Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Should I get Korg Gadget now it's on sale?

Comments

• @Pxlhg oh yeah I just meant Gadget lol. I still have no friggin idea how to use Live (would just use Reason if using a desktop still) - but my favorite thing about Gadget is that it’s very “Reason-esque “ in the way you can automate almost all knobs and buttons on the Gadgets.

Have also plugged a guitar into it and it’s not the worst amp sim I’ve heard. It’s just too bad you can’t really edit anything you record :(

• @iammane said:
    @Pxlhg oh yeah I just meant Gadget lol. I still have no friggin idea how to use Live (would just use Reason if using a desktop still) - but my favorite thing about Gadget is that it’s very “Reason-esque “ in the way you can automate almost all knobs and buttons on the Gadgets.

Have also plugged a guitar into it and it’s not the worst amp sim I’ve heard. It’s just too bad you can’t really edit anything you record :(

Is there no count-in for record live? Ha ha, I just played with Miami a bit, Agonizer who!? it asked :D :D

• @Pxlhg said:

@iammane said:
    @Pxlhg oh yeah I just meant Gadget lol. I still have no friggin idea how to use Live (would just use Reason if using a desktop still) - but my favorite thing about Gadget is that it’s very “Reason-esque “ in the way you can automate almost all knobs and buttons on the Gadgets.

Is there no count-in for record live? Ha ha, I just played with Miami a bit, Agonizer who!? it asked :D :D

But sure there is. It's a hidden setting though: iOS Settings > Gadget > Metronome Count-in

You can also have multiple patterns, each with different lengths, that will record audio or MIDI in sequence and be cut to these lengths automatically.

• edited November 2020

@rs2000 said:
    But sure there is. It's a hidden setting though: iOS Settings > Gadget > Metronome Count-in

You can also have multiple patterns, each with different lengths, that will record audio or MIDI in sequence and be cut to these lengths automatically.

Thank you, it was set to 1 bar but it doesn’t start on the test recordings I tried. I couldn’t find it in the manual either but I have become a sloppy (read old) reader. Will check again.

• @Pxlhg said:

@rs2000 said:

Thank you, it was set to 1 bar but it doesn’t start on the test recordings I tried. I couldn’t find it in the manual either but I have become a sloppy (read old) reader. Will check again.

Try disabling Link.

• @wim said:

@Pxlhg said:

@rs2000 said:

Try disabling Link.

Hmm this is the third time in short you've come to my rescue. Feels like I owe you (if you need some graphic assistance, for a cover what ever - give me a holler (check my instagram, same handle(Pxlhg) but if you're not into fractals you wont find much) ). Anyway I was just about to ask so, super-grateful, Thank you.

• @Pxlhg said:

@wim said:

@Pxlhg said:

@rs2000 said:

Try disabling Link.

Hmm this is the third time in short you've come to my rescue. Feels like I owe you (if you need some graphic assistance, for a cover what ever - give me a holler (check my instagram, same handle(Pxlhg) but if you're not into fractals you wont find much) ). Anyway I was just about to ask so, super-grateful, Thank you.

No problemo - that's what we're all here for. 👍🏼

• Can anyone tell me if the IAPs in Korg Gadget are also on sale currently please? I have trawled the internet for hours, and tried many different permutations of the words "Gadget" "Vancouver" "Sale" "Korg" "IAP", but nowhere can I find confirmation that the other modules are also on sale. Vancouver, the one I'm most interested in, is currently £9.99, but it's not at all clear whether this is a sale price, or the usual price. Thanks in advance!

• @Kashi said:
    Can anyone tell me if the IAPs in Korg Gadget are also on sale currently please? I have trawled the internet for hours, and tried many different permutations of the words "Gadget" "Vancouver" "Sale" "Korg" "IAP", but nowhere can I find confirmation that the other modules are also on sale. Vancouver, the one I'm most interested in, is currently £9.99, but it's not at all clear whether this is a sale price, or the usual price. Thanks in advance!

They are - that’s normally 14.99.

• Great, thanks @iammane !

• Just bought iWavestation. Awesome. I am playing skijam while listening to a presentation.

