Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ODYSSEi Examples and Discussion

In another discussion a couple of us were talking about OdysseI and whether other virtual analog synths on iOS have supplanted. To me it has a certain character that is unique and very satisfying to me that make it well worth having. It may just be quirk in my tastes.

But I wanted to start this thread for OdysseI lovers or the ODYSSEi curious.

These sound examples aren't songs/compositions -- just a series of examples of patches I've created that I don't feel would have been as satisfying to me in other apps. Apologies for all the reverb and delay.

Each section is a single voice. No overdubbing:

I love the growl of the basses:

Understood that not everyone will agree.

Comments

  • I use ODYSSEi/Lexington a lot. They did a good job at the modeling, it’s got a nice rough edge to it.
    My go-to in Gadget for ‘analog’ (more than iMonoPoly, which I do like). Still wish they’d included the arp/sequencer in Lexington.

    Jamming ODYSSEi:

    4 x ODYSSEi/Lexington

  • @R_2 said:
    I use ODYSSEi/Lexington a lot. They did a good job at the modeling, it’s got a nice rough edge to it.
    My go-to in Gadget for ‘analog’ (more than iMonoPoly, which I do like). Still wish they’d included the arp/sequencer in Lexington.

    Jamming ODYSSEi:

    4 x ODYSSEi/Lexington

    Nice!

  • You guys have got me wishing for an AUv3 Odyssei all over again.

    Damn it!

  • Cool!
    Would you mind sharing these patches (or at least screenshots maybe) of them @espiegel123 & @R_2?
    Thanks!

  • edited November 20

    OdysseyI is one of the best analog emulations on ios imo. Korg did an incredible job there. AU would make it my most used synth easily. It’s the only synth I still use standalone

  • @espiegel123 said:
    In another discussion a couple of us were talking about OdysseI and whether other virtual analog synths on iOS have supplanted. To me it has a certain character that is unique and very satisfying to me that make it well worth having. It may just be quirk in my tastes.

    But I wanted to start this thread for OdysseI lovers or the ODYSSEi curious.

    These sound examples aren't songs/compositions -- just a series of examples of patches I've created that I don't feel would have been as satisfying to me in other apps. Apologies for all the reverb and delay.

    Each section is a single voice. No overdubbing:

    Great patch at 1:33.

  • @tk32 said:
    You guys have got me wishing for an AUv3 Odyssei all over again.

    Damn it!

    👆🏻

  • agree 100%. absolute favorite and most used synth on iOS and in Gadget.
    saving up for the hardware version ..one of the re-issues .. though not sure which yet.

  • Yeah, this the only thing Korg has ever done that I've really liked and felt no buyers remorse toward. Just not a Korg person reallt...usually not enough character to their synths.

  • Also, when used in Gadget, the Lexington module retains the superb built in effects of the ODYSSEiiiiiëiöiëi app. In general I’ve stopped using Gadget’s own effects because they don’t carry through when I export the tracks one by one as audio tracks to then place into Auria (where I’ll use Auria effects instead). But with Lexington, I treat it’s own effects as part of the instrument, and they’re really good.

  • R_2R_2
    edited November 21

    @rs2000 said:
    Cool!
    Would you mind sharing these patches (or at least screenshots maybe) of them @espiegel123 & @R_2?
    Thanks!

    Both of these recordings are from 2016. unfortunately don’t have the first patch anymore, but remember it was the arp/sequencer controlling the cutoff and phaser, etc.
    Second recording is from Gadget. You can download the Gadget project file here:
    https://we.tl/t-aNdri5Se1U
    (Unzip and move to: On my iPad > Korg Gadget or iCloud Drive > Korg Gadget).
    Track 1 & 2 have my own patch ‘Repeat Pluck’ (which you could ‘save as’) , track 4 & 5 are factory presets.

  • @rs2000 : I'll try to get the patches up in the next few days... but some of the sounds were on-the-fly modifications of presets I made.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    @rs2000 : I'll try to get the patches up in the next few days... but some of the sounds were on-the-fly modifications of presets I made.

    Sounds good! And indeed I might have a hard time doing some of your examples with Zeeon. 🤔

  • @rs2000 said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    @rs2000 : I'll try to get the patches up in the next few days... but some of the sounds were on-the-fly modifications of presets I made.

    Sounds good! And indeed I might have a hard time doing some of your examples with Zeeon. 🤔

    The ARP Odyssey was a deeper synth than one often realizes. It’s interesting FM possibilities are much overlooked (even by people that have them). And I think KORG did a great job giving the oscillators some of the unique character of the hardware. (The Odyssey’s 1-oscillator baby brother was my first synth). Some of these synths are as different as strats and les Pauls ... both great instruments and each has a character the other sometimes can’t emulate.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    @rs2000 : I'll try to get the patches up in the next few days... but some of the sounds were on-the-fly modifications of presets I made.

    Sounds good! And indeed I might have a hard time doing some of your examples with Zeeon. 🤔

    I forgot that Odyssei has no patch export! This zip has some screenshots from Odyssei and two Gadget Lexington patches. I'll send you a link (temporary) as PM since it is too big to post to the forum.

Sign In or Register to comment.