Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OXI ONE hardware sequencer .

Comments

• edited November 2020

Their Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHAdHJwJkSRjQI3e7biuXYQ

From the site:
    https://oxiinstruments.com/

Use it as composition tool with your favourite DAW
    Take control of your Modular rig: 8 Cvs and 8 Gates fully configurable, 1 modulation Cv input
    Bluetooth to unlock wireless power. Control awesome apps in your tablet, smartphone or any other BLE MIDI device.
    MIDI routing from/to USB, TRS, BLE and Cvs.
    5 Sync modes and dedicated Clock I/O

Store up to 15 projects with up to 16 patterns for all the sequences
    Live arranger with song view let’s you arrange and chain patterns visually
    Performing keyboard with arpeggiator and chord triggering
    UNDO function to the rescue
    64 steps per sequence

Compact dimensions: 36 x 14 cm
    Only 1.5 cm thick
    Premium anodized aluminium case and knobs
    Bright OLED display
    USB C port

Get instant musical results with a fully controllable randomizer.

Humanization
    Variation control
    Density control
    Scale and root randomization

On the go global sequence randomization:

Velocity randomization
    Octave randomization
    Triggering probability
    Retriggering (ratchets) randomization

Handy tools you always missed at your disposal:

Instant loop function
    Extend/zoom, duplicate and move your patterns in all directions
    One LFO per sequence with assignable destination
    Configure all LFO and CVs parameters and options from their respective menus

• This vs Squarp Puramid?

• edited November 2020

@Telstar5 said:
    This vs Squarp Puramid?

Hmm, I think the Polyend Seq is more apt for comparison.

The Pyramid has a much more robust sequencer engine + midi fx. This oxi one on the other hand has more CV.

• Looks cool. I love hardware sequencers.

• @Apex said:
    Looks cool. I love hardware sequencers.

Me too!

• @aleyas said:

@Telstar5 said:
    This vs Squarp Puramid?

Hmm, I think the Polyend Seq is more apt for comparison.

The Pyramid has a much more robust sequencer engine + midi fx. This oxi one on the other hand has more CV.

Thanks!

• Well this piece of hardware is coming along

• Bumping this, the campaign just launched yesterday.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/oxi-one-powerful-sequencer-midi-controller

Far too hyped to get my hands on this, have super high hopes for it.

I'm getting this a replacement for the ksp in my euro setup but then yesterday I find out it also has rechargeable battery and Bluetooth midi to make it a perfect match with an iPad chef's kiss

Anyone else on board?

• edited May 2021

Mmm, the main thing that’d hold me back from a purchase is the lack of modulation outputs. In that regard it’s lacking compared to Beatstep / Keystep Pro and the Korg SQ-64 - all of which have velocity/mod CV outs. Of course, this can be somewhat mitigated by triggering envelopes with the gate outs, but its not really ideal. Though, if you’re just sequencing midi than its a non-issue. Other than that, the Oxi looks like a pretty solid (generative) CV sequencer.

If I were to get any of the hardware CV/Midi sequencers at the moment I’m leaning more heavily toward the KSP.

• ΟΧΙ

• @aleyas said:
    Mmm, the main thing that’d hold me back from a purchase is the lack of modulation outputs. In that regard it’s lacking compared to Beatstep / Keystep Pro and the Korg SQ-64 - all of which have velocity/mod CV outs. Of course, this can be somewhat mitigated by triggering envelopes with the gate outs, but its not really ideal. Though, if you’re just sequencing midi than its a non-issue. Other than that, the Oxi looks like a pretty solid (generative) CV sequencer.

If I were to get any of the hardware CV/Midi sequencers at the moment I’m leaning more heavily toward the KSP.

The beauty of this thing is that you can configure the outputs of this to be whatever you like; pitch, velocity, lfo, random and I think there is even ad envelopes.

