio files folder.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Well done @kin Maybe a little bass or drums to fill out the low end a little More, other then that I enjoyed it.