Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited November 2020

that seems really good for our devs! still wish it was only 5% but a decrease is good news
    they deserve all of it imo

• edited November 2020

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/nov/18/apple-to-reduce-its-cut-from-in-app-purchases-as-it-faces-new-lawsuit-from-fortnite-maker

Says here it's for in app purchases. This is good news for developers but....
    I really don't like in app purchases and prefer one-off app purchases.
    This will mean everything will be pushed to iap which is less secure to backup as they can go wrong, needs internet connection to verify etc

So I have mixed feelings, I wished they did this for the main app purchase as well. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/nov/18/apple-to-reduce-its-cut-from-in-app-purchases-as-it-faces-new-lawsuit-from-fortnite-maker

This will mean everything will be pushed to iap which is less secure to backup as they can go wrong, needs internet connection to verify etc

So I have mixed feelings, I wished they did this for the main app purchase as well. :)

The first article says it’s for everything not just IAPs.

• edited November 2020

Just go straight to the source:

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/11/developers-see-a-world-of-possibilities-with-new-app-store-small-business-program/

"With the new App Store commission structure, small and individual developers who earn up to $1 million in revenue for the calendar year are eligible for a reduced 15 percent commission rate — half of the App Store’s standard commission."

• @yowza said:

@Carnbot said:

The first article says it’s for everything not just IAPs.

Ok good lets hope that's correct then :)

• 15% is a great deal..

• This could mean more plugins get developed too :)

• I’m pleasantly surprised

• I don’t get the celebration if a dev needs to gross $1,000,000 to get the reduction. Almost no one does that. In fact, maybe no one.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I don’t get the celebration if a dev needs to gross $1,000,000 to get the reduction. Almost no one does that. In fact, maybe no one.

up to $1 million, not over

• @LinearLineman said:
    I don’t get the celebration if a dev needs to gross $1,000,000 to get the reduction. Almost no one does that. In fact, maybe no one.

Tim Sweeney does. But he thinks it's not enough. That's why he wants to open his own store.

• edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow, great news for our beloved devs. Drinks are on Bram😀 @brambos

• @Gavinski said:
    Wow, great news for our beloved devs. Drinks are on Bram😀 @brambos

Surely he earns more than $1m! ;-)

• It's amazing what can be achieved with only a multi-million dollar lawsuit and simultaneous antitrust investigations from the USA and the EU ;)

• @mangecoeur said:
    It's amazing what can be achieved with only a multi-million dollar lawsuit and simultaneous antitrust investigations from the USA and the EU ;)

And Australia.

Incredible that Apple have been charging their customers an extra 30% all these years. Even more astounding that people will defend them for doing it.

• edited November 2020

Sweet, so we can expect 15% off of music apps! :trollface:

• I really hope it can make a material difference to the hard working and dedicated devs we all know and love so much!

• edited November 2020

@ashh said:

@mangecoeur said:
    It's amazing what can be achieved with only a multi-million dollar lawsuit and simultaneous antitrust investigations from the USA and the EU ;)

And Australia.

Incredible that Apple have been charging their customers an extra 30% all these years. Even more astounding that people will defend them for doing it.

Only this doesn't apply to the guy who started the lawsuit and wants his own store (hypocrite much?) as he is well over 1M.

The App store was and still is a good thing for devs. Otherwise they wouldn't be on it. Plain and simple. It creates value. Push a button and reach 1.5 billion devices world wide. The rest is taken care of. Safe and sound.

There's always something to complain about I guess. But nevertheless, this is an even better deal for devs!

LOL @ Apple charging. So you expect prices to go down now?

• @AudioGus said:

+1

• edited November 2020

@rthr said:

@AudioGus said:

+1

o_O

• edited November 2020

@rthr said:

@ashh said:

@mangecoeur said:

And Australia.

Only this doesn't apply to the guy who started the lawsuit and wants his own store (hypocrite much?) as he is well over 1M.

