Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Irig Midi - Your thoughts and encountered issues.

Irig Midi - Your thoughts and encountered issues.

Comments

• Is anyone using the Irig midi ?
    Have you encountered any issues using the device with an Ipad 2,3,4 air

I have heard it does not work with some Ipads. is this true ?

Also heard when the Power supply is connercting it casues a major hub and sometimes only works with the PSU connected, is this true ?

• edited April 2014

@amarmash I have experienced zero MIDI problems using the iRig MIDI with a 1, 3 and mini. (mini via 30->lightning). All iPads charge correctly.

• @MusicInclusive
    thanks, thats good to know. I have returned the Iconnectmidi2+ for now, so i am looking for another midi interface for the Ipad.

• @amarmash - so - how are you now going to get your audio in / out? Out you can use the jack - but you lose fidelity. In - the jack isn't the best option - or are you really only interested in getting the MIDI in/out?

• edited April 2014

I use my iRig Midi constantly... It is the key to integration of my iPhone and studio.

The money I have made off of my IRig midi makes it very worth it. I mostly use it to control my software instruments and to use the drum apps to control software

Instead of using my keyboard to control software I also like to use the guitar, bass and theremin this is done with the midi guitar app and irig midi

• Irig midi is great, although I find the recharging facility doesn't work when connected to my ipad 'not supported' POPUP, and also it loses connectivity when switching between apps. Other than that it works well.

• I have no connectivity issues on my end. I honestly do not use charging much, but I regularly switch between arpeggionome and soundprism, gestrument, chordpolypad.... Of course those Are used to control Mac software.

I prefer apps and gear that make my work go faster or easier. Because that means more money in long run. Of course it's all dependent on what your end goal is.

• @MusicInclusive
    I agree with you that the Irig midi does not have the integration capability as the ICM2+ (Audio pass through). However the ICM2+ failed to work with my Ipad 4 64 GB. I was in contact with Iconnectivity support on a daily basis. they also sent me adional firmware upgrade files named 1.0.7. Even after uploading these files onto the device, it continued to give me a davice not compatible msg.

The irig midi will allow me to get midi from the Ipad to my DAW and visa versa. the Ipad's Audio output will have to be through the headphones out. fidedelity will be lost however i have not com,e accross any other device that can perform an audio pass through digitally.

• thanks all. So far i have heard mostly possitive things about the irig Midi. Seems like a simple midi in out through device which is good.
    Is anyone using the through port ?

• @amarmash I have done MIDI thru' through the iRig MIDI but I don't use it that way on a regular basis since I normally route (even the iRig MIDI) through a MOTU interface separately to other devices. Sorry to hear you did not get your iCM2+ working and there seems to be an issue with your 4 sadly.

• @MusicInclusive
    Thanks for the information.
    I actually tested the ICM2+ with 3 brand new out of the Box Ipad 4's 64 GB, and all came up with the same error msg - Device not supported.

I then went to my retailer and traded the ICM2+ for a brand new out of the box ICM2+ with new cables and a new Lightning connector. Still had the same issue with 3 Ipad 4s.

I was in contact with support on a daily basis and they currently claim to be working on rectifying the issue.

I have come accross others on the audiobus forums as well who have had the same problem.

I am waiting on icconnectivity to advise me of their progress on fixing the issue.

Any thoughts / Suggetions ?

• I have an irig midi 2, an Alesis Q88 and a 6th generation iPad. I occasionally get stuck notes with this setup so I use the Alesis Q88 with my MacBook running MainStage. That always works without an issue. When I ask IK Multimedia support for help, they reply with non sequiturs. I don't mind using the MacBook but it is part of my home music studio so every time I have a gig I have to disconnect things. Could my iPad be the problem?

• @gilligan said:
    I have an irig midi 2, an Alesis Q88 and a 6th generation iPad. I occasionally get stuck notes with this setup so I use the Alesis Q88 with my MacBook running MainStage. That always works without an issue. When I ask IK Multimedia support for help, they reply with non sequiturs. I don't mind using the MacBook but it is part of my home music studio so every time I have a gig I have to disconnect things. Could my iPad be the problem?

Which apps and plugins do you get stuck notes with? load up a midi monitor and next time you have stuck notes look at it. If the correct midi came in, the issue is with the apps or plugins you are using.