(The detuned osc that comes in halfway through breaks my soul)

But yeah, I have the ksp and it’s good but has a lot of really quirky bugs/odd behaviour. For the money it’s hard to beat and I’m still hopeful that the 2.0 update will clear up a lot of the headaches. That being said, if the OXI lives up to what it says it is, it will provide way beyond what the ksp can or ever could

• I debated this one, but my favorite kit for sequencing Eurorack has been my Polyend Poly2 using my iPad. That plus all midi AUs and miRack is a perfect combo. I'll expand with Hexinverter Mutant Brain in the future for additional tracks and gates.

• @ronnieb said:

@aleyas said:

The beauty of this thing is that you can configure the outputs of this to be whatever you like; pitch, velocity, lfo, random and I think there is even ad envelopes.

(The detuned osc that comes in halfway through breaks my soul)

But yeah, I have the ksp and it’s good but has a lot of really quirky bugs/odd behaviour. For the money it’s hard to beat and I’m still hopeful that the 2.0 update will clear up a lot of the headaches. That being said, if the OXI lives up to what it says it is, it will provide way beyond what the ksp can or ever could

Oh I missed that the outputs are configurable. That changes a lot!
    I used to be all hardware, so a few years ago I probably would have been all over the Oxi. But after moving to a new country, the last couple years I’ve been leaning hard into software, and Drambo for the past year. ‘Starting over’, so to speak, Drambo + ES8 would be my ideal sequencer for hardware. Just damn hard to get ahold of those Expert Sleepers gear where I am.

• Carlos of the Oxi team has been very active on forums. He responds to questions and comments fairly quickly.

The Super early bird perk is sold out.

The Indiegogo site has been updated with several stretch goals.

• Interesting. The harmonizer concept is something I have been keen on for a while.

• @soundtemple said:
    Interesting. The harmonizer concept is something I have been keen on for a while.

Yeah, it looks like a more controllable version of the OP-Z’s Master track. Which I love.

• @ronnieb said:
    Bumping this, the campaign just launched yesterday.

I'm getting this a replacement for the ksp in my euro setup but then yesterday I find out it also has rechargeable battery and Bluetooth midi to make it a perfect match with an iPad chef's kiss

Anyone else on board?

Where would you use it that makes those features stand above the ones on, say, the Polyend Seq?

• @ashh said:

@ronnieb said:
    Bumping this, the campaign just launched yesterday.

Anyone else on board?

Where would you use it that makes those features stand above the ones on, say, the Polyend Seq?

I haven't any first hand experience with the PE Seq but I did look into it a bit when it came out. I'm sure it's been massively updated/upgraded since then so I'm not sure if I could make a fair comparison.

From what I remember though, the seq isn't exactly a super deep sequence (relatively speaking) but rather I think it's a bit of a design project as apposed to pushing the boundaries of sequencing.

I do think they are quite different bits of kit. Oxi is very portable, the seq is definitely not.
    Then there's the differences in workflow which seem vast but to mention a couple bits: the obvious harmonizer mode, vastly more connectivity options, rechargeable battery, far more generative options and tbh in general seems to be a lot more performative and flexible to various workflows.

Just look at the sequencer functionality in oxi for example: you've four independent sequencers but you can select how each sequencer works, whether it's a mono track, chord track or the wildest one, the multitrack one. So this means you could set each sequencer to be a multitrack and control up to 32 channels. It's funny, the sequencer that oxi reminds me of the most is actually StepPolyArp, still very very different but the chord mode and generative sequencing options definitely cross paths with SPA a bit.

The oxi is also a good bit cheaper, especially atm with the campaign pricing.

I'm sure there a loads of things seq can do that the oxi can't, I just haven't kept up with its development at all. And that leads me to the last point and the most intriguing part for me, which is that fact that Oxi have been so incredibly responsive to feedback and suggestions so far (maybe not @blueveek levels yet but damn close). From what I've heard from friends and read online, this seems to be a pretty big pain point with Polyend.