Looks like it comes with the IAPs too? Cards 1-6 and KLC were the IAPs I think, they work for me without a further purchase. (I have only tried standalone so far, not gadget)

• What is the difference between the standalone version of Korg Mono/Poly and the gadget Montpellier in Korg gadget? Exact same synth or not?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What is the difference between the standalone version of Korg Mono/Poly and the gadget Montpellier in Korg gadget? Exact same synth or not?

You cannot purchase Mono/poly as an IAP in Gadget you purchase the stand alone app which unlocks it in Gadget so it is the same thing as far as I know.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What is the difference between the standalone version of Korg Mono/Poly and the gadget Montpellier in Korg gadget? Exact same synth or not?

Montpellier doesn't have the Kaoss pads and the synth panel is split into a Synth and Amp page. No big deal IMHO, unlike Odyssei which lacks the arpeggiator inside Gadget.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Something I just noticed... was the random patch button always on Milpitas?

• @iammane said:
    Something I just noticed... was the random patch button always on Milpitas?

Whaaat? Why have I never noticed that? Excellent! 😃💃🏻🕺

• @rs2000 said:

@iammane said:

How did you missed it? It was the thing everybody ‘played’ with at release :)
    I wish the randomizer also included the IAP waves, its only selecting waves from the base Rom11.

• @R_2 said:

@rs2000 said:

@iammane said:

How did you missed it? It was the thing everybody ‘played’ with at release :)
    I wish the randomizer also included the IAP waves, its only selecting waves from the base Rom11.

I instantly jumped to the wave sequencer and browsed through the endless waveforms so I forgot everything around it 😅

• edited November 2020

I finally picked this up after putting it off for multiple sales. It sure is easy and fun to throw stuff together. I wish Ampify Groovebox had the same style clip launcher as Gadget.

• For $20 it's definitely worth getting.

I like everything about it except putting a full song together. There is no timeline/arrange view/song mode etc. Easy to put loops together, PITA to make a song out of them.

It's not my primary tool on iOS for this reason, but it's a nice change of pace and I use it regularly.

• It's the best Walled Garden on IOS. Only MIDI escapes or enters from the external world.
    We should all try to get the best in any category.

Reason Compact is cheaper and easier to learn/master.

• @dustgod said:
    For $20 it's definitely worth getting.

I like everything about it except putting a full song together. There is no timeline/arrange view/song mode etc. Easy to put loops together, PITA to make a song out of them.

It's not my primary tool on iOS for this reason, but it's a nice change of pace and I use it regularly.

I find it easier to put a full song together than when using a linear timeline: You can drag sections up and down to wherever you want and you can set a number of repeats for each section, plus odd beat meters inside the same song.
    On a linear timeline, that would be a lot of split, cut, paste and move operations.

• @rs2000 said:

@dustgod said:

I find it easier to put a full song together than when using a linear timeline: You can drag sections up and down to wherever you want and you can set a number of repeats for each section, plus odd beat meters inside the same song.
    On a linear timeline, that would be a lot of split, cut, paste and move operations.

Exactly. Gadget’s ‘song mode’ Is fine for me once I got used to the vertical workflow. I often make a full scene which I copy a few times and then mute specific tracks in the scenes to create variations. Works really fast that way.

• @BCKeys said:

@Sandstorm said:

@BCKeys said:

@Sandstorm said:

@BCKeys said:

@Sandstorm said:

@BCKeys said:
    https://soundcloud.com/booh-yahh/antibodies

I'm not used to sharing what I do but this is a cover in progress, for a friend who gives guitar lessons and who will use it for a next concert with his students. Well, for the moment, confinement, no lessons and no concert in sight...
    In short, it's not mixed, not finished, needs a lot of adjustments and humanization for drums, well in the state of a model and the guitar part is disastrous (hey I’m not a real guitarist ! 😃)
    But the idea is here, just to show that we can make something else than ambient with Gadget 😉

And again, to me covering is really a good way to progress because it forces ear training to notes, sounds, mix, mastering etc love it !