The App store was and still is a good thing for devs. Otherwise they wouldn't be on it. Plain and simple. It creates value. Push a button and reach 1.5 billion devices world wide. The rest is taken care of. Safe and sound.

There's always something to complain about I guess. But nevertheless, this is an even better deal for devs!

Exactly.. maybe it’s time to look into developing..

• @rthr said:

[...]

I don't see how Epic wanting to have their own store on iOS is hypocritical. The only thing that is slightly inconsistent in their position is that they haven't called out Nintendo, Sony, and MS for similar behavior on their closed stores. There is a slight difference in these situations though because there is an alternate physical path to get your software on these devices.

As far as being a dev and the Apple App Store goes --- I absolutely hate the App Store. It is annoying and basically wastes my time. If I could release software from my own website I would have released five times as many AU's (for free) as I have on the App Store. The only reason I have bothered at all is that I like the iPad. It's a great device. The App Store sucks.

• edited November 2020

@NeonSilicon said:

@rthr said:

[...]

I don't see how Epic wanting to have their own store on iOS is hypocritical. The only thing that is slightly inconsistent in their position is that they haven't called out Nintendo, Sony, and MS for similar behavior on their closed stores. There is a slight difference in these situations though because there is an alternate physical path to get your software on these devices.

As far as being a dev and the Apple App Store goes --- I absolutely hate the App Store. It is annoying and basically wastes my time. If I could release software from my own website I would have released five times as many AU's (for free) as I have on the App Store. The only reason I have bothered at all is that I like the iPad. It's a great device. The App Store sucks.

What’s so annoying about the App Store? seems like a great deal to me.. and as a customer.. too.

• @RajahP said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@rthr said:

[...]

What’s so annoying about the App Store? seems like a great deal to me.. and as a customer.. too.

Let’s say it’s a mixed bag. For every advantage I can name an equally big disadvantage (or vice versa).

• @RajahP said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@rthr said:

[...]

It wastes my time -- lots of my time. I don't care at all about Apple's marketing. It is an absolutely absurd thing to make me generate new images of my AU every time Apple introduces a new phone with a different aspect ratio. Having to fight with the over-and-over again about the irrelevant "app" that they force my to wrap my AU in about if it provides enough function for the user to not get my AU rejected from the App Store. The list really does go on-and-on.

Right now, an application I really would like to do that would simply allow end users to use an embedded audio programming language to easily generate their own processing is forbidden by Apple. There is no reason for this policy. It basically goes back to Jobs fight with Flash. The fact that this continues to be disruptive to the usefulness of the iPad is really silly. (Note: I hate Flash much more than I hate the App Store. The policy is still nonsense.)

• @RajahP said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@rthr said:

[...]

As a customer, I find it annoying that I am expected to pay an extra 30% to Apple. There are plenty of examples of systems similar to the App Store that seem to manage without such a gigantic surcharge. That's without talking about the fact that Apple are the biggest company in the world. Who pay very little tax from these prices or mentioning the exhorbitant prices of their hardware.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Right now, an application I really would like to do that would simply allow end users to use an embedded audio programming language to easily generate their own processing is forbidden by Apple. There is no reason for this policy. It basically goes back to Jobs fight with Flash. The fact that this continues to be disruptive to the usefulness of the iPad is really silly. (Note: I hate Flash much more than I hate the App Store. The policy is still nonsense.)

They have already relaxed that requirement to some extent, otherwise Mozaic would have been rejected a long time ago.

• @brambos said:

@NeonSilicon said:

They have already relaxed that requirement to some extent, otherwise Mozaic would have been rejected a long time ago.

Yeah, they have relaxed some requirements, but this one requires using mmap to JIT and I'm pretty sure that this is banned still outside of using WebKit which won't work for my application.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@brambos said:

@NeonSilicon said:

Yeah, they have relaxed some requirements, but this one requires using mmap to JIT and I'm pretty sure that this is banned still outside of using WebKit which won't work for my application.

True. They still won’t like that.