Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo controller

Hi , there been few threads about this , but havent found anything conclusive.

Was wandering about apc40 mk2, anyone gave any experience with that?

Or, which controller u know works best with drambo? Thanks.

Comments

• @yonhorizon said:
    Hi , there been few threads about this , but havent found anything conclusive.

Was wandering about apc40 mk2, anyone gave any experience with that?

Or, which controller u know works best with drambo? Thanks.

Currently using a Korg Nanokontrol mk I and a custom built one called Jambo.

My advice is get one that you feel the most
    comfortable with and then map dRambo to it.

• uc-33e is nice and can be found at a good used price

• This looked like the best candidate last time I looked. It has everything in lots of 8. It even has a fader!

• @supadom said:
    This looked like the best candidate last time I looked. It has everything in lots of 8. It even has a fader!

My understanding is that none of their automap enabled stuff can be used without desktop.

• I like my Padkontrol with Drambo.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@supadom said:
    This looked like the best candidate last time I looked. It has everything in lots of 8. It even has a fader!

My understanding is that none of their automap enabled stuff can be used without desktop.

You don’t need automap to use it as a regular midi controller, programmable on the SL or assignable on your device (I have a mk1, assume mk2 the same if not better).

• @steve99 said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@supadom said:

You don’t need automap to use it as a regular midi controller, programmable on the SL or assignable on your device (I have a mk1, assume mk2 the same if not better).

Thanks, that’s good to know. Can you create multiple pages, or it’s knob/function?

• Any good vids on MIDI learning in Drambo?

I imagine the Novation Launch Control XL would be a good controller for Drambo. 24 Knobs, 8 sliders, 16 pads and you can switch between 8 user templates too.

@steve99 said:

@supadom said:

Thanks, that’s good to know. Can you create multiple pages, or it’s knob/function?

As I understand it you can effectively do it using 'template groups', where each template is a page and you toggle up and down between them. I haven't gone that deep with it though, I've only got one single iOS template at the moment.

• You could also use a script (StreamByter or Mozaic) to multiplex the knobs. I have the Behringer XTouch Mini, with 8 knobs (encoders) and 16 buttons. A StreamByter script multiplexes them into 8 banks of 8 knobs, each selected by a lighted button. The other 8 buttons are lighted toggles. The Windows-only (yuk) configuration program let me set the knobs as incremental, which Drambo supports, so parameters don't jump to the knob position, they just change smoothly from current values. Finally, the script adds a little acceleration to the knobs, so coarse adjustments are easier. You can probably script most of these adaptations for the other controllers being discussed.

• I’ve been using a korg nanokontrol and a midi keyboard with it, works really well if you usually need only about 8 tracks

• If you use drambo samplers. Best get a controller with 5 rows of buttons instead of 4.

I launch synth in aum. Record mapped to drambo. Transport/drambo. I have to choose whether to map monitor or remove/drambo.

On a nanokontrol studio

Bonus is Iv mapped a nanokey and microkey also.

but still lacking a button.

Havent even mapped effects or launch effects.

• edited November 2020

Launchpad X is all you need for Drambo:

Here is the original thread which spawned the creation of the custom template for the LPX:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40165/drambo-8-7-15-a-thing-of-beauty

• @echoopera That looks superb... I've got to go to bed... damn. Will definitely give it a go with Drambo. Got my Launchpad X a few weeks ago when I got carried away by ATOM's future prospects. Now loving it with LK and haven't touched a keyboard since I got it.

• Not sure how useful it'll be here, but I've been using a custom standalone morph/scene controller for the past few weeks and I'm loving it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/41372/i-made-a-tiny-drambo-morph-scene-controller

@Gravitas also built one :)

• @orchid said:
    Not sure how useful it'll be here, but I've been using a custom standalone morph/scene controller for the past few weeks and I'm loving it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/41372/i-made-a-tiny-drambo-morph-scene-controller

@Gravitas also built one :)

Useful and glorious, want one.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Any good vids on MIDI learning in Drambo?

I imagine the Novation Launch Control XL would be a good controller for Drambo. 24 Knobs, 8 sliders, 16 pads and you can switch between 8 user templates too.

It is. I have mine and I refuse to open a drambo session without it. Simple as that.

• @steve99 said:
    @echoopera That looks superb... I've got to go to bed... damn. Will definitely give it a go with Drambo. Got my Launchpad X a few weeks ago when I got carried away by ATOM's future prospects. Now loving it with LK and haven't touched a keyboard since I got it.

@steve99 I'm thinking to buy a launchpadX but I don't have a desktop mac.... do you think it works right off the box with an ipad and LK? I mean lightning pads and everything?

I know it seems a trivial question but without the possibility to modify inside a mac I need to be sure its going to be a right buy.

Thanks in advance.

