Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• @AlexY said:

@cokomairena said:

I’m glad they fixed Mixbox. I like it!

You always have such great sounds and melody/harmony lines. I'm jelly for sure lol

thanks bro, I try to keep them simple, so it's easier both to compose and to listen!

@AlexY said:
    This is an 80s inspired (I think) melody I had stuck in my head. Not sure if it's original or something I heard before. I always struggle with the rhythm session with bass and drums if it's anything more than basic. Haven't added a bass line yet, and could use some ideas for that and the drums.

For your drums add some ghost snare hits at a lower velocity, also vary the velocity when you play two snare hits one after the other for it not to sound so robotic.

A couple crash cymbals can help make the transitions more interesting, and one really cool tip is to place the crash on the 1st beat on a bar but then on the next one you put it on beat 2, I learned that listening to daft punk xD

Also add some hats, and in some parts add a tambourine and or cow bell.

And maybe simplify the kick drum in some parts.

You have a nice melody there.

For the bass a simple eight notes bass line would work here.

What app are you using?

• @cokomairena said:

@AlexY said:

@cokomairena said:

I’m glad they fixed Mixbox. I like it!

You always have such great sounds and melody/harmony lines. I'm jelly for sure lol

thanks bro, I try to keep them simple, so it's easier both to compose and to listen!

@AlexY said:
    This is an 80s inspired (I think) melody I had stuck in my head. Not sure if it's original or something I heard before. I always struggle with the rhythm session with bass and drums if it's anything more than basic. Haven't added a bass line yet, and could use some ideas for that and the drums.

For your drums add some ghost snare hits at a lower velocity, also vary the velocity when you play two snare hits one after the other for it not to sound so robotic.

A couple crash cymbals can help make the transitions more interesting, and one really cool tip is to place the crash on the 1st beat on a bar but then on the next one you put it on beat 2, I learned that listening to daft punk xD

Also add some hats, and in some parts add a tambourine and or cow bell.

And maybe simplify the kick drum in some parts.

Thanks for this feedback! I have some homework to do (just googled "ghost notes" and got some videos to watch) hehe.

Not sure if this can be answered easily (and I promise to do my homework too), but here goes anyway: when adding hats/tamborine/cow bell, is there a general rule of thumb on placement, or does more or less randomly sprinkling work?

You have a nice melody there.

I was working on another song with a riff generated with Riffler and trying to create a melody when this kind of hit me. I am still not sure if I've heard it on some media, or if it's just a mental pastiche of stuff I've heard lol.

For the bass a simple eight notes bass line would work here.

What app are you using?

Riffler audio output (backing guitar), OB-XD (melody) and ToneStack pro inside Cubasis 3. The drums are just drawn in using the midi editor.

Turns out that you can get Riffler to output what you want pretty closely if you mess with the chord editing and locking functions.

• @AlexY said:
    Thanks for this feedback! I have some homework to do (just googled "ghost notes" and got some videos to watch) hehe.

Not sure if this can be answered easily (and I promise to do my homework too), but here goes anyway: when adding hats/tamborine/cow bell, is there a general rule of thumb on placement, or does more or less randomly sprinkling work?

ghost notes are just really quiet snare hits, I just sprinkle some in drambo if I feel the need of them, cowbell I add every beat or two hits at the end of the bar, and for tambourine the best is to use a real loop, but you can get away using a delay fx so you only hit it once and it adds the usual rhythm.

I prefer to record them than to draw them tho, as that way I can hear what I'm doing.

You can always use the garage band drummer and drum machine if you want some good templates.

• not a screen capture, but a screen recording

I make these videos searching for videos on the internet and actually recording the screen of my computer with the VFX app and visual fx linked to the audio.

I guess I could use tiktok or instagram too.

Music is drambo, which has scratched all my musical itches, I'm using my beloved GR-16 for the drum sounds (sequenced in drambo, so I can use the clips)

Bass is Primer synth, a free synth with some very nice presets. There is a stock drambo sound, Sunrizer and KQ Dixie.

ReelBus and Barricade on the master.

• edited June 2022

Sounds nice! All you need for the video is a person in sunshades, wearing a suit, and playing the keyboard and the early MTV vibe is complete. :)

Thanks for all the advice, btw!

• @AlexY said:
    Sounds nice! All you need for the video is a person in sunshades, wearing a suit, and playing the keyboard and the early MTV vibe is complete. :)

Lol yeah

I made 9 Drambo projects today, 9!

this is one I recorded midi mapping loopypro to control some filters and the reverb size

• @cokomairena said:

@AlexYari <--- must...not...buy...drambo...

this is one I recorded midi mapping loopypro to control some filters and the reverb size

This one was really satisfying to listen to.

• @AlexY said:

@cokomairena said:

@AlexYari <--- must...not...buy...drambo...

It's all about what clicks with you and makes you make music. I used Ableton Live for more than 10 years, it's the most powerful and productive DAW in existence IMO, but it doesn't inspire me, and when I get inspired I get lost in the details.

