Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Cool Covid Activities

What are some of the fun activities you’ve participated in during the pandemic?

Today, the girlfriend, her sister, and I went to a plant nursery and they had a butterfly encounter. It was extremely fun. It’s mostly outdoors and everyone was distancing.

Comments

• cool! looks like a fun experience.

ive been doing tons of yoga, a lot of gardening, trips to joshua tree, small camping trips with friends where we all get tested ahead of time, tons of cooking / trying new recipes.. downloading too many apps ..

• They have butterflies in an enclosure at the zoo here, but for me the zoo usually involves taking the light rail train (I’m avoiding public train travel during COVID) and the local zoo is very great for efficiency in traffic efficiency , but not so much for social distancing.

Sometimes I take a trip to the coast for coastal anomalies, but maybe every couple months. I went down to California last month late last month and did whale watching in Monterey, which was amazing. You still need to be around people though it’s outside and everyone wears masks and I even ate out very carefully and only outside.

Interstate travel is now banned in all the west coast USA cites without 14 day quarantine. I’m planning on doing some music, cooking, and video games.

• Abstract art with acrylic paint is good fun, especially if there’s kids around.
    There’s a ton of YouTube videos on it.

• Been meeting up with old friends on Zoom meetings quite often (got one happening later this afternoon). It’s been a great opportunity to meet up with people I haven’t seen for years.

• @robosardine said:
    Abstract art with acrylic paint is good fun, especially if there’s kids around.

This will be my next activity with my twins.
    Thanks for the inspiration✌️

• @Charlesalbert said:

@robosardine said:

This will be my next activity with my twins.
    Thanks for the inspiration✌️

You’re welcome - be sure to also have a look at the mistakes/fails videos before you get going - save yourself some unnecessary grief 😀

• @shinyisshiny said:
    cool! looks like a fun experience.

ive been doing tons of yoga, a lot of gardening, trips to joshua tree, small camping trips with friends where we all get tested ahead of time, tons of cooking / trying new recipes.. downloading too many apps ..

Don’t forget making preset packs for us 😉

@DMan said:
    They have butterflies in an enclosure at the zoo here, but for me the zoo usually involves taking the light rail train (I’m avoiding public train travel during COVID) and the local zoo is very great for efficiency in traffic efficiency , but not so much for social distancing.

Sometimes I take a trip to the coast for coastal anomalies, but maybe every couple months. I went down to California last month late last month and did whale watching in Monterey, which was amazing. You still need to be around people though it’s outside and everyone wears masks and I even ate out very carefully and only outside.

Interstate travel is now banned in all the west coast USA cites without 14 day quarantine. I’m planning on doing some music, cooking, and video games.

I’ve heard Monterey is lovely. Does it live up to the hype?

• @DMan said:
    They have butterflies in an enclosure at the zoo here, but for me the zoo usually involves taking the light rail train (I’m avoiding public train travel during COVID) and the local zoo is very great for efficiency in traffic efficiency , but not so much for social distancing.

I’ve heard Monterey is lovely. Does it live up to the hype?

I’m not sure what “the hype” is, but I like going there. Mostly due to the ocean life you can see and how neat the Bay can be. There is a large amount of marine life in the Bay. You can see different types of whales almost all of the year there are some types of whales there. The Monterey Bay aquarium is nice, but closed due to Covid 19. I’ve only been to Monterey 4 times, though. Once when traveling across the country while living in Midwest. Twice while living pretty close in NV on the boarder by Sacramento/Reno. And just once after moving to Pacific NW area. I will go there again.

• Fire spinning to the beat of your Audiobus creations 🕺

If you can’t spin fire, then use day poi/LED poi

• My main activity has been working and trying to adapt my work to meet the ever changing restrictions

Apart from that it's walks down by the loch, decorating, arts and crafts with my kids and trying to stay sane.

I'd love to do that butterfly thing though

• ....and cooking

...and drinking

• The fiancee and I have been climbing all the mountains and exploring all the national parks in our region. A lot of exercise and meltdowns.

Character building for sure. 😂

• @BroCoast said:
    The fiancee and I have been climbing all the mountains and exploring all the national parks in our region. A lot of exercise and meltdowns.

What region’s that, may I ask?

