Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• Wow, really nice performances in here.

• Yeah I’ve really enjoyed going back through them today while doing accounts, it’s been nice listening to so much quality and variety...

• @onerez said:
    I did not capture my screen recording of this..... a different track for me... more Lofi Trip Hop... wondering if I should finish it.

Great sounds!
    What’s the bass synth?

• Thanks @Krupa for the kind words.

Here’s another little exploration of sonic possibilities using Riffer, Gauss and MixBox to create something:

• edited December 2020

Loving your explorations with Gauss and Mixbox @echoopera ! 🔥 as usual

Here's one I forgot to put up the other day. All percussion is ripped paper and a book closing. The melody is taking the timing data from one track, and applying it to the melody on another track.

• @Zerozerozero said:

@onerez said:
    I did not capture my screen recording of this..... a different track for me... more Lofi Trip Hop... wondering if I should finish it.

Great sounds!
    What’s the bass synth?

Thanks. It’s actually the RetroBass from Groovebox.

• This is one of my first attempts at actually making something in the shape of a song. I used my NanoKontrol2 to try live mixing the Jam - another thing I had yet to do with that midi controller.
    It meanders a bit, but it's good background music I think.

• @itsaghost said:

@aleyas said:
    really feeling your choice of apps! @itsaghost spotted a lot of personal favs in there 🤘
    That 'speeding up' sound is really cool too, was that an effect or a sample?

Thank you! I like to try to use some apps “incorrectly” if that makes sense? Specifically in this one, I ran Ruismaker and Agonizer into DerVoco (1 as a carrier and 1 as the modulator), but I threw a glitchy “destruction” looperator preset on there before feeding it into the vocoder so it’s not a typical synth carrier. I also use so many instances of Turnado and Looperator in a lot of my jams (even on the master sometimes) which is where the speed up sound was from.

Stuff like this is why I’m so stoked to have found this forum. You could give me 150 years in a jail cell with nothing but my ipad and I’d never think of trying anything like this (I would probably also have a safari browser history that would make a pirate blush but that’s another matter entirely!)

Good stuff!

• Experimenting with some guitar tracks in CB3. Learning how to use track automations, hmm, so that’s what those R/W buttons are for eh?

• > Experimenting with some guitar tracks in CB3. Learning how to use track automations, hmm, so that’s what those R/W buttons are for eh?

Nice! :D

• edited December 2020

I bought all IAP synths in Groovebox and a few packs for Ampifys apps and just now started to play around with them. They are a lot better than I expected. Now, I'm really bad in this video and timing and what ever rules there are does simply not apply :D
    But! I wanted to show you anyway because as I said, there's a lot of potential. Need to work and especially plan a bit more, this one just got out of hand as you may see - and hear. Also had crackling issues from AUM mainly because I should have done a restart before starting to record a video after messing about for hours. Anyway, it is what it is... (this one goes unlisted on YT)

• @aleyas said:
    This is one of my first attempts at actually making something in the shape of a song. I used my NanoKontrol2 to try live mixing the Jam - another thing I had yet to do with that midi controller.

I liked this a lot especially how the melody kept moving around subtly.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Experimenting with some guitar tracks in CB3. Learning how to use track automations, hmm, so that’s what those R/W buttons are for eh?

Sweet groove. Dug the mix of crunchy guitars and heavily reverbed pads.

• @ecamburn said:

@aleyas said:
    This is one of my first attempts at actually making something in the shape of a song. I used my NanoKontrol2 to try live mixing the Jam - another thing I had yet to do with that midi controller.

I liked this a lot especially how the melody kept moving around subtly.

Thanks so much! There is s a small degree of generative pattern evolution involved, so the whole piece never quite repeats itself exactly. The gist is a 16 step sequence over a 12 note pattern, and a 32 step sequence over an 8 note pattern. There are 2 overtone generators - one triggered every 4 steps of the melody for the 'pluck', and the other triggered every 5 steps for the bass. The overtones are directly tied to the melody generators. The strum pitch is also derived from the 1st 16 step sequence.

• @Pxlhg said:

> Experimenting with some guitar tracks in CB3. Learning how to use track automations, hmm, so that’s what those R/W buttons are for eh?

Nice! :D

@ecamburn said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    Experimenting with some guitar tracks in CB3. Learning how to use track automations, hmm, so that’s what those R/W buttons are for eh?

Sweet groove. Dug the mix of crunchy guitars and heavily reverbed pads.

Thanks fellas!

• @Intrepolicious , lovely dense sounds but still able to hear all the instruments and a great groove going on. Enjoyed that one.

• @Pxlhg OMG dude. I freaking laughed so hard when Julie Andrews flew up and away...... love the little graphics.

also I believe that Groovebox synths have some fantastic sounds.... I like where you were going with this and glad you kept it going and didn’t bail on it!!!!

• @onerez said:
    @Pxlhg OMG dude. I freaking laughed so hard when Julie Andrews flew up and away...... love the little graphics.

also I believe that Groovebox synths have some fantastic sounds.... I like where you were going with this and glad you kept it going and didn’t bail on it!!!!

