Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG iM1 pros and cons

2»

Comments

• @Kashi said:
    P.S - I have bought all the M1 IAPs, because I love the sounds so much :)
    Just find the app really awkward to use

Any synth from that era was (and still is) awkward to use... you just had to get used to it ;)
    (just take your time and things will reveal) o:)

• @R_2 said:

In the preset browser you need to tap on a preset name twice, otherwise it’ll go back to the previously selected preset once you go to another page.
    iM1 is a bit illogical in this regard. They did a better job with iWavestation.

Ok, so I'm not just imagining things! Phew. Thanks @R_2

And thanks @Telefunky for your reply - appreciate all the help folks

• Thank you @anickt for your tutorial! Above and beyond help there.

• @Kashi said:

@R_2 said:

In the preset browser you need to tap on a preset name twice, otherwise it’ll go back to the previously selected preset once you go to another page.
    iM1 is a bit illogical in this regard. They did a better job with iWavestation.

Ok, so I'm not just imagining things! Phew. Thanks @R_2

And thanks @Telefunky for your reply - appreciate all the help folks

Tapping once in the preset browser gives you a preview. Tapping twice makes the selected preset active. It actually makes sense since it avoids changing the currently active preset until you confirm.

• @kinkujin said:
    Thank you @anickt for your tutorial! Above and beyond help there.

No prob! B)

• Another M1 question: I’ve bought all the available additional packs, so why are they often greyed out when I try to access the sounds?

• edited January 28

@Kashi Have you tried using “Restore Purchases” in the IM1 “Store”?

• Thanks @toneman88 that has worked.

Come to think of it, I’ve solved this same issue on the M1 by “restoring purchases” in the past .

Kind of a pain in the ass if I need to keep doing it. Anyone know why it’s happening? A bug?

• @Kashi said:
    Thanks @toneman88 that has worked.

Come to think of it, I’ve solved this same issue on the M1 by “restoring purchases” in the past .

Kind of a pain in the ass if I need to keep doing it. Anyone know why it’s happening? A bug?

Never had to restore purchases unless app was deleted and re-installed.

• It happened to me after upgrading my iPad. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• wimwim
    edited January 28

This might happen if the app was "offloaded" during an upgrade to free up enough space. Offloading apps doesn't lose any data such as presets, but it does sometimes make you restore purchases.

@Kashi - you shouldn't have to keep doing it. If it comes back then there's something wrong. If so the first thing I'd check is that "Offload Apps to Save Space" isn't enabled under iOS Settings > General > Device Storage

• R_2R_2
    edited January 28

@Kashi said:
    Another M1 question: I’ve bought all the available additional packs, so why are they often greyed out when I try to access the sounds?

There’s nothing wrong. You’ve hit the “MULTI SOUND” button to select a sample from the samples browser (not the presets). Some cards don’t have multi-samples and are therefore greyed out.

• Thanks @R_2 - you're right! Apologies for late response

• I still think iM1 is the least intuitive synth to navigate...