• I use NanoKontrol Studio. One of the best controllers I have used for iOS.

• The Numark DJ2GO2 is a nice small controller/soundcard

everything is mappable and you get 4x8 pads

• edited November 2020

@steve99 said:

@steve99 said:

@supadom said:

As I understand it you can effectively do it using 'template groups', where each template is a page and you toggle up and down between them. I haven't gone that deep with it though, I've only got one single iOS template at the moment.

I just bought the keyboard version, the remote 25 sl mk 1, the one with dual lcd displays. I’m still waiting for it to arrive but reading the manual led me to believe that there’s user templates which can be used to configure the controller whichever way one likes. It has 3 ways to switch templates too one of which is using pads. I particularly like that one as this is how I do it on the launchkey mini me 1. So if Drambo is configured to receive on separate channels per track it is easily done having 8 templates each with its own channel.

So many knobs, sliders and buttons neatly set out on this thing, I just couldn’t let this one pass at £65.

Maybe I’m just addicted to buying controllers just like some are addicted to buying hardware 😂

• @Vlad11 said:

@steve99 said:
    @echoopera That looks superb... I've got to go to bed... damn. Will definitely give it a go with Drambo. Got my Launchpad X a few weeks ago when I got carried away by ATOM's future prospects. Now loving it with LK and haven't touched a keyboard since I got it.

@steve99 I'm thinking to buy a launchpadX but I don't have a desktop mac.... do you think it works right off the box with an ipad and LK? I mean lightning pads and everything?

I know it seems a trivial question but without the possibility to modify inside a mac I need to be sure its going to be a right buy.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I’ve done nothing to mine on desktop and it works like a charm in iOS. LK and Launchpad App both initiate the session mode, but it’ll work as a note/pad controller by default (with a long press on the ‘note’ button you can change midi channels, scales and all the note related stuff).

@echoopera is using a ‘custom’ user mode in Drambo, I think you’d need a Mac or pc and novation’s ‘components’ software to configure that.

• @supadom said:

@steve99 said:

@steve99 said:

@supadom said:

I just bought the keyboard version, the remote 25 sl mk 1, the one with dual lcd displays. I’m still waiting for it to arrive but reading the manual led me to believe that there’s user templates which can be used to configure the controller whichever way one likes. It has 3 ways to switch templates too one of which is using pads. I particularly like that one as this is how I do it on the launchkey mini me 1. So if Drambo is configured to receive on separate channels per track it is easily done having 8 templates each with its own channel.

So many knobs, sliders and buttons neatly set out on this thing, I just couldn’t let this one pass at £65.

Maybe I’m just addicted to buying controllers just like some are addicted to buying hardware 😂

That’s the one I have for much the same reasons as you. I’m still reading the manual after six months, but not in a bad way. I wanted it for simple iOS duties, but now I’m also using it with Automap on desktop (which I’ve finally got my head round after more than a decade, just as its death knell sounds).

The only thing that tripped me up setting it up initially was configuring the right midi output, it has more than one on offer and you need to direct it separately for both keyboard, pads and controls.

It’s very versatile, very happy with mine.

• Speaking about the devil! @steve99

• I personally have AKAI APC40 MK2 and I can tell it's the best controller I had my hands on (and there were many already ;) )
    Endless LED knobs are super-useful and very rare. The 5x8 grid is usable for note playback instead of a keyboard, while still usable also e.g. for drums, switching patterns etc. There are extra like A/B switcher, crossfader, up/down, left/right arrows, many other assignable buttons etc...
    That said, prepare for the fact it's tailor-made for Ableton Live and not everything you'll see labeled on the controller is mapable also in Drambo. But in general, every button you see is mapable to any action, so if you relabel the buttons (or simply remember which has which meaning), you're good to go. It's definitely one of the "richest" controllers on the market.

• Ok, novation remote 25 sl works as expected. I just uploaded a modified Ableton template. Now it is just the question of having the same template copied across 8 locations with different midi channels for fast track switching. The pads on this thing are pathetic so no go for finger drumming but work ok as switches. Top left encoders are endless and mk 2 has them with lit up position markers @skrat.

All in all happy. Might upgrade to mk2 eventually but I can already see this working well with Drambo.

• Nice, thanks for all the feedback.
    Looking forward to hear the next supajam :)

Nice, thanks for all the feedback.
    Looking forward to hear the next supajam :)

You bet!!

Epiphany.

Left hand side controls: synth control, scenes, template switching
    Right hand side: muting, soloing and levels or might just use the right hand faders for several instances of Turnado’s dictator control Mwahahahaha!!

• edited November 2020

Enter Novation Remote SL MK 1 + Zoom U44 fully battery powered portability and style ;)

• @supadom Beautiful, did you measure that in advance or was that serendipity? That should stop you tinkering for...ooh, a week??