HaHa! So glad you watched that long, was afraid after my own disclaimer no one would actually watch. I did cut long segments (thanks to repetition it worked alright ) out and while doing so added some stupid gif animations. The setup with Blocs, Launchpad and Groovebox --> AudioBus --> AUM works super-smooth but, I then added LK, midi and two AU synths and then Aum DSP started to skyrocket only to dip right down again. These DSP skits have started to happen to me a lot lately, sometimes it goes up to 500% but most of the time it corrects itself. It is annoying when doing screenshots.

• all this stuff is great!!! hope this thread rools forever!!

• @GeoTony said:
    @Intrepolicious , lovely dense sounds but still able to hear all the instruments and a great groove going on. Enjoyed that one.

Thank you Tony, I’m still learning a lot about compression, limiting, and EQing to where I can funnel all these sounds into a mix, and like you say, still be able to hear everything.

@Pxlhg said:

@onerez said:
    @Pxlhg OMG dude. I freaking laughed so hard when Julie Andrews flew up and away...... love the little graphics.

HaHa! So glad you watched that long, was afraid after my own disclaimer no one would actually watch. I did cut long segments (thanks to repetition it worked alright ) out and while doing so added some stupid gif animations. The setup with Blocs, Launchpad and Groovebox --> AudioBus --> AUM works super-smooth but, I then added LK, midi and two AU synths and then Aum DSP started to skyrocket only to dip right down again. These DSP skits have started to happen to me a lot lately, sometimes it goes up to 500% but most of the time it corrects itself. It is annoying when doing screenshots.

Well, you’ve got me wanting to reinstall the Ampify trio again! It’s usually the first to go when I start having storage issues. I think this time I’ll remove Korg Gadget instead (since I never use it)

• Just recorded this - I thought I'd drop an entry into the wired Hainbach thing as a motivator not to just fiddle with my knobs all evening :D

It's using the same gauss loop from the earlier noodle I posted, less of the noodling and more structured I guess?
    I'm never sure whether I move too fast or too slow with this sort of thing, it made me think about the new MIDImixer thing a bit when doing this, maybe, maybe not :)

• Nothing special. Just testing. Need to get better on violin as it will be all live. So has to be near perfect.

• Interesting @sigma79 - I particularly like the alien text generator :)

• @Krupa said:
    Interesting @sigma79 - I particularly like the alien text generator :)

lol thanks. Its just a lazy loop. The violin inverted aum. Aliens took over Aum.

Aum could be a ship. The Aum. A place. Aum. A people or army. The Aum. A anomally. The Aum.

Ah you mean Hexaglyphics.

It can sub do bass. Clicks and static and a tone. It has a pitch I think.

• edited December 2020

Need to practice violin ( even for faux skill )

Better patterns. Dicsapline with bow ( slower bowing )

I practiced a bit when bought but cant remember any easy note combos. Couldnt even remember which bow stance I used. Left vs right.

• @Obo said:

@itsaghost said:

@aleyas said:
    really feeling your choice of apps! @itsaghost spotted a lot of personal favs in there 🤘

Thank you! I like to try to use some apps “incorrectly” if that makes sense? Specifically in this one, I ran Ruismaker and Agonizer into DerVoco (1 as a carrier and 1 as the modulator), but I threw a glitchy “destruction” looperator preset on there before feeding it into the vocoder so it’s not a typical synth carrier. I also use so many instances of Turnado and Looperator in a lot of my jams (even on the master sometimes) which is where the speed up sound was from.

Stuff like this is why I’m so stoked to have found this forum. You could give me 150 years in a jail cell with nothing but my ipad and I’d never think of trying anything like this (I would probably also have a safari browser history that would make a pirate blush but that’s another matter entirely!)

Good stuff!

thank you! yeah i really like messing around with apps in weird ways to try to make something unique. i actually like it a little more than making an actual song. my aum wav folder is filled with glitchy and unique stuff in there from making something and recording the outcome

• @itsaghost said:

@Obo said:

@itsaghost said:

@aleyas said:

Good stuff!

thank you! yeah i really like messing around with apps in weird ways to try to make something unique. i actually like it a little more than making an actual song. my aum wav folder is filled with glitchy and unique stuff in there from making something and recording the outcome

Haha! Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who spends days and days "just kinda noodling around, seeing how this sounds"

• edited December 2020

I should have a good system soon. 2 ipads. 4 controllers. mic and volca drum and modular on side. Should be able to mpe or screen style ( maybe on both ) Loop audio add effects. Input multi sequences from a normal keyboard for apps but have some Drambo synths p-locked also. Drum machine on ipad with its own controller. Knobs for synths. Knobs for effects and real time mic/effects ( not singing ) with some volca drum sounds like skiiid but with own recorder and probabilty. A volca modular patch now and again without sync perhaps. Could probably re-create most in a save if stuff is looped. A turntable also in a looper/sampler but need to get better if thats my creation. These apps will be flying at you. You need to feel alive for live.

• Was going to delete track because didnt bother with levels. Ambience on mononoke. Panning somewhere. Coincidence it says my name ( Tony ) ?

It isnt a coincidence.

• drambo hosting everything into gauss 😎