Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• After the relative simplicity and control required for https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46167/now-that-s-what-i-call-piano-motifs-volume-one it was quite nice to go a bit mad with this…

• Getting ready for the weekend with a quick AUM jam.

• Getting back into Beatmaker 3. Slow Machine is really good. Go get it while it’s on sale !

• this thread is very interesting and inspiring...
    here my first jam-video: a little late night jam in aum. two channels with own created instruments in drambo through beatcutter.
    glad about feedback...

• @banalytic said:
    this thread is very interesting and inspiring...
    here my first jam-video: a little late night jam in aum. two channels with own created instruments in drambo through beatcutter.
    glad about feedback...

Sounds super cool. I like these “bouncing ball delay”. I wanna build me one of those 😉

• Little Drambo jam:

• A little lunchtime jamming.

• One more outing for the critters in Seaquence before they are locked up till next year. A slight oriental feel perhaps?
    Seaquence is running at 1 BPM.
    All sounds supplied by the Roli Noise Floatation sound pack.
    TB Reverb, FAC Alteza and Spirangle effects.

• Having fun with Koala Sampler and Luma Fusion on a 4 hour train ride from Jutland to Copenhagen.
    This i why i love IOS music.

• Tons of inspiration in this thread. Keep the great jams coming everyone !

• edited August 2021

Just picked up the amazing sample pack Electronisounds "Infinite Inspiration Sound Bank", and decided to give them a quick explore in Drambo. Whoa!

Really loving the library of sounds Dean has made available with the pack:
    Link to the pack in the video description on YouTube:

• Thought I should contribute to this thread with tonight’s experiment - learning how to use the Euclidean Sequencer in Drambo… and learning how to use Glitch Clip at the same time. I created an 8 layer Euclidean Sequence with the Layer mixer module on the first track, then added several more tracks as the piece progressed.

I used Glitch Clip to pre-record a modulated visual loop using the same piece of music, then used said recording as the background in VS for a few more layers of visual goodness!

In case anyone missed it, Glitch Clip is FREE right now (reg $7.99)! Don’t know how long this sale will last…

visuals begin at 1:25 in this experiment

• Hey guys, I’ve got a question, what happened to Leo (SoundForMore)???

I was trying to look him up here on the forums and seen that his posts and his user profile were deleted. This must have been pretty bad.

• Great track @Edward_Alexander , builds nicely, lots of interest. I must resist the siren call that is Drambo…
    Nice visuals but I prefer your ‘educational’ style with the text although I guess they are a lot more work😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Great track @Edward_Alexander , builds nicely, lots of interest. I must resist the siren call that is Drambo…
    Nice visuals but I prefer your ‘educational’ style with the text although I guess they are a lot more work😊

Thank you Tony!

I was wondering if anyone would miss that lol. Yeah, it does involve a little more effort. I was posting from the couch last night, so I didn’t add all those extras.

I might do another run of this piece later.

Drambo is so awesome Tony, you’d figure it out easily. And the thing is, you don’t have to learn everything in it to use it effectively. I’ve just been learning bits and pieces as I go along, like this piece for example; my first time trying out the Euclidean Sequencer.

• I have another question; how come Glitch Clip can have GIPHY integration, but VS can’t? 🧐🤫

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Drambo is so awesome Tony, you’d figure it out easily. And the thing is, you don’t have to learn everything in it to use it effectively.

That us exactly it! Even though I feel i’m getting the hang of Drambo there is still so much more to explore. That app just endless fun

• @Edward_Alexander said:

In case anyone missed it, Glitch Clip is FREE right now (reg $7.99)! Don’t know how long this sale will last…

thanks for this excellent tipp:

here my first experiment - just a picture controlled via midi from drambo (also sound from drambo):

• @Edward_Alexander Really enjoyed the vibe of this one. Nice work!

• @echoopera said:
    @Edward_Alexander Really enjoyed the vibe of this one. Nice work!

Thank you so much @echoopera! Coming from you, it really means a lot! 🙏

@banalytic said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

thanks for this excellent tipp:

here my first experiment - just a picture controlled via midi from drambo (also sound from drambo):

Sure thing!

Excellent demonstration of sound and sight you have going on here!

• Starting to really love NanoStudio 2 !!
    So much to explore.

• Lovely stuff going on here!.
    Here’s a video using LK in Controller mode to perform live in AUM. The actual live performance is on the floating window. I just added the usual “this is what’s playing” afterwards.
    I use a shitload of Spatializer auv3 instances, it’s a very subtle effect but it really makes a difference in giving instruments some space. I also abused BLEASS Granulizer which makes everything glitter glitch.

I quite like the vibe, I’m planning of making a song out of it, adding vocals and doing a “proper” structure. But I almost never finish anything lately so it’s great to have this thread and be able to share this nerdy geeky stuff. 🙌

• Digging into NanoStudio 2 lately. It really does a lot of things really well.

https://youtube.com/shorts/KS1Assx668E?feature=share

• edited September 2021

Haven’t jamed for a long time. Here is a super quickie. 30 minutes from opening drambo to posting so don’t expect a polished track 😁

I was inspired to just JAM by Jamuary thread by @Thepixelproducers

• @janpieter What is that sequencer?

nice jam, I'll record some GR-16 too, I love it

• Sorry I recorded the mic lol

• @cokomairena said:

Sorry I recorded the mic lol

Nice one! I didn’t realize it was the mic (listening on the iPad speakers)

The sequencer is Xequence 2. For me still the best MIDI sequencer around here..

• This thread has been inspiring.

Yesterday I bought Slow Machine and "Other Desert Cities" delay so I jammed and improv with a beat I made a couple months ago maybe.

I'm very satisfied with this super simple setup:

Basically GR-16 followed by Slow Machine with a send to the delay and then koala fx just as a master compressor.

I have flytape 2 on the chain, but I didn't use it.

• @cokomairena said:
    This thread has been inspiring.

Yesterday I bought Slow Machine and "Other Desert Cities" delay so I jammed and improv with a beat I made a couple months ago maybe.

I'm very satisfied with this super simple setup:

Basically GR-16 followed by Slow Machine with a send to the delay and then koala fx just as a master compressor.

I have flytape 2 on the chain, but I didn't use it.

Sounds great. Also really like this kind of setup.