GR-16 taught me to just make music, however it was too limited and most of all I couldn't sequence more than one section so I ended with just loops.

Korg Gadget was great too, I could sequence songs so made longer songs, the sound selection is stellar, but for drums is meh and importing samples is a chore...

Right now Drambo get's me the fast drums of GR-16 (I use it from inside drambo), the sound selection of GR-16 (I have a nice one shot melodic sample library), with the sequencing power of Gadget.

I miss some gadgets tho, but I'm learning some new very powerful synths like zeeon and sunrizer and I get to use Barricade and mixbox that make everything sound so good.

All I'm lacking is a way to record and process vocals, for that I think Ableton is way superior.

• Ah, absolutely.

It's just that every time I read about Drambo, it sounds really customizable and fun to play around. :)

• edited June 2022

Made this one month ago, but still pleased with the outcome upon repeated listening.

Apologies for the swiping left and right in AUM. I use my iPhone a lot. And I've only just started using MIDIMixer to stop this to-ing and fro-ing

• edited June 2022

Very nice. Amazing that a person can do this kind of music on an iPhone.

• @dasgoods said:
    Made this one month ago, but still pleased with the outcome upon repeated listening.

nice one!

• edited June 2022

I have gone through all 31 pages and listen to all the music and I’m really blown away by the stuff you guys put out
    I also got to know new instruments or at least ones that were new to me that I have in my collection now and some that I will be buying next month
    I now have Piano Motifs , Seaquence and DRC in my collection inspired by this thread and I absolutely love them

I also like how diverse the music is I thought there would be mostly techno and hip-hop on here which is not my cup of tea but I love the ambient and neoclassical stuff here also The rock and indie stuff

• edited June 2022

This short piece I improvised with Piano Motifs I couldn’t make a screen capture of the process because it would have taken too long so I hope it’s okay when I post a recording of the piece played back in GarageBand
    I actually wanted to use other instruments then Piano Motifs but I just couldn’t find anything that fit at the moment so I kept the piano and added some cello with Thumbjam and Synth with Alchemy

I don’t know how to embed Instagram video so I just post the link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeiQTZVKKdh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• @amethystswitch said:
    I have gone through all 31 pages and listen to all the music and I’m really blown away by the stuff you guys put out
    I also got to know new instruments or at least ones that were new to me that I have in my collection now and some that I will be buying next month
    I now have Piano Motifs , Seaquence and DRC in my collection inspired by this thread and I absolutely love them

I also like how diverse the music is I thought there would be mostly techno and hip-hop on here which is not my cup of tea but I love the ambient and neoclassical stuff here also The rock and indie stuff

I’m impressed that you got through all those tracks. That is a loooot of music. I plead guilty in making some of the techno tracks but I appreciate that you are listening 😊. Thanks for taking you time to listen to our music ❤️👍🏼

• edited June 2022

9 minute iPad Jam

OODA Midi driving DRC, Poison-202, Bass 808, VHS Synth, BLEASS Omega

• @amethystswitch said:
    This short piece I improvised with Piano Motifs I couldn’t make a screen capture of the process because it would have taken too long so I hope it’s okay when I post a recording of the piece played back in GarageBand
    I actually wanted to use other instruments then Piano Motifs but I just couldn’t find anything that fit at the moment so I kept the piano and added some cello with Thumbjam and Synth with Alchemy

Congratulations on fixing the the iPad! Beautiful track!

• @dasgoods said:
    9 minute iPad Jam

OODA Midi driving DRC, Poison-202, Bass 808, VHS Synth, BLEASS Omega

Nice!

• @amethystswitch said:

I forgot about piano motifs, I should use it again.

Nice piece.

• edited June 2022

Perc Synth @vadymrostok
    Driven by Rozeta Particles and Rozeta Collider

FX - Phase Mutant, PhaseDelayArray, Velvet Machine, Spirangle

Hammerhead Rythym Station
    Fractal Bits for extra percussion

• Nice and interesting!

• AUM Jam - Cykle, Viking Synth, Hammerhead, Bleass Slow Machine, Fractal Bits. And some Spirangle

• @dasgoods said:
    AUM Jam - Cykle, Viking Synth, Hammerhead, Bleass Slow Machine, Fractal Bits. And some Spirangle

Keep them coming!

Here is some quick Steel Guitar screen cap

• and another one

• I’m in love with this bass tone

• @dasgoods said:
    AUM Jam - Cykle, Viking Synth, Hammerhead, Bleass Slow Machine, Fractal Bits. And some Spirangle

Love this one

• You are on fire these days @cokomairena
    your stuff is allways very well done 😊

• @Lorichs said:
    You are on fire these days @cokomairena
    your stuff is allways very well done 😊

♥️

• @cokomairena said:
    I’m in love with this bass tone

I completely understand! How did you create it?