Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• ZOA and GeoOboe…

• Soft Drummer and iBassist provide the backing…

• Todays effort is a gentle piece with SWAM Baritone sax over MelodyBud / ScaleBud / BeatHawk Organ…

• @Thepixelproducers, day 22, 27, 31 - great!

• @GeoTony said:
    ZOA and GeoOboe…

That was nice

• Thanks @Lorichs , nice to have some company!

• A bit of delay / echo madness using Kymatica’s excellent effects and a couple of SWAMs…

• Drone from World Synth + some GeoViolin inspired by Ireland…

• First jam I had with Animoog Z:

Think it was just Z doing the arp and the rest was SH-101 looped with Enso. Drambo shot samplers for the drums.

• Quite pleased with this one, can imaging it leading into a power ballad…

• edited February 2022

Nice @BroCoast

Really nice jam on the 16th @GeoTony 😊
    If may mention one point critique. Your endings could need a bit of love 😉

Another question. Do you ever use Geoshred as a midi controller for a synth like animoog or moog model15? I’m just curious how it would handle mpe and polyphonic aftertoutch to another sound source

• Thanks @Lorichs , I was pleased with that one (although your Fiddle playing on J29 blows it out of the water).
    Your right about the endings 😊 but I have limited myself to around a minute for each of these February improvisations so when I get to about a minute I basically just stop! Hopefully some of them will fuel longer pieces in which case I with apply some love to the endings.
    I’ve been catching up on your Jamuary pieces this afternoon and wow, I struggle to do one minute with basically one instrument but yours are on a different level. Very impressive.
    I struggle (personal taste) with all this new fangled EDM, Trippy Trappy, Drum and Bass shenanigans + my interest tends to be inversely proportional to the BPM so a lot of that, no matter how well played and produced leaves me cold.
    What I do like however are a lot of your slower pieces e.g. 1, 3 & 7. 9 was great, reminded me of a track off Rumours and the gourd banjo is fantastic also on 15. Great brassy sounds on 11. Enjoyed 13… very quirky. Liked 20, especially the rhythm. 24 New Age is good + Very nice guitar. 27 & 29 were great. All this and you do videos for quite a few! Finally you can’t have too much whistling…

• A bit rough but a jam I did today getting into some funk with my boog and the digital oscillator on the cv pal going into my werkstatt’s filter using Drambo to host and for drums and pure acid and rozeta to sequence

• Just listed to your Jamuary tracks @Thepixelproducers , I admire your dedication and creativity. As I mentioned in a previous comment once the beat gets past 100 BPM I tend to lose interest so I much prefer your slower pieces I.e. 1, 2 and 3. 9 was good, liked the guitar. 17 for some reason I can’t explain. 22 was my favourite, just liked the tune. And liked the vaguely whale sound on 31. All that and videos as well which just amazes me. All the best.

• A bit of Jazz Rock fusion?

• @rogp said:
    @Thepixelproducers, day 22, 27, 31 - great!

Thanks for listening ! Really appreciate it. 🙏🏾

• edited February 2022

Thanks for listening and commenting on my tracks @GeoTony I really appreciate it 😊. It is also fine that you dont like the fast EDM stuff. When doing one track a day I had to do what ever popped up in my head. I’m lucky that i also like EDM and D&B 😊
    BTW I totally agree that @Thepixelproducers january 22 is REALLY good. He gas done many great tracks but that one is my favorite pixelproducers track ever.

• @GeoTony said:
    Just listed to your Jamuary tracks @Thepixelproducers , I admire your dedication and creativity. As I mentioned in a previous comment once the beat gets past 100 BPM I tend to lose interest so I much prefer your slower pieces I.e. 1, 2 and 3. 9 was good, liked the guitar. 17 for some reason I can’t explain. 22 was my favourite, just liked the tune. And liked the vaguely whale sound on 31. All that and videos as well which just amazes me. All the best.

Thanks for listening @GeoTony I definitely connect more with the slower tempo as well. Always fun to experiment but 80-85bpm is definitely my comfort zone.

By the way..Loving what you’ve been posting. Really inspiring stuff. Keep it up. ✌🏾

• @GeoTony said:
    Thought I would a embrace a certain degree of randomness to my offerings in this thread to force my creativity so I am using www.random.ok to generate a BPM between 20 and 150 which I am setting Piano Motifs to. Then using the same site to select a number of allowed bars between 20 and 80. Then generating a number between 1 and 10 for the number of goes at allowing PM to generate a random tune. Then I make the most of it!
    So this is 150bpm, D minor 3/4 time... not helped by the 3/4 bottle of Zinfandel just consumed...

That’s really well played, Tony. You’re damn good on Geoshred. I have to start visiting here.👍👍🙏

• @Lorichs said:
    I knew that I had to take the fiddle off the wall at some point during jamuary. Today was the day.

Beautiful fiddling. Wish I could do that. I’d never stop!

• I think somebody (can’t find who it was) mentioned a while ago that they couldn’t find a use for the GeoBassTrombone so I thought I would give it an airing.! Backing track played with Audanika.

• @GeoTony that’s a good demo. Loved the phrasing and sparseness. The trombone goes further than an actual trombone, maybe. Into the land of Wagner horns, perhaps?

• Thanks @LinearLineman . I’d assumed as it’s based on the SWAM trombones it was the natural range but having had a quick look it seems to have at lease an extra octave?

• Broke all my own rules for todays 1 minute improvisation i.e 2+ minutes and not improvised but I liked the tune😊
    Played on Audanika which also appears to screw up screen recording + sorry for the blip right at the end !

• @GeoTony where is the extra octave on the trombone? Split high and low?
    That’s a nice piece. What is it?

• @LinearLineman , I think I was wrong I.e. Geo & SWAM Bass Trombones appear to go from B0 to G5 which more or less matches this from Wikipedia…
    “The range of the modern bass trombone is fully chromatic from the lowest fundamental with the valve attachment tubing deployed. A bass trombone with the second valve in G♭ is capable of playing from a B♭0 (or even A0 with valve slides extended), up to C5 – many professionals are capable of extending the range even higher”
    It’s just a piece I made up😊

• @GeoTony, I misunderstood. It’s very good. I enjoyed hearing it.