Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• @prtr_jan said:

Your style is funky as hell…. bro!!!

• AUM Jam

Midi driving OODA -> Moog Model D
    FX -> Flux Pro, FAC Envolver

Drums -> Fractal Bits
    Drums -> Hammerhead
    Drums -> Hammerhead with FX

• @prtr_jan said:

Nice! I’ve never been able to tame loopy’s timeline 😅

• @prtr_jan said:

>

Both of those tunes are sick! I like the vocals on both. Samples? The second tune has a nice funk guitar feel to it.

How were you using Scaler for the first one, btw?

• @AlexY said:

@prtr_jan said:

>

Both of those tunes are sick! I like the vocals on both. Samples? The second tune has a nice funk guitar feel to it.

How were you using Scaler for the first one, btw?

Thank you..

Vocal samples come from splice. Scaler found the scale for me and suggested chords I fed into DRC which arpeggiated them.. (the vocoded vocals in the second on is the sample played through voxsyn using scaler chords..)

• Thank you for sharing!

• @cokomairena said:

@prtr_jan said:

Nice! I’ve never been able to tame loopy’s timeline 😅

It is a bit fiddly.

• edited October 2022

That is really nice. Is that just the normal Siri voice with Lyricist? She has a good voice if so :)

Edit: nvm about Siri. I was confusing this with a different creation that used Lyricist. Still very nice track!

• Woah that’s a lot of deleted videos :(
    I hope everything is good.

Here is an Ableton note screen capture recycled from the ableton note thread:

• @cokomairena said:

I like that!

The app looks pretty capable. How did you find working in it? Do you have Ableton Live?

• @AlexY said:

@cokomairena said:

I like that!

The app looks pretty capable. How did you find working in it? Do you have Ableton Live?

I really really like it, is like Figure on steroids, or Auxy but cheap lol

I made a tutorial in spanish, I guess you can use automatic subtitles:

I think I make a good job higlighting the basic workflow.

I am a Ableton Live user since Ableton 5 I think, maybe 4.... so yeah, I have it, but I downloaded the lite version because I don't have Live 11, and it works GREAT with Note.

I don't think I'll be using Note with the desktop tho... I like it as it is.

• Bruh! I need an explanation of what I’m seeing lol. 🔥🔥🔥

Note is fun

• edited November 2022

@cokomairena said:

Bruh! I need an explanation of what I’m seeing lol. 🔥🔥🔥

Note is fun

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

all loops are played (MIDI learned) by Xequence pads/atom in Loopy (with a MIDI loop through AUM to get the MIDI into Loopy itself), the vocal loop is fed in the slicer beneath (also MIDI learned), you hear that in the repeats/stutters of some parts of the vocal, there’s a Blackhole on the vocal which is toggled active/inactive with the green bottom right corner widget (also MIDI learned as everything), the drum loop is sometimes muted by the purple widget bottom middle. (I mis-synchronised the video and audio, you can sometimes see the drum loop being muted when the audio is not)
    on the mixbus there’s stuff like barricade, mixbox, magic death eye, klevgrand daw, it’s a bit harsh..

• @janpieter said:

@cokomairena said:

Bruh! I need an explanation of what I’m seeing lol. 🔥🔥🔥

Note is fun

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

all loops are played (MIDI learned) by Xequence pads/atom in Loopy (with a MIDI loop through AUM to get the MIDI into Loopy itself), the vocal loop is fed in the slicer beneath (also MIDI learned), you hear that in the repeats/stutters of some parts of the vocal, there’s a Blackhole on the vocal which is toggled active/inactive with the green bottom right corner widget (also MIDI learned as everything), the drum loop is sometimes muted by the purple widget bottom middle. (I mis-synchronised the video and audio, you can sometimes see the drum loop being muted when the audio is not)
    on the mixbus there’s stuff like barricade, mixbox, magic death eye, klevgrand daw, it’s a bit harsh..

So much fun! I like to do stuff like that sometimes!

• edited December 2022

This morning i hooked Cykle to Loopmix and jammed a bit...

• @Identor said:
    This morning i hooked Cykle to Loopmix and jammed a bit...

sounds like daft punk, nice!

• I always love checking in on this thread and seeing the amazing things our community is coming up with!

@cokomairena said:
    Woah that’s a lot of deleted videos :(
    I hope everything is good.

Uuhmm oh no! Who’d we lose this time?

• This are the loops I saved on november

• Got it a quick Jam using Octachron for the first time. Go get it while it’s on sale. Digistix, Blocs Wave and some FX to round things out. Happy holiday jamming everyone. ✌🏾

• edited January 2023

@cokomairena said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjKMWnWYeZs

This are the loops I saved on november

I quite liked a lot of them. Most really. You have a musical goldmine in there.

@Thepixelproducers said:
    Got it a quick Jam using Octachron for the first time. Go get it while it’s on sale. Digistix, Blocs Wave and some FX to round things out. Happy holiday jamming everyone. ✌🏾

https://youtu.be/LPVWT9tTiNY

Very chill. Almost like a modern chant.

Not completely polished, but it's my first instrumental done 100% without generative tools. Just trying to apply things I'm trying to learn. :)

Edit: added a remix that is hopefully an improvement:

• @janpieter said:
    playing with synthesizer v (desktop) and iPad..

I can't see the post...

This is a small fl recording, I'm happy with it

• Remix of my instrumental. Don’t know what genre it is, but probably something 80s.

I thought going up an octave on the lead would be enough but it didn’t quite work. Trying a new patch with this remix.

I also reduced the volume of the track playing the block chords. I wanted them to fatten the mix but maybe they made things a bit muddy.