Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

edited November 20 in Creations

we need more music around here!

i figured it might be cool to have an ongoing thread where anyone can post screen caps of jams they are working on are just having fun with.
edit: unpolished, unmastered jam sessions.

i enjoying seeing how everyone works and hearing what they are up too.

we all have millions of jams / loops that will probably never become complete songs or are still in the “idea” stage, but they are still good, and worthy of a spin imo.

microwaved beats per say
i’ll be posting mine as unlisted youtube links as it’s the easiest way and doesn’t flood my yt page with tiny jams.

hope to hear/see lots of your stuff, i’ll kick it off with a basic piece i am just having fun with learning some apps.

«13456

Comments

  • Cool idea, man. Dig the jam.

  • Great idea! I have a dozen or so AUM projects in the oven. I’ll post a couple later this evening after I get home.

    @reasOne said:

    hope to hear/see lots of your stuff, i’ll kick it off with a basic piece i am just having fun with learning some apps.

    Sweet! I wanna lay some SWAM tenor sax on top!

    Yeah, I pretty much would use that sax on everything if I could get away with it lol

  • Nice idea, let me stick in the thing I posted on the gauss thread earlier

  • edited November 17

    Great idea. Don't got much going for me in DAWland, but I have hundreds of screen captures.

    Here's one I did to demonstrate a latch I made for Klevgrand's Skaka. You also get to hear what Skaka through a sample and held frequency shifter sounds like.

    Fwiw, here's the utility for anyone who wants to download it.
    https://patchstorage.com/skaka-sequencer-latch/

  • Very nice @aleyas skaka is perfect for that kind of thing. Love skaka!

  • @Intrepolicious said:
    Great idea! I have a dozen or so AUM projects in the oven. I’ll post a couple later this evening after I get home.

    @reasOne said:

    hope to hear/see lots of your stuff, i’ll kick it off with a basic piece i am just having fun with learning some apps.

    Sweet! I wanna lay some SWAM tenor sax on top!

    Yeah, I pretty much would use that sax on everything if I could get away with it lol

    hey dosent have to be aum or anything particular, even a stand alone synth jam! just more music from any source! hehe

    i never bought the swam for geo... to rich for my blood haha i don’t know how to play sax, only know how to listen to it 😂 im all ears

  • @Gavinski said:
    Nice idea, let me stick in the thing I posted on the gauss thread earlier

    heck ya, sounds great and twitter works great on the forum too, great idea

  • @aleyas dang i forgot all about shaka! now i’m interested ! that’s cool

  • @auxmux said:
    Cool idea, man. Dig the jam.

    i know you have plenty of jams!

  • Thought it’d be nice to join in here with a very basic one...

  • Did not see this thread.... many getting into many live Jams. Here is today’s.

  • Using TC-Data to control Animoog in AUM.

  • edited November 17

    @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Using TC-Data to control Animoog in AUM.

    Funky spacecraft stuff!. Never heard of TC-data. Looks like Mozaic on LSD!. Very cool.

  • edited November 17

    I posted this in a thread about trying out a dawless performance in AUM, using LK as control center, iDensity, Drambo for drums (sampled from a Neu! video) and playing Cgb guitar stems drenched in RE-1 tape.

  • @onerez said:
    Did not see this thread.... many getting into many live Jams. Here is today’s.

    See you’re enjoying Gauss!. Very classy. Those files in AUM file player, do you record them in advance?.
    Dig the video editing too. What do you use?.

  • @tahiche said:

    @onerez said:
    Did not see this thread.... many getting into many live Jams. Here is today’s.

    See you’re enjoying Gauss!. Very classy. Those files in AUM file player, do you record them in advance?.
    Dig the video editing too. What do you use?.

    Yes those were the 4 loops of the piano that I generated from Piano Motifs. I then applied Gauss. I am using LumaFusion and Hyperspektiv for Video.

    Thanks!!!!!

  • great to see this thread alive and bumping!!! keep ‘em coming!

  • brat maker 😎😂

  • Oh I like this. Vibes are on point

  • Nice! Love the sound that comes in around the 1 minute mark - very Gauss!

    @onerez said:
    Did not see this thread.... many getting into many live Jams. Here is today’s.

  • @Krupa said:
    Thought it’d be nice to join in here with a very basic one...

    This can be the soundtrack for your next documentary on Dolphins mating Chris! I love how Gauss can produce these kind of vocal sounds.

  • Here is a little techno jam. Not screen recording but it’s a jam in AUM just for fun. 😊

  • @Gavinski said:

    @Krupa said:
    Thought it’d be nice to join in here with a very basic one...

    This can be the soundtrack for your next documentary on Dolphins mating Chris! I love how Gauss can produce these kind of vocal sounds.

    Yeah! This is epic!

  • @reasOne said:
    brat maker 😎😂

    Chill

  • edited November 18

    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

  • @aleyas said:
    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

    that’s cool as elf! i don’t know how you made that but that’s magic

  • I’m gonna expand the project to 2 octaves. When it’s done I’ll put a link up for you!

    @reasOne said:

    @aleyas said:
    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

    that’s cool as elf! i don’t know how you made that but that’s magic

  • @aleyas said:
    I’m gonna expand the project to 2 octaves. When it’s done I’ll put a link up for you!

    @reasOne said:

    @aleyas said:
    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

    that’s cool as elf! i don’t know how you made that but that’s magic

    rad! id def like to get into that project and see how that works, you can get some nice sound scapes that evolve over time for sure!

  • edited November 18

    Definitely! I haven’t tried it with gauss yet, but I think it would work perfectly with loopers. Drone city.

    The gist of the project is a sine wave through a pre-shaper. The sine wave then gets sent to 8 (or 16) shifters in parallel (pitched down). Both the oscillator and shifters are set to static pitches. The output then gets routed to a mixer, all pots set to 0. A bank of faders then controls mix volume for each shifter. The output then is routed to a post shaper.

    There’s a couple other ideas I have yet to implement - a static delay before each pitch shifter, so that the oscillator hits the shifters at different points of phase.
    I also want to put in a switch to switch between major/minor/harmonic minor scales.

    Edit: those faders can all be controlled by midi too. I bet some lfo’s controlling their levels would be pretty nice.

    @reasOne said:

    @aleyas said:
    I’m gonna expand the project to 2 octaves. When it’s done I’ll put a link up for you!

    @reasOne said:

    @aleyas said:
    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

    that’s cool as elf! i don’t know how you made that but that’s magic

    rad! id def like to get into that project and see how that works, you can get some nice sound scapes that evolve over time for sure!

Sign In or Register to comment.