• Lots of hiking, backpacking and snowboarding here. Anything to get out in the woods and away from people.

• Riding my mountain bike, all year round.. Especially ❤️ Winter biking.. hardly a soul around.. get to see Eagles + Coyotes on a fairly regular basis along the river trail where I ride.. been doing some night riding lately too.. under the moonlight.. 👍
    Outdoor skating (day + night) + hiking with a camera in hand.. I’m outdoors every day no matter the weather or temperature.. just need to dress accordingly.. 😁

• I’ve never mountain biked so much in my life. Lots of hiking with the kids. Sledding and tobogganing now that there’s snow. Carpentry side work. You name it. Lockdown hasn’t really slowed me down at all. In fact its had the opposite effect.

• @Apex said:
    I’ve never mountain biked so much in my life.

@Apex Same here.. I’ve put more miles on my bike this year than any other year before.. riding nearly every day unless it’s crazy stormy outside.. So many more people on their bikes this year.. most I’ve seen.. very cool to see whole families riding together.. Mom, Dad + 2 little ones, (dogs + cats).. 🤣 It’s awesome!

• @royor said:

@Apex said:
    I’ve never mountain biked so much in my life.

@Apex Same here.. I’ve put more miles on my bike this year than any other year before.. riding nearly every day unless it’s crazy stormy outside.. So many more people on their bikes this year.. most I’ve seen.. very cool to see whole families riding together.. Mom, Dad + 2 little ones, (dogs + cats).. 🤣 It’s awesome!

Truth be told....

Been MTBing like 30 yrs, I’ve never seen anything like it. You can’t even find a bike to buy! It’s crazy. I wanted to buy a new fat bike, took me 6 months! Eventually I just went ahead and had a custom frame made. All bike shops near are cleaned out. The pandemic has made everybody healthier. 😄

• Yeah, I'm an avid mtn biker as well and wanted to spend lockdown building up a new dream bike piece by piece. Ha! I can't find the fork or shock I want, much less a frame or deraileaur.

• Road biker and footbiker (a cross between in running and cycling in terms of effort) here. Various lockdown rules have affected distance covered. The one kilometre radius period called for some creative route planning!

• @purpan2 said:

@BroCoast said:
    The fiancee and I have been climbing all the mountains and exploring all the national parks in our region. A lot of exercise and meltdowns.

Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.

We have done 3 of these mountains so far.

• @BroCoast said:

@purpan2 said:

@BroCoast said:

Ive been on Mt Coolum.

• @I_sip_cupps said:

@BroCoast said:

@purpan2 said:

@BroCoast said:

Ive been on Mt Coolum.

👍

That’s a good one too. Love my backyard here.

• @BroCoast said:

@purpan2 said:

@BroCoast said:

That looks geologically fantastic! Here, the Pyrenees are my local hills.

• edited December 2020

Oh god, yeah, I should get into mountainbiking again :D problem is my full suspension bike makes some gnarly sounds and I can't find the source... and where I moved to now, the only fun hill in a 1h radius is really sketchy when the floor's wet...lots of slippery clay everywhere and quite steep, not the best combination of place + season to start after a 1-2 years long break...

Agree, any kind of art is absolutely great for these days. I've been doing a lot of pencil drawing this year, mostly learning portraits and some figure drawing. I've only learned this year that watercolor pencils are a thing. And that watercolor brushes with a water tank inside the shaft are a thing. You just apply the color with the pencils and then get great watercolor gradients when you retouch everything with water.

Also: air-hardening/air-drying modelling clay! Made some really cool sculptures this year. And you don't even need an oven. You can even selectively harden stuff by putting a piece in the oven for a few minutes or warming it with a blowdryer. And then you can colour them with anything you got, pencils, watercolor, acrylic all give a different effect/texture.

I had never done any of this art stuff before march (well, since arts courses in school...), and also only got into making music this year. Feels like I discovered a side of me I never knew about before :)

• We have forests and wide beaches.
    Then there are the inner landscapes

• @purpan2 said:

@BroCoast said:

@purpan2 said:

@BroCoast said:

That looks geologically fantastic! Here, the Pyrenees are my local hills.

Pyrenees are my next summer goal if the pandemic recedes