Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi-Multi-Port and iOS Sequencers

Is there any seqencer for iOS which is capable of adressing more than one MIDI ports?
Im a little bit low on MIDI channels...

Comments

• most sequencers would do this if you are talking about hardware devices (e.g. usb midi interface)

• No, they can't or I am clueless. Or didn't formulate it right...

I have a ESI M4U XL (4 x Midi In/Out), so I should be able to control MIDI 64 channels?
    So I can see the ESI in the MIDI config of i.e. Beatmaker2 but I can't address more than 16 channels.

So, yes, you are right @midiSequencer - I can plug multiple devices via MIDI but how can I control them via MiDI if i have too few MIDI channels?

Or am I missing something?

• not aware of coreMidi being able to address anything other than midi channels 1 to 16 - I thought most devices split these into different ports.
    e.g. I have a roland/edirol UM1 - 2 midi ports out 1 midi port in. Each output port appears as a distinct endpoint - meaning that it should appear in the list of available outputs in your app (it does in my app midiSequencer v1.5).
    so your 64 distinct midi channels should be available if you can see the 4 outputs of the esi in your app - but each one would still be channel 1 to 16.

• Maybe this is just a problem between me and BM2 as I am not able to send (didn't try to recieve) MIDI exclusively to, let's say Port 2, Channel 3.
    All devices on every port with this channel will sound.

• @midiSequencer: Thank you very much for you kind help.

I already wanted to have taken a closer look at midiSequencer as I very much likely going to buy any app from any developer showing up here and beeing responsive and helpful ...

And I just see that itunes-Cards are 15% off this week in Germany... (normaly 20%, but good enough)

• Looks like Cubasis can selectively route MIDI tracks to different ports. Bm2 not so much. We don't seem to have a dedicated full song sequencer. I'd love something like a QX5 multi-rackable.

• @StalkerBJ thanks :) always glad to help
    @dwarman - and something that is not so heavy on cpu too. Ipad isn't a PC DAW replacement (yet) - but at least the software & hardware are evolving.
    I notice midiBus (the library I am using for midiSequencer) supports MTC - so I might add that too.