Edit : the original is here https://youtu.be/F2t_jIhQLjE

I tried clicking on the soundcloud link and it says item is not there or been removed.

@Sandstorm said:

@BCKeys said:
    https://soundcloud.com/booh-yahh/antibodies

I'm not used to sharing what I do but this is a cover in progress, for a friend who gives guitar lessons and who will use it for a next concert with his students. Well, for the moment, confinement, no lessons and no concert in sight...
    In short, it's not mixed, not finished, needs a lot of adjustments and humanization for drums, well in the state of a model and the guitar part is disastrous (hey I’m not a real guitarist ! 😃)
    But the idea is here, just to show that we can make something else than ambient with Gadget 😉

And again, to me covering is really a good way to progress because it forces ear training to notes, sounds, mix, mastering etc love it !

Edit : the original is here https://youtu.be/F2t_jIhQLjE

I tried clicking on the soundcloud link and it says item is not there or been removed.

Oh sorry, it was my first try on SoundCloud, now it should be ok .. I hope 😋

That was really cool! I think your selling yourself short here. I really enjoyed your cover and the original.

Oh thank you so much @Sandstorm, it is much appreciated 😊

The trick is that I spend a lot more time playing with friends or working on my technique, so I use very basic mixing equipment (I use $10 headphones.. lol)

I have a friend who's a sound engineer and he's the one who takes care of mastering when I have more serious projects.

Buuut I plan to equip myself very soon in any case!

And yes, Poni Hoax is a great band, in the vein of Phoenix, Tahiti80, George Kaplan etc..

Was it the George Kaplan conspiracy you were talking about?

I just had a listen to their song Again, Really, really love the song so you have put me onto someone new to listen to!

Ohhh Im sorry it took me so long to answer, so you know G.K. Conspiracy ?
    I think we share the same taste for music ☺️

Only found them through your posts on here and I must say what a gem! That's what I love about this forum, there's a ton of helpful knowledgeable people like you who make using the Ipad for music great fun.

I probably have shall we say a vintage taste in music most of the time, bands like Ultravox, John Foxx, Depeche mode, OMD, Japan, Simple minds etc are what I grew up with and still listen to this day so when I here something a bit left field and not chart orientated that sounds unique it restores my faith in music!

• @R_2 said:

@rs2000 said:

@dustgod said:

Exactly. Gadget’s ‘song mode’ Is fine for me once I got used to the vertical workflow. I often make a full scene which I copy a few times and then mute specific tracks in the scenes to create variations. Works really fast that way.

Similar here. If I make a verse, then an interrupty briefness, then a verse, then a chorus then a chorus, on the face of it it’s a few bits of tedious copying and dragging, but on the other hand it means that the verses and choruses don’t have to be identical and I’ll nearly always make them different by progressing the build depending how far they are though the song, or even simply recording new takes of some parts to make sure they’re slightly different in some ways.

• So I bit the bullet and bought Gadget 2, it's like Caustic 3 on steroids! Really loving it so thanks for everyone's input :D

• @Sandstorm said:
    So I bit the bullet and bought Gadget 2, it's like Caustic 3 on steroids! Really loving it so thanks for everyone's input :D

Welcome to the club 😉
    Do you happen to work with breakbeats and/or have a ReCycle loops collection (RX2 files) that survived the better times?

• @rs2000 said:

@Sandstorm said:
    So I bit the bullet and bought Gadget 2, it's like Caustic 3 on steroids! Really loving it so thanks for everyone's input :D

Welcome to the club 😉
    Do you happen to work with breakbeats and/or have a ReCycle loops collection (RX2 files) that survived the better times?

Thanks! Money well spent.

Forgive my ignorance but what's a breakbeat? Do you mean pattern based recording? Are RX2 files used in Caustic?

• @Sandstorm said:

@rs2000 said:

@Sandstorm said:

Welcome to the club 😉

Thanks! Money well spent.

Forgive my ignorance but what's a breakbeat? Do you mean pattern based recording? Are RX2 files used in Caustic?

No, I mean REX loops (used in propellerheads Reason and ReCycle).
    Nevermind.