Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there Midi message filter App?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows of any apps that can accept a midi cc and have the ability to change that midi CC’s value to momentary instead of toggle?

Comments

• Mozaic can certainly do that. First I would double check if the cc sender/receiver has anything in place to mimic it.

• @theinfinate What timing would you need?

• This can also be achieved in Midifire in Midi events.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Mozaic can certainly do that. First I would double check if the cc sender/receiver has anything in place to mimic it.

thanks man good to know, I haven't got it yet but I've ordered the tone shifter mega, it does not send momentary cc's, ive spoken to the tech team, they said they will update it in firmware one day but they said that around 2 years ago. To get a hold and double tap function quantiloop needs to receive momentary cc's so if mozaic can do that I'm stoked

• @Toastedghost said:
    This can also be achieved in Midifire in Midi events.

cool cheers man, what's easier to program, mosaic or midifire?

• @rs2000 said:
    @theinfinate What timing would you need?

im not sure what that means?

• @theinfinate said:

@rs2000 said:
    @theinfinate What timing would you need?

im not sure what that means?

You cannot simply convert toggle to momentary, you would have to detect both positive and negative switch transitions and simulate a certain button pressing time.
    I would choose Streambyter because it's free but many here also use Mozaic. I have both and Mozaic looks like the language is easier to learn, but for some strange reason I get something working quicker with the cryptic but straightforward coding style in Streambyter or MidiFire.

• @theinfinate said:

@Toastedghost said:
    This can also be achieved in Midifire in Midi events.

cool cheers man, what's easier to program, mosaic or midifire?

There is a massive diffrence between Midifire and Mozaic. See patchstorage.com for Mozaic patches designed by users and are free, they can do many things like sequencing, arppegios, midi filters etc, however I do not programe Moziac you need a programmers head which mine is not. But the wealth of patches means you dont need to. Midifire is different it is design to connect apps to daws that often you cannot conventional route. It has midi filters that are easy to opperate like switches. I have both, and use Mozaic nearly all the time, but for those stubborn midi apps I use Midifire.

Hope that helps. Cheers

• Bringing this thread back instead of starting a new one. I need some deeper midi filtering than @j_liljedahl AUM offers. Think Blokas MIDIHub level filtering. Is MIDIFire still the way to go? I’d try to script in Mozaic, but my brain doesn’t work well with that, and there’s a lot of filtering I need done. Is MIDIFire easy to use and could I use it in place of AUM’s filtering within AUM or possibly Loopy Pro?

• @slicetwo said:
    Bringing this thread back instead of starting a new one. I need some deeper midi filtering than @j_liljedahl AUM offers. Think Blokas MIDIHub level filtering. Is MIDIFire still the way to go? I’d try to script in Mozaic, but my brain doesn’t work well with that, and there’s a lot of filtering I need done. Is MIDIFire easy to use and could I use it in place of AUM’s filtering within AUM or possibly Loopy Pro?

What sort of filtering are you talking about? MidiFire has a lot of capabilities but isn’t an AU. It is a standalone app. The MidiFire/streambyter developer also has an AUv3 plug in that handles various conversions.

Streambyter can seem daunting at first but for filtering is pretty straightforward once you have a template to work from. And there are a fair number of examples out there to work from.

• @slicetwo said:
    Bringing this thread back instead of starting a new one. I need some deeper midi filtering than @j_liljedahl AUM offers. Think Blokas MIDIHub level filtering. Is MIDIFire still the way to go? I’d try to script in Mozaic, but my brain doesn’t work well with that, and there’s a lot of filtering I need done. Is MIDIFire easy to use and could I use it in place of AUM’s filtering within AUM or possibly Loopy Pro?

Actually, what you need in StreamByter. MidiFire is a stand-alone MIDI routing app, essentially replacing the MIDI side of AUM. If you need help with StreamByter scripting, you could try posting the problem on the audeonic forum; someone might be able to help. I've done quite a lot with StreamByter: keyboard split with transposition, mapping and multiplexing of CCs (Xtouch mini).

What kind of filtering do you mean? Blocking certain CCs or notes, routing them to different MIDI channels? Converting notes to other notes, say for drum apps?

StreamByter has two modes. The first is explicit remapping/blocking rules, but they can be pretty arcane. The second is a fairly straightforward scripting language, where you write a handler for each MIDI message.

• I think streambyter’s filtering rules stop seeming arcane once one looks at examples along the lines of what one is trying to do. It can be hard to figure out without examples but with them isn’t so bad.

• @slicetwo said:

Have you checked AUM since the latest update? I think there’s more midi filtering than before.

• @espiegel123 @uncledave I need to filter certain channels to and from certain devices since I need access to basically 18 MIDI channels at any given time, and being able to also filter certain messages or remap them would be even better.

@gusgranite I saw a lot of the update, and looking at it again, maybe I can do what I want with it. I'm gonna play around and see what I can come up with.

Thanks, everyone!

• edited July 2022

I think it would be worth the effort to build a huge commented script with all kinds of message filters and converters.
    All lines could be commented and you could uncomment whatever filter(s) you need.

• @rs2000 said:
    I think it would be worth the effort to build a huge commented script with all kinds of message filters and converters.
    All lines could be commented and you could uncomment whatever filter(s) you need.

That's a pretty neat idea. One day in another multiverse, I'll have the time and motivation! Hahaha.

• @slicetwo said:

@rs2000 said:

That's a pretty neat idea. One day in another multiverse, I'll have the time and motivation! Hahaha.

Could be a joint effort.